1058 users online (227 members and 831 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Psy's "Gangnam Style" tops 260 million YouTube views, proves quite hard to dislike

Catchy ‘Gangnam Style’ has sharp social riff, 260M views (Kansas City Star/AP)
    South Korean rapper Psy’s “Gangnam Style” video has 260 million YouTube views and counting, and it’s easy to see why.

No Korean language skills are needed to enjoy the chubby, massively entertaining performer’s crazy horse-riding dance, the song’s addictive chorus and the video’s exquisitely odd series of misadventures.

Beneath the antic, funny surface of his world-conquering song, however, is a sharp social commentary about the country’s newly rich and Gangnam, the affluent district where many of them live. Gangnam is only a small slice of Seoul, but it inspires a complicated mixture of desire, envy and bitterness.
    ---
    Lengthy article about Psy and the song at link above

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0&feature=player_embedded"]PSY - GANGNAM STYLE (•‚Šƒ€일) M/V - YouTube[/ame]
    Quite hard not to love, actually.

SNL did a tribute skit to the song, that I thought was pretty funny... it ended with the actual Psy coming out and getting his props.

The guy is talented... and pretty hilarious. He's all about entertaining:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU8LJK0-fCo"]PSY - Lady GaGa & Beyonce dance - YouTube[/ame]

I've been doing Psy's "crazy horse-riding dance" around the house since I discovered that video the other day. The dog is looking at me like I am NUTS. But at least he's come out from behind the futon now.

SO much fun. Love this guy!
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    I've been doing Psy's "crazy horse-riding dance" around the house since I discovered that video the other day. The dog is looking at me like I am NUTS. But at least he's come out from behind the futon now.
    You and me both! I don't have a dog but my cat gives me one of these looks.

Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Psy on Ellen show with Britney Spears

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZmkU5Pg1sw"]Surprise! Britney Learns 'Gangnam Style' from Psy! - YouTube[/ame]
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbg4XFhuiPU"]PSY cover dance (Single Ladies) - YouTube[/ame]

I was so surprised to hear this had gone viral on the mainland (and the rest of the world) I knew we had massive airplay here in Hawaii before it did but this state is predominately Asian (and southeast Asian) in demographics.

He went to college in Boston...FYI I love K-pop!

Never heard it,and don't want to.: Laugh:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

Sentence - LIFE Without Parole

It's almost as close to reggaeton as it is to rap.

Makes me want to be a dancer in his next video!

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    I love everything about it!! I haven't been able to get it out of my head since I first heard it a few weeks ago. AND I want to learn that dance!

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Gangnam Style by Psy tops UK chart (Guardian)
    Psy becomes first South Korean musician to reach No 1
    as Gangnam Style receives more than 253m hits on YouTube

Love this!

Red face

Love this song!
    Staffies They're Softer Than You Think

"From where you're kneeling, it must seem like an 18-carat string of bad luck. But the truth is... the game was rigged from the start." Benny Fallout: New Vegas

"What is the most admirable creature on God's green Earth? Why, it's the bee! Have you ever seen a bee on vacation? Have you ever seen a bee take a sick day? Well, my friends, the answer is no! So I say, be... the bee! Be the bee!" - Jeremiah Fink Bioshock Infinite

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1AGTGLL_wg&feature=related"]CPDRC Inmates Gangnam Style (2012) - YouTube[/ame]

The renowned Cebu dancing inmates, who rose to internet fame five years ago with their Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” choreography, have gone “Gangnam Style” this time.

About 1,000 prisoners at the Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center et (CPDRC) in southern Philippines braved the rain last September 29 to show their awesome dance of Korean rapper and YouTube sensation Psy’s “Gangnam Style,”
    http://www.tempo.com.ph/2012/cebu-in...gangnam-style/

Since this is a crime website I thought it was funny

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast