Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canada - Mitchell Somerville, 17, Ajax, Ontario, 21 Sept 2012

Exclamation Canada - Mitchell Somerville, 17, Ajax, Ontario, 21 Sept 2012

Police looking for missing Ajax teen

http://www.durhamregion.com/news/art...sing-ajax-teen

AJAX -- Police are searching for an Ajax teenager missing since Friday.

Mitchell is white, six feet two inches tall, weighs 187 pounds and has brown hair, blue eyes and athletic build with no known scars or tattoos. He was wearing blue or black athletic shorts, a gold chain and a dark T-shirt.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Patience For This Useful Post:

Here is Mitchell Somerville's missing facebook page. His family is devastated, please join and share to spread the word and help find him.

http://www.facebook.com/FindMitchell...lle?ref=stream

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patience For This Useful Post:

Police searching for missing Ajax teen

http://www.cp24.com/news/police-sear...-teen-1.967961
    Mitchell Somerville, 17, was last spotted on Friday near Church Street and Highway 2 in Ajax. He was also seen in Whitby near Taunton Road and Anderson Street.
    Police say it’s possible he was also in the area of Oklahoma Drive and Breezy Drive in Pickering Friday.

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/police-sear...#ixzz27hg64eR1

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Patience For This Useful Post:

The FB page mentions that some of Mitchell's things were found in a particular area...and that has been the focus of the search. I couldn't figure out what items were found but the page mentioned that there had been divers so I'm assuming it was near some water.

Praying for Mitchell and his family!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

Here is a pic of Mitchell Somerville, hope it works.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Patience For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    The FB page mentions that some of Mitchell's things were found in a particular area...and that has been the focus of the search. I couldn't figure out what items were found but the page mentioned that there had been divers so I'm assuming it was near some water.

Praying for Mitchell and his family!
    Thanks Shefner, Lake Ontario is very close. Hope he is ok. A childhood friend of mine is close with his family and they are desperate to find him.

Anyone with information regarding his whereabouts is asked to contact the DRPS at 1-888-579-1520. The lead investigators are Det. Const. Fox who can be reached at ext. 2531 or Det. Const. Samuels.
    Anonymous information can be sent to Durham Regional Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or at www.durhamregionalcrimestoppers.ca and tipsters may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2,000.
    Last edited by Patience; 09-27-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: to add LE info

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patience For This Useful Post:

Search Continues For Missing Ajax Teen Mitchell Somerville - Studio 12 News - September 26, 2012

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn89PMWDIQg"]Search Continues For Missing Ajax Teen Mitchell Somerville - Studio 12 News - September 26, 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Patience For This Useful Post:

Hope he's found safe soon.

These monsters are on the loose and they're in Ontario.

Suspects in N.S. teen confinement case may be in Ontario: RCMP

Updated Thursday, September 27 at 4:55 p.m. AT

Nova Scotia RCMP Sgt. Alain Leblanc confirmed investigators believe 31-year-old Wayne Alan Cunningham and 47-year-old David James Leblanc may be in Ontario.

Alain also said the brown 2002 Chevrolet Venture van with N.S. licence plate EZG 581 was found in Nova Scotia, but he could not confirm where the vehicle was found.

"[The] suspects may be in Ontario, driving the Elantra," he said Thursday afternoon. "Our focus is now on the province of Ontario.

The grey 2003 Hyundai Elantra has N.S. licence plate FBP 233.

Read it on Global News: Suspects in N.S. teen confinement case may be in Ontario: RCMP

http://www.globalnews.ca/suspects+in...aign=community
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks for posting Nt, I hope those monsters did not find Mitchell.

Mitchell's backpack with some school supplies were found near Frenchman's bay in Pickering which is the neighbouring town of Ajax. He was in Whitby, another neighbouring town, at the Macdonalds trying to get a ride to a party.

Hope he is found soon.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patience For This Useful Post:

Thanks so much for posting this information here... I was a daily reader of this site during the Victoria Stafford missing case and then the trial... With Mitchell missing from so close to where we live, I came on here to see if there was any information on him...

I did hear from initial reports of him missing, that he has gone missing before, but never for this length of time... This is very concerning... Also, another report I read (I believe on the FB group) said that he tried to get on a bus in Whitby or Oshawa to return to the Pickering area, but the bus driver didn't let him on, there were some comments on FB that maybe he didn't have the whole $3 fare for the bus, so the driver may have turned him away... It could be possible that he then tried to hitch a ride... SO Scary.

I will update as I hear anything else on this case.

Thanks and prayers for Mitchell.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LoyalSleuth For This Useful Post:

Also, the biggest mystery right now that may assist in solving or helping locate him, is if he actuvally made it to the party in Pickering. there seem to be conflicting reports on if he was actually there or not.

Message to all teens in the towns of Ajax & Pickering is to confirm if Mitchell was at the party in the Oklahoma & Breezy area on Friday Sept 21.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LoyalSleuth For This Useful Post:

I've been putting together a timeline of reports on Mitchell's whereabouts since his disappearence and I am including where I got the information;
    friday Sept 21
    skips 4th period of school - FB page
    seen outside of his school, after school - FB page
    3:30pm get on Bus in Ajax at McLeans Comm Ctr - FB page
    8pm to 9:30pm (approx) is in Whitby with girls he met on FB - confirmed by parent of girls
    10pm - seen on McDonalds video in Whitby - FB page
    9:45pm - Bus driver in Whitby doesn't let him on bus - FB page
    ??:??pm - a female posted on FB page that she gave him a ride from Whitby SHore (south end of Whitby) to I believe Pickering... I can not locate post now, it may have been removed for varying reasons.
    Sat Sept 22
    12:00am - poster on FB advises he picked up Mitchell who was pretty messed up (drunk?) and looking for food, he says he spent 3-4hours with Mitchell. This poster also said he had met with detectives and took them to the location he dropped of Mitchell at.
    4:00am - poster on FB advises he dropped Mitchell off at his school near his home in Ajax, but that Mitchell didn't want to be dropped off at his house, only at the school

Also, sometime over the weekend, Mitchells belongings were found in a park in the Pickering area (near Lake Ontario) - but I have NOT seen any posts, news reports, etc that confirm Mitchell was actually in this area - as yet.

I wish I could do a map of this, it's quite the distances travelled in one night for a young man without a car of his own or money for buses.
    Last edited by LoyalSleuth; 09-27-2012 at 11:30 PM. Reason: didn't finish post.

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to LoyalSleuth For This Useful Post:

TEEN MISSING FROM AJAX IS A MEMBER OF THE
    ONTARIO BLUE JAYS 17u BASEBALL TEAM

http://ontariobluejays.com.ismmedia....Somerville.pdf

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patience For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    TEEN MISSING FROM AJAX IS A MEMBER OF THE
    ONTARIO BLUE JAYS 17u BASEBALL TEAM

http://ontariobluejays.com.ismmedia....Somerville.pdf
    I saw this as well, and you know it makes me think that Mitchell is a good child, involved at that level of sports, etc show that he has a lot to stay around for, tells me that wherever he may be now, it is not his choice.

I am hoping the family engages a medium to try to locate him.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoyalSleuth For This Useful Post:

Have to remember that just because he played sports, was part of a team etc doesn't mean he couldn't have been deteriorating mentally for some time.

Either way I hope he is found.
    Whilst being on Websleuths makes me more aware of what evil there is in the world, it also reminds me that the best people are among us as well.

Love you all!

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rachaellouise For This Useful Post:

Mitch Somerville's backpack was discovered on Saturday (22nd) in Bruce Hanscombe Park (west side of Frenchman's Bay -- Lake Ontario) in south Pickering ... which is 7+ kilometers from Pickering High School where he was supposedly dropped off at 4am Saturday morning per Facebook poster.

Toronto Sun article from this evening:
    http://www.torontosun.com/2012/09/28...sing-ajax-teen

Also Find Mitchell Somerville FB page post says that Mitch has never gone missing before...

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Unscripted For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unscripted View Post
    Mitch Somerville's backpack was discovered on Saturday (22nd) in Bruce Hanscombe Park (west side of Frenchman's Bay -- Lake Ontario) in south Pickering ... which is 7+ kilometers from Pickering High School where he was supposedly dropped off at 4am Saturday morning per Facebook poster.

