976 users online (152 members and 824 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon View Post
    From what we just heard, I'm of the opinion that EJ will not testify. Prosecutor would goad her into any angry explosion and she'll lie her head off, contradicting herself all over the place. I also don't think the defense will mount a case. Her attorney will rely on closing arguments to make his case.

Let's see if my crystal ball is working!
    I think your crystal ball is accurate. I doubt she will testify, since the DT strategy is that she did not do anything and the state has not proven their case (according to the DT) because there is no case, bla bla bla.

What worries me is that this craaaaap might actually work.
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

It looks like the defense is 2 pronged:

1) Tammi Smith did everything

2) Dec 18 was the last time EJ was in AZ, so anything she did AFTER that date should not be tried in AZ - therefore, not guilty of the AZ charges.

JVM is on HLN discussing this case . . . I just tuned in. They will be discussing the "love and hate" relationship of EJ towards Logan and baby Gabriel after the break.
    Proud member of the AFKBPOFPOPL

Quote Originally Posted by artsy1 View Post
    It looks like the defense is 2 pronged:

1) Tammi Smith did everything

2) Dec 18 was the last time EJ was in AZ, so anything she did AFTER that date should not be tried in AZ - therefore, not guilty of the AZ charges.
    She did remove the child from the state without telling the baby's father and he was denied visitation while she was out of State. If her legal residence is AZ they are correct in what they have charged her with. I would think her defense team knows that. Even if she were to have given GJ away for adoption I believe since custody was established in AZ she is rightfully charged with custodial interference. She has had 3 years to tell Logan where his child is. There is no excuse and she is responsible for what has happened. This "it's someone else's fault" defense is getting old when it comes to a missing child.

It is possible the other state is waiting until the trial is over hoping to get whatever information they can before they charge her with the baby's death.

Some women are just not cut out to be mothers, just like some men are not cut out to be a dad. jmo

Audio clips of TPS talking to EJ calling her liar or psychotic and she deserves to be thrown under the bus. JVM telling how she and EJ met @ an airport. Reminds JVM of Casey A. - fiction and reality are just a lie away . . . they tell people what they want to hear or convince themselves of the lie. Robbie Ludwig is saying EJ is a very very sick woman . . . questions why EJ would not save herself @ this point if she did give the child away. JVM said EJ could give some hints as to where the child is . . . she is facing kidnapping and custodial interference charges - she will be on the hook whether the child is found or not. EJ as already admitted she interefered with Logan's custodial rights -admitting guilt of what she is being charged with. JVM said EJ was showing she was "looney tunes" showing up screaming @ his place of work. She wants Logan to be tortured his whole life of what really happened to Gabriel. Mike Brooks thinks EJ really just wanted to hurt Logan and EJ has no reason to give up where baby might be now in these charges. Caller asks if EJ has ever taken a lie detector test. Cannot be used in court - no one has said one way or another. JVM would love to know if EJ took one and what the results were - wishes we could use some of lie detectors in court . .. more on other side of the break.

Audio clips of EJ telling Logan she killed Gabriel . . . Logan says no you didn't! Clip of Grandpa Frank McQuery saying he didn't get a chance to take Gabriel to see Santa. Caller saying why does EJ in purple top and earring get to get off scot free? Lena Jakobsson - field producer for HLN - says EJ was found incompetent twice before court. JVM asking Robbie Ludwig whether EJ is lying or being overly dramatic . . . Robbie says hard to tell . . . often we want to believe a woman like this . . . .

JVM thinks LE has dropped the ball. . . . commentator says Grandpa paints picture of Logan changing diapers, loving toward child, prosecutor painting picture EJ wanting to get rid of him. Maybe she was envious of all the attention Gabriel was receiving. . . Robbie Ludwig agrees.

Another story is up after the break.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    No wonder this trial is going take so long....they only hold court for about 3 hours a day and thats not even 5 days a week. Never saw anything like this before.

I agree, absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    I found an article with some of the details you mentioned but I'm not sure it is from a credible source so I hesitate to link it. I have my doubts about this particular theory. If you google
    Gabriel and Elizabeth johnson seen at surveillance video outside of 6 Flags San Antonio
    you will find the article
    it also links it back to us here. no problem with that

do we have a new thread for Thursday 9/27/2012?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185888"]Elizabeth Johnson Trial - Day 5 - 4th Day of Prosecution's Case - Thursday, Sept 27 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Trial Day 5- 9/27/2012

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7