1333 users online (247 members and 1086 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

IL - Harsha Maddula, 19, Evanston, 22 Sept 2012

this missing student is diabetic according to family

Friends last saw Harsha Maddula, 19, around 12:30 a.m. Saturday after he left a party in the 2000 block of Ridge Avenue, west of the main campus.

Maddula was at the party with a group of about 10 friends. Some of them left to go to a second location – possibly another party – but Maddula disappeared, the Sun-Times Media Wire reported.

Sources who saw Maddula at the party told the Daily Northwestern that he was coherent, and was not obviously intoxicated or stumbling.

No one has seen or heard from him since.

The Daily Northwestern reports Meddula was contacted, but not seen, at 6:45 p.m. Saturday, and by Sunday afternoon, he officially became a missing person.

If any information – anything, if you can find anything – please let us know, we’d really appreciate it,” she said. “He’s a diabetic, and I don’t know what condition he’s in right now.”

Harsha Maddula’s father, Prasad Maddula, said the family is frustrated by what they say is a lack of help from authorities.

“We need help. We have no response from the dean. We have no response from the school. Nobody is approaching us. Nobody is taking our phone calls. We went to the police. We approached the FBI. The FBI is refusing to join in the investigating,” Prasad Maddula said.

He implored fellow students to do their part in helping find his son.
    http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/09/...stern-student/

http://cbschicago.files.wordpress.co...0925.jpg?w=300

police have sent an e-mail to students and staff to contact them if they have any information. They are also studying tapes and other electronic records from campus.
    http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=8823509

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...171086661.html

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HarshaMaddula/
    family find facebook

http://www.northwestern.edu/news/breaking-news/
    school release

This doesn't make sense. Friends last saw him "after he left a party"? Where did they last see him then?

Was he enroute to the second party? How did the group of 10 travel from one party to the next?

How was he traveling? Had he been attending classes? Anything going on in his life, any unusual stress?
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

I noticed on his poster that it said:

Medical Condition Alert: Diabetic.

ETA: I'm just assuming here, but usually diabetics at this age are type 1 diabetics and require insulin.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    This doesn't make sense. Friends last saw him "after he left a party"? Where did they last see him then?

Was he enroute to the second party? How did the group of 10 travel from one party to the next?

How was he traveling? Had he been attending classes? Anything going on in his life, any unusual stress?
    most of that is in the above articles including clothing description. He is a straight A sophomore pre med student.

The school release says the party was about a mile from his dorm (so he lives on campus) and that they are reviewing video, etc and sent out email campus wide.

It didn't say how he was traveling but it didn't mention a car so I am guessing he must have been on foot.

My first concern is always the lake. If he was on foot he could have picked up a cab, bus or train....

i wonder why the articles don't mention where the 10 said he was to be going? How does one just drop out of sight from a group of 10 traveling together?

It isn't far to wander into some very dangerous neighborhoods.....

praying Harsha is found safely soon.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Sorry, I missed this part of the ABC article:

Harsha Maddula disappeared just after midnight Saturday morning. Friends saw him leaving an off-campus party. Later, they realized he wasn't with them as they walked to another party.

I wonder if anyone can confirm he actually left the first party at the same time the group of ten left? Was he actually seen after leaving the party? Or did they think he was coming along with them and noticed at some point along the way he was not with the group?
    ~JMO~

I'm assuming the friends at the party (who remained) saw him leave out the door and assumed he was leaving with the group, but as the group was walking a bit later it was suddenly noticed that he was not among them.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

fbi now involved
    Northwestern University officials say the FBI and Evanston police are now involved in the search for missing pre-med student Harsha Maddula.

PHOTOS: Police search for missing persons
    Harsha Maddula is a sophomore pre-med major. He was last seen leaving a party near the Evanston campus early Saturday morning.

Eighteen-year-old Harsha Maddula's family is desperate for answers. They flew in from Long Island Monday to search for the Northwestern pre-med student who has been missing for four days. They say he was just diagnosed with diabetes and is not known to disappear.

"He just came Wednesday over here to help first year students," said mother Dhannalakshmi Maddula. "Classes start this Thursday, but he wants to help. He's a very helping boy and he's so good. I don't know what happened."
    http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=8824190

also: classes have not started yet.. they start on thursday according to this article

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    My first concern is always the lake. If he was on foot he could have picked up a cab, bus or train....

i wonder why the articles don't mention where the 10 said he was to be going? How does one just drop out of sight from a group of 10 traveling together?

It isn't far to wander into some very dangerous neighborhoods.....

praying Harsha is found safely soon.
    That is usually my first thought too. Young men leaving a party for some odd reason are usually drawn to a body of water. Its so weird. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by ttcRider View Post
    That is usually my first thought too. Young men leaving a party for some odd reason are usually drawn to a body of water. Its so weird. JMO
    It is weird. It correlates almost 80% of the time - young man, college student, party/bar, body of water, drowning.

Oh no...so, so close to the lake. I'm praying that they find this young man. As a diabetic, even a moderate amount of alcohol could impact him.

What does this mean? I found it in the first article, CBS Chicago link:

The Daily Northwestern reports Meddula was contacted, but not seen, at 6:45 p.m. Saturday, and by Sunday afternoon, he officially became a missing person.

Does that mean someone spoke to him by phone? If that's the case, it's understandable that LE isn't willing to act immediately to investigate. I wonder what the dad means by saying no one will even take their calls?

Found this on Northwestern's website, updated about 2 hours ago:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    What does this mean? I found it in the first article, CBS Chicago link:

Does that mean someone spoke to him by phone? If that's the case, it's understandable that LE isn't willing to act immediately to investigate. I wonder what the dad means by saying no one will even take their calls?

Contacted how? Someone should really verify whether or not contact was made and what type of contact. The above does not indicate what typ and whether it was credible contact made but not by sight.
    ~JMO~

University Police believe there is no indication of any danger or threat to other members of the Northwestern community.

Following is an update on the investigation:
    - University Police have requested assistance from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and met with officials from the FBI this morning.
    - The Evanston Police Department is assisting with the investigation.
    - The Statewide Terrorism and Intelligence Center has been notified, as well as Cook County Department of Emergency Management.
    - University Police have interviewed the students who were with Maddula and in his residence hall and searched the area near campus where he was last seen. In addition, UP has reviewed closed circuit TV tapes and electronic key data for Maddula's residence hall, but neither indicate that he returned to his residence hall that night.

~JMO~

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast