706 users online (99 members and 607 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #3

AN Irish woman who works for ABC radio in Melbourne has vanished while walking home from a Brunswick bar.
    Jill Meagher, 29, was seen leaving The Brunswick Green bar on Sydney Rd at about midnight, before walking to Bar Etiquette where she was last seen between 1.30am and 2am on Saturday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...-1226479708333

thread #1

thread #2

case map
    Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 03:26 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Any opinions I post here are my own and not those of Websleuths.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a hanam. (May her soul be at God's right hand.)

Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 03:26 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

I have been following the tragic breaking news on WS in bed since 3am. Cannot sleep. Devastated for a life taken too soon, for the loss and grief her family and friends must endure. R.I.P. Jill. Thank you all on WS for allowing me to walk this walk with you. Just so incredibly sad there was not a happier ending...

Quote Originally Posted by they'll get you View Post
    I'd like to apologise to Jill's husband for jumping the gun in the early stages. You must have been going though a living hell & didn't need the likes of us sleuther blaming you.
    Totally agree. Some are so quick to point the finger without any basis. All along LE said that he was not a suspect. He was fully cooperative as he would be wanting to find his wife. Interpreting facial expressions on interviews for anything other than what they were - pure grief - is very sad. It is one thing to sleuth. It is sometime completely different to victimise someone who is already going through their own private hell. How helpless he must have felt.

What a tragic outcome for him and the family but well done LE.

I am amazed at how upset so many of the reporters are by the story. What went down at the 10:30pm meeting with police last night must have been totally horrendous. I know one reporter that actually threw up.

Looking at some of my Facebook friends posts that covered this is just so sad. They believe they will have to sign confidentially agreements.

I have been a reporter for a 30 years, there have been a few cases that have made my stomach turn but this just seems so much worse. These guys are not green reporters, they are very experienced. They would probably say they have seen it all if you had asked them yesterday.
    ^^^^ everything up there is Moo

I Still Call Australia Home

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Quote Originally Posted by GutFeeling! View Post
    I am amazed at how upset so many of the reporters are by the story. What went down at the 10:30pm meeting with police last night must have been totally horrendous. I know one reporter that actually threw up.

Looking at some of my Facebook friends posts that covered this is just so sad. They believe they will have to sign confidentially agreements.

I have been a reporter for a 30 years, there have been a few cases that have made my stomach turn but this just seems so much worse. These guys are not green reporters, they are very experienced. They would probably say they have seen it all if you had asked them yesterday.
    BBM

Where did you hear that information? I'm not doubting you, just questioning as I'd like to read/watch as well.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Kimster, what a beautiful, touching, appropriate song. The beauty of the Irish scenery is reflective of the beauty of Jillian - a beauty that will live forever in the hearts of all those who were touched by her beautiful spirit and precious nature.
    God Bless Jillian's family, friends and the love of her life, her husband Tom...may they hold cherished memories of her spirit and know that she is reflected in the vibrant colours and beauty of life ..forever.

Adrian Bayley has appeared in a news story titled ****, 40, jailed for drunken king-hit. It is in the Geelong Advertiser. I am on my tablet and can't cut and paste the link. Geelongadvertisor.com.au/article/2012/02/28/309801_news_pf.html it talks briefly about priors including sexual violence.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 03:25 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotlight View Post
    Ar dheis Dé go raibh a hanam. (May her soul be at God's right hand.)
    I had been holding it together until I read your post. Your words let down the flood gates.

My heart goes out to all of you beautiful people around the world who cared so much about this woman you had never met.

As another poster mentioned earlier, I am saddened and sickened by the callous taking of innocent lives.

Of course it's my own opinion, the opinion rental shop was fresh out of borrowed opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful One View Post
    BBM

Where did you hear that information? I'm not doubting you, just questioning as I'd like to read/watch as well.
    I am a reporter - colleagues (2) that are covering it spoke to me. I live in America now, used to work in radio and TV in Australia.

You can tune into www.3aw.com.au. they have already spoken to one reporter but there is another press conference this morning. They also spoke to a police officer. It will surely follow with the new shows as well.

There was actually excellent coverage on twitter last night too - you could read how upset they were. Tell me if you want links to those reporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Miffy77 View Post
    Adrian Bayley has appeared in a news story titled ****, 40, jailed for drunken king-hit. It is in the Geelong Advertiser. I am on my tablet and can't cut and paste the link. Geelongadvertisor.com.au/article/2012/02/28/309801_news_pf.html it talks briefly about priors including sexual violence.
    There is some question as to whether it is the same guy or not, given that LE has said this Adrian has no "criminal history."

Anyway you can double check to be sure it is the right person?

Salem

Sky News Australia ‏@SkyNewsAust
    via @AhronYoung: 41yo Adrian Ernest Bayley will face the Melbourne Magistrates Court at 9am for what will be an incredibly packed hearing

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust

That is 6pm central, 4pm Pacific and 7pm East Coast

If you go back to last night's posts on this twitter account you will see the shock in the reporters tweets
    Last edited by GutFeeling!; 09-27-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Added American times

Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast