GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
jill-meagher_1107590t.jpg

http://cdn.independent.ie/multimedia/archive/01107/jill-meagher_1107590t.jpg

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a hanam. (May her soul be at God's right hand.)

I have been following the tragic breaking news on WS in bed since 3am. Cannot sleep. Devastated for a life taken too soon, for the loss and grief her family and friends must endure. R.I.P. Jill. Thank you all on WS for allowing me to walk this walk with you. Just so incredibly sad there was not a happier ending...

I'd like to apologise to Jill's husband for jumping the gun in the early stages. You must have been going though a living hell & didn't need the likes of us sleuther blaming you.

Totally agree. Some are so quick to point the finger without any basis. All along LE said that he was not a suspect. He was fully cooperative as he would be wanting to find his wife. Interpreting facial expressions on interviews for anything other than what they were - pure grief - is very sad. It is one thing to sleuth. It is sometime completely different to victimise someone who is already going through their own private hell. How helpless he must have felt.

What a tragic outcome for him and the family but well done LE.

I am amazed at how upset so many of the reporters are by the story. What went down at the 10:30pm meeting with police last night must have been totally horrendous. I know one reporter that actually threw up.

Looking at some of my Facebook friends posts that covered this is just so sad. They believe they will have to sign confidentially agreements.

I have been a reporter for a 30 years, there have been a few cases that have made my stomach turn but this just seems so much worse. These guys are not green reporters, they are very experienced. They would probably say they have seen it all if you had asked them yesterday.

I am amazed at how upset so many of the reporters are by the story. What went down at the 10:30pm meeting with police last night must have been totally horrendous. I know one reporter that actually threw up.

Looking at some of my Facebook friends posts that covered this is just so sad. They believe they will have to sign confidentially agreements.

I have been a reporter for a 30 years, there have been a few cases that have made my stomach turn but this just seems so much worse. These guys are not green reporters, they are very experienced. They would probably say they have seen it all if you had asked them yesterday.

BBM

Where did you hear that information? I'm not doubting you, just questioning as I'd like to read/watch as well.

Kimster, what a beautiful, touching, appropriate song. The beauty of the Irish scenery is reflective of the beauty of Jillian - a beauty that will live forever in the hearts of all those who were touched by her beautiful spirit and precious nature.
God Bless Jillian's family, friends and the love of her life, her husband Tom...may they hold cherished memories of her spirit and know that she is reflected in the vibrant colours and beauty of life ..forever.

Adrian Bayley has appeared in a news story titled , 40, jailed for drunken king-hit. It is in the Geelong Advertiser. I am on my tablet and can't cut and paste the link. Geelongadvertisor.com.au/article/2012/02/28/309801_news_pf.html it talks briefly about priors including sexual violence.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a hanam. (May her soul be at God's right hand.)

I had been holding it together until I read your post. Your words let down the flood gates.

My heart goes out to all of you beautiful people around the world who cared so much about this woman you had never met.

As another poster mentioned earlier, I am saddened and sickened by the callous taking of innocent lives.

BBM

Where did you hear that information? I'm not doubting you, just questioning as I'd like to read/watch as well.

I am a reporter - colleagues (2) that are covering it spoke to me. I live in America now, used to work in radio and TV in Australia.

You can tune into www.3aw.com.au. they have already spoken to one reporter but there is another press conference this morning. They also spoke to a police officer. It will surely follow with the new shows as well.

There was actually excellent coverage on twitter last night too - you could read how upset they were. Tell me if you want links to those reporters.

Adrian Bayley has appeared in a news story titled , 40, jailed for drunken king-hit. It is in the Geelong Advertiser. I am on my tablet and can't cut and paste the link. Geelongadvertisor.com.au/article/2012/02/28/309801_news_pf.html it talks briefly about priors including sexual violence.

There is some question as to whether it is the same guy or not, given that LE has said this Adrian has no "criminal history."

Anyway you can double check to be sure it is the right person?

Salem

Sky News Australia ‏@SkyNewsAust
via @AhronYoung: 41yo Adrian Ernest Bayley will face the Melbourne Magistrates Court at 9am for what will be an incredibly packed hearing

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust

That is 6pm central, 4pm Pacific and 7pm East Coast

If you go back to last night's posts on this twitter account you will see the shock in the reporters tweets

http://www.skynews.com.au/topstories/article.aspx?id=799879

Police have also confirmed the body of alleged murder victim Jill Meagher has been found about 50 kilometres northwest of the Melbourne CBD.

Details on Ch9 News now at 6.30am - the hearing went for 90 seconds.

Police are not investigating anyone else except for Bayley - he took them to the body.

The Coroner went out to the area where the body was found north of Melbourne and an autopsy on the body will start today.

Sky News Australia ‏@SkyNewsAust
via @AhronYoung: 41yo Adrian Ernest Bayley will face the Melbourne Magistrates Court at 9am for what will be an incredibly packed hearing

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust

That is 6pm central, 4pm Pacific and 7pm East Coast

If you go back to last night's posts on this twitter account you will see the shock in the reporters tweets

thank you, Gut Feeling, for posting the US times for us time challenged Sleuthers, like me!

Noticed in the footage of him in the back of the police vehicle he has similar looking white shoes on, as in the CCTV footage

There is some question as to whether it is the same guy or not, given that LE has said this Adrian has no "criminal history."

Anyway you can double check to be sure it is the right person?

Salem

I am pretty sure they said no 'serious' criminal history...... I would call a king hit pretty serious, but then on the scale of criminals and what he has now done, a king hit might not be considered so serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82