797 users online (165 members and 632 guests)  

Websleuths News

Talking Idaho fisherman finds human finger in belly of a fish

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/26/us/ida...html?hpt=hp_t3

Idaho fisherman finds human finger in belly of a fish
    From Amanda Watts, CNN
    updated 2:37 PM EDT, Wed September 26, 2012

(CNN) -- It's a fish tale almost impossible to believe.

A fisherman found a human finger in the belly of a trout caught in a remote northern Idaho lake. And detectives located the owner, who delivered a surprising message.

Despite the hard work of investigators, Haans Galassi said he did not want to be reunited with his severed digit.

"At first the sheriff asked me if I wanted it back, and I was thinking 'um, no!" Galassi, 31, said....

My cousin has a cabin at Priest Lake and she usually spends the month of July up there, I'm going to have to ask her if she heard about the accident when it occurred. So sad for the young man water skiing, what a senseless way to lose four fingers!

ETA Not like there is a sensible reason to lose your fingers... I hope ya'all know what I meant!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Frigga View Post
    My cousin has a cabin at Priest Lake and she usually spends the month of July up there, I'm going to have to ask her if she heard about the accident when it occurred. So sad for the young man water skiing, what a senseless way to lose four fingers!

ETA Not like there is a sensible reason to lose your fingers... I hope ya'all know what I meant!
    BBM

No, not really.

I guess I meant it is somewhat more common for someone to lose fingers in accidents involving farm equipment or heavy machinery... not while water skiing?!

Quote Originally Posted by Frigga View Post
    I guess I meant it is somewhat more common for someone to lose fingers in accidents involving farm equipment or heavy machinery... not while water skiing?!

It's not all that unheard of for a fish to take a finger or a toe off. There's even a few fresh water species that can and have done this in the past. Losing a finger would be a good day out if your fishing the amazon lol..
    Everything I Write Is JMHO ..

"Now I'm thinking, what if I can get it put back on?" he said. "I've called my doctor to see if they can put it back on and I'm waiting for him to call me back."
    I'm no doctor but I think the chances of successfully replanting a finger that spent two months in a lake and a trout's belly and then some time in the sheriff's evidence freezer are nil to non-existent.

This is disturbing
    England's dancing days are done...