1261 users online (227 members and 1034 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

FL - Rose Bruce, 79, Ormond Beach, 24 Sept 2012

A 79-year-old woman was reported missing early Tuesday after she left work the night before and her purse was found in her smoky apartment near Ormond Beach, a Volusia sheriff's spokesman said.

The groceries that Rose Bruce took home after her shift ended Monday at 10 p.m. at Walmart, were also found in the apartment at 1502 San Marco Drive, said spokesman Brandon Haught.

Haught said deputies are seeking the public's help in locating Bruce.

Bruce's daughter-in-law reported her missing at 1:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Both of them work at the Ormond Beach Walmart and Bruce was expected to go home after her shift ended at 10 p.m. Monday night and then return to the store an hour later to pick up her daughter-in-law, Haught said.

However, Bruce never showed up
    http://www.news-journalonline.com/ar...each-apartment

Rose Bruce’s daughter-in-law reported the woman missing at 1:30 a.m. Tuesday. Both of them work at the Ormond Beach Walmart and Bruce’s shift ended at 10 p.m. Monday. She was expected to go home and then return to the store an hour later to pick up her daughter-in-law at the end of her shift an hour later. However, Bruce never showed up.
    http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news...arching_f.html

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news...8574072351.jpg

another snip:

Deputies conducted an extensive neighborhood canvas and checked the local hospitals. She has never gone missing before and has not been diagnosed with any type of cognitive impairment.

Bruce is 5’1” tall and weighs about 110 pounds. She has blue eyes and gray hair. Her car is a blue 1997 Honda Accord with Florida plate K383JA.
    ***this thread was posted at the request of our member, fraudqueen***
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 09-28-2012 at 01:31 PM.

I'm praying for this sweet woman, she has checked me out many times at Walmart. Her apartment complex is only about 1/2 mile from her job. My first thought was maybe she drove into a pond....but there is only one....a retention pond at walmart and it is very shallow. I'm fearing she may have been carjacked. I will keep everyone posted if there is any news here.

Im praying with you fraudqueen!
    Shine Somer Shine!

My posts are my opinion only; you may not use my posts for
    anything, except quoting within the Websleuths Forum.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, but there are a million ways to be a good one!

It's sad that a 79-year-old woman was driving a 15-year-old Honda and was living in an apartment. This doesn't sound like a car jacking. It sounds like she left briefly to do something. It seems like her problem might be age-related. It could be dementia or it could be a medical problem. Perhaps she died in her car and simply has not been located yet.

I will read the story again and try to figure out why they are calling it suspicious.

It says her shift ended at 10 p.m. You don't get to walk out of the store at the end of a shift. You have to clock out at the back of the store. She's 79 years old. There's no way she got out of that parking lot before 10:10 p.m. We'll assume that it only took her five minutes to make it home and turn on the oven. So it's now 10:15 p.m. It takes about 10 minutes to preheat an oven. That means she put in the food no earlier than 10:25 p.m. We don't know the exact time that the home was found to be filled with smoke. But it seems like no more than an hour could have passed between the time she put in the food and the time that the home filled with smoke. I put fries in my oven for 45 minutes last night, and there were still not crispy. So I'm guessing that the smoke was from the burgers.

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Strange that she took her phone and keys, yet her phone was not on. The apt was said to be in disarray and she would always lock the door. Where was her son? Does the grandson live there? Hate to say it, but start with the family.

Not really much info:

ORMOND BEACH, Fla. —
    The search for a missing 79-year-old Ormond Beach woman continues Wednesday, but details surrounding her disappearance are still thin.

Last edited by hollyblue; 09-26-2012 at 07:35 AM.

We have been told she bought a few groceries after she clocked out. They will not issue a Silver Alert on the interstates here for the car, because she had no health issues and no dimentia. The area where she lives and works is in a upper class area with a some traffic all times. There is a Interstate 95 interchange right there also, being the city connected to Daytona Beach and Holly Hill to the north.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/ar...1040?p=1&tc=pg

Sad that a 70 y.o. woman is still working at Wal Mart. Sounds like she just wandered off somewhere, maybe stepped outside to get something and was assaulted. Maybe she was followed and the attacker thought she had money. Drug addicts will attack and rob someone for a few dollars these days.
    I hope she is found safe, but it doesn't sound good. I'm not thinking family here, sounds like a random attacker to me.

I also find it strange that Walmart is not commenting. I would sure like to know what their cameras taped that night. Did they show her coming back to the store to pick up the daughter-in-law? Where is her son? So many questions. I have to go there this morning, will see what I can find out. (Also, my DH is a retired police officer and this was the zone he worked for many, many years).

Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    Sad that a 70 y.o. woman is still working at Wal Mart. Sounds like she just wandered off somewhere, maybe stepped outside to get something and was assaulted. Maybe she was followed and the attacker thought she had money. Drug addicts will attack and rob someone for a few dollars these days.
    I hope she is found safe, but it doesn't sound good. I'm not thinking family here, sounds like a random attacker to me.
    Many elderly people here in Florida still work another job after retiring for something to do. My own 78 year old mother refuses to stop working and also walks three miles every day. She said sitting around at home drives her crazy.

I was thinking, there are a few homeless people who are known to live in the wooded area on the other side of I95, but not many.

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.

So is this the daughter-in-law's son? Did he live there too?

A man who identified himself on the phone as Bruce's grandson did not want to talk about the small, slender woman on Tuesday afternoon, saying only, “We are family-oriented people and she's my grandmother. That's all we got.”
    http://www.news-journalonline.com/ar...1040?p=2&tc=pg
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

FL - Rose Bruce - 79 years old - Ormond Beach - 24-Sep-2012

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-flo...b/-/index.html

Published 5:36 AM EDT Sep 26, 2012

Search for missing Ormond Beach woman enters second day
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 09-28-2012 at 01:28 PM.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,1878723.story

a silver alert has now been issued... article says she had been showing some signs of confusion or forgetfulness and no signs of foul play but nothing ruled out yet

I just got home....mums the word at Walmart, no one knows anything or at least not saying anything. I did find out from a LE source that as of today they believe she has dementia. They said the daughter in law walked to the apartment and called 911 immediately. The first deputy on the scene said the oven was fire red and within minutes the whole apartment would have been on fire.
    IMO she could have made a wrong turn out of the apartments and ended up in one of the waterways around here, as so many other people have done. However, I'm still not ready to rule out foul play. I'm praying for her, but it doesn't look good.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast