CFD EMT/Paramedic Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.maxshacknai.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/CFD_Report.pdf

This is the report of the Coronado Fire Dept. regarding their care when Max fell. The report clearly states that no CPR was performed prior to their arrival on the scene.

This seems to directly contradict previous information that RZ was giving "rescue breaths" at the time of the Paramedics/EMTs' arrival.

Salem

This is the report of the Coronado Fire Dept. regarding their care when Max fell. The report clearly states that no CPR was performed prior to their arrival on the scene.

This seems to directly contradict previous information that RZ was giving "rescue breaths" at the time of the Paramedics/EMTs' arrival.

Salem

I hope it is ok to respond here. It appears to contradict the 911 call also where XZ states Rebecca is resuscitating Max while XZ is on the phone. I wondered if there were either earlier responders and they are saying those responders did not give CPR or if they they are claiming that CPR was not administered (chest compression, etc.) but that does not rule out life saving breaths - semantics, definitions?

I don't know..... but I can certainly see where the argument comes from now. It would have been helpful to have this document much, much earlier.

On another note - has the 911 call ever been released? Can it be obtained through the FIA?

Salem

it says cpr stopped due to return of pulses.
said heart rate (pulse) 96
and BP of 124/76

I have not followed the case closely. I just saw "the heading of this thread" and it caught my attention as a RN.

I don't know..... but I can certainly see where the argument comes from now. It would have been helpful to have this document much, much earlier.

On another note - has the 911 call ever been released? Can it be obtained through the FIA?

Salem

As far as I know, the Dr. Phil show was the first time t he public heard any of the tape (partial) and it is not available. According to the California Public Records Act, 911 calls have to be made public record, so could be requested. They do also, however, protect some info that is personal or medical.

it says cpr stopped due to return of pulses.
said heart rate (pulse) 96
and BP of 124/76

I have not followed the case closely. I just saw "the heading of this thread" and it caught my attention as a RN.

Page 2 of the Pre-Hospital Care Report states that author mcolley documents:

Pts return of pulse and bp where (sic) once the pt was in the ed. Pt vitals were HR 96 BP 124/76. Pt was transported to the closest facility dur to an unsecured airway. Pts airway was not patent due to continuous vomit and secretions that required suctioning. Matt Colley P11092.

This indicates CPR/ ACLS was in progress during transport to Coronado Hospital. Paramedics were unable to intubate (establish an endotracheal airway)-- they placed a 5.5 ETT, then pulled it for improper positioning. Page one states they placed a NPA (nasopharyngeal airway-- a nasal tube to help with ventilation, and were using a bag-valve-mask ambu bag to ventilate, while maintaining spinal precautions.

The comments about the unsecured airway and the transport to the nearest facility say to me that the pediatric hospital would have been their choice of initial destination, but because of difficulties with airway management, and intraosseous access (2 tries-- second with adult needle due to no more pediatric equipment), they chose to go to the smaller community hospital first. That facility would not have planned to admit or keep a child with severe head trauma and cardiac arrest-- they were stopping there for help with stabilization, then planning to transfer to Rady. I'm sure docs at Coronado Hospital were in contact with Rady almost immediately, before Max even arrived at Coronado, planning the transfer, if Max were to arrive alive and stable enough to withstand the transfer to Rady.

Salem

Hi Salem

Thank you for this link.

I have a question.
Chief complaint? Cardiac Arrest prior to arrival.

Do we know what is that about? Also aside from facial injuries and chandelier all over the place- no obvious marks or injuries noted on neck torso etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member