801 users online (69 members and 732 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

VA - Virginia Beach, WhtMale UP 9528, natural causes, Oct'01 - Samuel Barnard

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9528

I really want to make a thread for this guy but I can't seem to post. His death has been haunting me since I first learned about it a month ago.

40-65 y/o white male, 70 inches tall, 217 lbs.

Was running on Laskin Ave. in VA Beach when he started having a heart attack. Ran into the Burger King on Laskin and dropped dead. No ID. This happened back in 2001.... and 10/16 will mark 11 years since he passed. There's a picture and everything and I just don't know how no one knows he's gone..

Anyway, would someone with more posting power post this for me?? Please?? I want to send him home
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 02-03-2013 at 12:52 AM.

VA, Virginia Beach - Male (NamUs 9528), heart attack while jogging, October 2001

This poor guy died while jogging in Virginia Beach:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9528

He jogged into the Burger King, collapsed, and died at the restaurant.

Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Thank you SO MUCH for posting this!!!!! I hope you WS'ers can help me solve his mystery -- it'll be 11 years soon

I just cannot believe this guy was jogging and all of a sudden died with no ID and NO ONE listed him as missing. VAB is a HUGE tourist area, but not really during October.

However, the khaki or tan pants he was wearing -- if they were dress pants or casual pants maybe he was walking to his destination and then jogged into the BK when he felt his heart going crazy? The description is so very vague.

IMO he looks well-to-do, well groomed, well taken care of. Possibly has dentures but IDK b/c it's not listed on his report. Very few wrinkles so I'd say he was never a smoker.

He is a bit overweight though, at 218 lbs for 5'10", so maybe not surprising he had a heart attack.

Quite a surprising number of runners, including my husband, don't carry ID when they run. But I'm guessing he's more or less local, because he apparently wasn't carrying a hotel key.

What's strange is that he was wearing khaki pants...

Imo he must not have been an avid jogger because you normally wouldn't jog with khakis on.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry, I just read the description on Namus and they say tan pants. I made the assumption they were khaki which brings up the question, what type of clothes were these? Casual, business casual, athletic???

Quote Originally Posted by traacker13 View Post
    Sorry, I just read the description on Namus and they say tan pants. I made the assumption they were khaki which brings up the question, what type of clothes were these? Casual, business casual, athletic???

Exactly -- it just says "tan pants" it doesn't specify if they were tan sweat pants or khakis.

If people contact the case worker would the case worker be able to release more details?

Quote Originally Posted by astridxx View Post
    Exactly -- it just says "tan pants" it doesn't specify if they were tan sweat pants or khakis.

If people contact the case worker would the case worker be able to release more details?
    Sometimes they do. It never hurts to ask.

So far this is the only guy I've found who's even remotely possible:

http://www.nampn.org/cases/fairbank_john.html
    Last edited by carbuff; 09-26-2012 at 05:16 PM. Reason: keep two possibles separate

See the original doesn't have a double chin -- but then again he is dead and lying down so...

I'm actually glad I found this place b/c maybe you guys will understand. I have been OBSESSED with this case for a month now. I (am sane, I promise) had willed, absolutely WILLED this guy to come to me in a dream and tell me his name. I mean the fact he was out jogging makes for a much weirder case than if he had simply been homeless. His employers/employees didn't notice he was gone? His front yard didn't get over grown? The neighbors didn't notice?? How is his identity so... ~unsolvable?

Anyway, in my dream, the night I willed this dead guy to talk to me, I met two guys -- ages 18 - 22 and both of them told me their names. But the only name I remembered was "Buckley."

I just don't even know where to begin -- there is a Buckley Center in VAB for people who have suffered from brain trauma (I think) but... they'd know if he worked there, right??

Quote Originally Posted by astridxx View Post
    See the original doesn't have a double chin -- but then again he is dead and lying down so...

I'm actually glad I found this place b/c maybe you guys will understand. I have been OBSESSED with this case for a month now. I (am sane, I promise) had willed, absolutely WILLED this guy to come to me in a dream and tell me his name. I mean the fact he was out jogging makes for a much weirder case than if he had simply been homeless. His employers/employees didn't notice he was gone? His front yard didn't get over grown? The neighbors didn't notice?? How is his identity so... ~unsolvable?

Anyway, in my dream, the night I willed this dead guy to talk to me, I met two guys -- ages 18 - 22 and both of them told me their names. But the only name I remembered was "Buckley."

I just don't even know where to begin -- there is a Buckley Center in VAB for people who have suffered from brain trauma (I think) but... they'd know if he worked there, right??
    If he was a patient there, and he left, they might not have been able to stop him.

In so many of these cases, there are people desperately looking for him, but for whatever reason, they aren't looking in the same place. Maybe the UID isn't in a place s/he should be, or maybe the family just hasn't happened to look in the right listing. There have been cases where the family thought they had reported a missing person to LE, but the LE office either lost the paperwork or never took it seriously.

James Corr is known to have been wandering up and down the east coast:

http://www.nampn.org/cases/corr_james.html

James's eye color is off.

Emailed the regional director of his case -- haven't received a response though she's at a missing persons conference in VAB until today. Hoping she'll have some more details (esp on the pants!!)

This guy is like the poster child for Road ID. I'm guilty of not wearing mine when I run alone, this is a good reminder that I need to. Although, I'd like to think someone would notice me missing. How odd.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast