IL IL - Karen Schuchardt, 18, Glen Ellyn, 13 May 1974

So was she first missed when she didn't show up for work?

I notice one of the Chicago Tribune articles says that "in school, she worked with emotionally disturbed teenagers in special education." Wonder if it was someone who knew her, perhaps had a crush on her.

How reliable was the sighting after her mom left her? There seems to be a dearth of information on the web regarding this case. The DuPage County Sheriff doesn't even have it on his unsolved murder list.

There is quite a bit of shopping in downtown Glen Ellyn, from where Karen went missing. I got the impression she was dropped off to shop prior to working and work was in the downtown shopping area.

As for a student possibly having a crush on her, I don't know how many emotionally disturbed teenagers would have access to a car. It's about 14 miles to Geneva/Fox River from Glen Ellyn. Though, there the metra train runs between Glen Ellyn and Geneva and the Glen Ellyn train station is right where she would have been shopping, in downtown Glen Ellyn. It's probably unlikely she got on the train with someone.

How reliable was the sighting after her mom left her? There seems to be a dearth of information on the web regarding this case. The DuPage County Sheriff doesn't even have it on his unsolved murder list.

Geneva is in Kane County, so I assume Kane County has jurisdiction over this case.

Geneva is in Kane County, so I assume Kane County has jurisdiction over this case.

OK, I just saw that Glen Ellyn was in DuPage County and went by that.

This is going to be convoluted-but remember that case a few years ago where this elderly man was guilty of killing a teen he had held captive in his basement-his wife discovered her and the man killed the girl and left her body hogtied in a field-I wonder if the same perp did this.

This was not a case handled by Dupage County. Just the PD of Glen Ellyn. So that is why not listed on unsolved list.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back