GUILTY NC - Goldie Gilliken Hall, 90, Gales Creek, 19 Sept 2012

chicoliving

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Authorities continue to search for an elderly woman whose house was damaged in a fire Thursday and are seeking the public’s help as well as pulling in a state helicopter and an arson team. The investigation continued Saturday.

The County Sheriff’s Department asks for any clues in finding Goldie Gillikin Hall of 2065 Highway 24. She was last seen Wednesday at her home.

Ms. Hall is 5 feet 2 inches tall, weighing about 100 pounds. Authorities say she was last seen wearing a red and white shirt, red pants and unknown color shoes. She is not operating a vehicle.

http://www.carolinacoastonline.com/news_times/news/article_4834a1de-04fc-11e2-b7e3-0019bb2963f4.html

This is a such a sad story. I hope they find this little lady.

They believe there's some foul play involved. From the above site--

BEAUFORT — The County Sheriff’s Department and the N.C. State Bureau of Investigation are offering a reward for information resulting in the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the disappearance and endangerment of Goldie Gilliken Hall, who has been missing since Wednesday.

This is about an hour from Newport where Abigaile Lefevers was abducted. I wonder if the two incidents could be related?

Ed to add= I just looked it up again because I forgot to add the S on the end of Gale and Google maps said 14 MINUTES away from each other?

So there was a fire in her home on Thursday, but she was not at the scene? Odd.

So there was a fire in her home on Thursday, but she was not at the scene? Odd.

Right, and the latest update says LE suspects foul play and are offering a reward.

Very odd

I'm trying to figure out if it's Gales Creek Rd is where she lived since that comes up as the Croatian National Forest and that's where they've been searching. If so, that's very close to Newport. It looks like her physical address comes up in possibly Cape Carterat? On Hwy 24. Close.

Oh, I hope this sweet lady is found safe soon.

Her companion (cat) Buttercup was found at home and they say she'd never leave her. :(

(OP link)

So, wild speculation: Could the RSO have hidden out there with Abigaile? And something went sideways and he had to dispose of poor Goldie. And he set fire to the scene so their trail would be destroyed?

So, wild speculation: Could the RSO have hidden out there with Abigaile? And something went sideways and he had to dispose of poor Goldie. And he set fire to the scene so their trail would be destroyed?
That is some good sleuth-speculation.

But I hope not.

Apparently Goldie doesn't own a car, or they would say that it is missing and give the info on it (unless it's left behind).

The fire happened first ,on Thursday; He could've robbed her and then tried to cover it up with a fire and doing something with Goldie. If you're going to kidnap a child you need money to be on the run. Purely speculation, but I've been to that area and it seems strange to have two missing people there in a matter of days.:what:

The RSO's address is Bogue Loop Rd and it's right off of 24 where Goldie lives, and both come up as a Croatan National Forest on Google maps.YIKES

Is it possible I wonder whether Goldie is travelling with them...not willingly mind you. Could the RSO have taken Goldie with him thinking she is a frail old woman who would not put up much or any of a fight, yet with her travelling with him and a child it just looks like 3 generations going for a drive....Does that make sense?
Maybe he burnt the house down on his way out of town so the authorities were occupied investigating that and he could make a quick getaway without any attention? JMO

I wonder what it is about the "area of interest" that was found in the recent search for Goldie. That same OP link said they had to quit early due to mechanical probs with the heliocopter and as of report time on Sunday, they still weren't back in the air. :(

Oh, this is not good.... great sleuthing/connections in linking this with Abigaile's case! Is LE aware of the connection? One would hope so, but I have learned the hard way - at WS's and in RL, that what is obvious to us, is not so obvious to the people it should be obvious to... Might be worth a call in??? No??? Yes??? :waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

I'm assuming (eek) that both cases are being handled by the same LE agency. We should be able to tell by the MSM articles, rite?

Goldie's is the County (didn't see which one) Sheriff’s Department and the N.C. State Bureau of Investigation.

Abigaile's is Carteret County 252-504-4800

(still looking at articles to see if state BI also).

Is it possible I wonder whether Goldie is travelling with them...not willingly mind you. Could the RSO have taken Goldie with him thinking she is a frail old woman who would not put up much or any of a fight, yet with her travelling with him and a child it just looks like 3 generations going for a drive....Does that make sense?
Maybe he burnt the house down on his way out of town so the authorities were occupied investigating that and he could make a quick getaway without any attention? JMO

Or, could be that he did something to Goldie ... botched robbery, maybe, and was afraid LE was getting close, so took Abigaile as insurance. KWIM?

Can't imagine what he would've told a 12-y-o to convince her to leave home in the middle of the night.

Her dad said he knows him, but didn't think he would take his daughter. :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back