Toronto Sun article from this evening:

Also Find Mitchell Somerville FB page post says that Mitch has never gone missing before...
    rbbm I wonder which statement is correct?

He has gone missing before, but not for such an extended period, say police.

http://www.durhamregion.com/news/art...sing-ajax-teen
    RIP Tim. Justice will prevail

RIP sweet Tori.

May 15/12, Michael Rafferty guilty; 25 years with no chance of parole. R.I.H. P.O.S.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to swedie For This Useful Post:

This article might help with putting together a timeline.

His school bag was found by the waterfront.

The 17-year-old was last seen Sept. 21 and his school bag was found the next day in Bruce Hanscombe Park, on the Pickering waterfront, leaving his parents and two siblings to fear the worst.
    Dad sees him walking home from school on Friday. Doesn't say what time.

The missing teen’s dad spotted his son walking home from Pickering High School with a friend as he drove home last Friday.

“That’s the last time I saw my son,” Joseph Somerville said.
    Friday night he goes to Whitby to meet two girls. One he met online.

Durham Regional Police have determined Mitch went to Whitby Friday night to meet two girls, one of whom he had met online.

He was seen on video alone at McDonald's at 10 pm and he texted his dad at about the same time telling dad he'd be home soon.

The boy was seen on surveillance video alone at a McDonald’s on Taunton Rd., west of Garden St., around 10 p.m.

Joseph said his son texted him around that same time.
    LE checked his phone records and it appears he texted his friends after his text to dad. He told one friend he missed the bus and told another he was going to a party.

He said investigators checked his son’s phone records and learned he texted friends afterwards.

Mitch told one friend he had missed his bus and needed a ride, Joseph said. And he told another he was heading to a party.

Divers searched water twice still no sign of Mitchell.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Find Mitchell Somerville FB page

https://www.facebook.com/#!/FindMitchellSomerville
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Mitch's FB page - over 2000 "friends".

https://www.facebook.com/#!/mitchell.somerville?fref=ts
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

His fb page says he is from Ohio and lives in Hamilton. The high school isn't even the same one he goes to.

Did they just recently move to Ajax/Pickering?
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    His fb page says he is from Ohio and lives in Hamilton. The high school isn't even the same one he goes to.

Did they just recently move to Ajax/Pickering?
    The FB page also claims he’s 19 (not 17). The Hamilton school referenced is a middle school so perhaps they moved and he went onto high school in Pickering?

The last confirmed sighting was over a week ago, he hasn’t been home, to school or baseball practice and was last seen wearing shorts and may — per a FB post by an acquaintance — have been “messed up” (emotionally distraught, drunk, high?) in the early morning hours of Saturday, September 22nd. And it was quite rainy and chilly last Friday/Saturday…

http://www.wunderground.com/history/....html#calendar

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Unscripted For This Useful Post:

[quote=~n/t~;8402618]His fb page says he is from Ohio and lives in Hamilton. The high school isn't even the same one he goes to.

Did they just recently move to Ajax/Pickering? [/quote

I saw this too n/t. I wonder what is going on with that?

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patience For This Useful Post:

[quote=Patience;8403292]
    Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post

Did they just recently move to Ajax/Pickering? [/quote

I saw this too n/t. I wonder what is going on with that?
    It seems to be the thing to do....my nieces and nephews all put down different ages, locations and names of schools....weird, but they all do it, just saying.

48. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to flipflop For This Useful Post:

Admin @ http://www.facebook.com/FindMitchellSomerville says Mitch has always lived in Ajax, Ontario, Canada. Apparently (per FMS FB) tracking dogs were brought in last Sunday (23rd) and there were civilian search meet-ups planned for today, September 29th.

Per MSM links up-thread Mitch’s backpack was found on the west side of Frenchman’s Bay (on 22nd, Saturday afternoon), which is almost completely landlocked (95%), and divers this week found no indication that Mitch was in the bay.

There are so many green spaces, ravines and creeks nearby, a near impossible search task without a beginning point of reference… IMO.

50. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unscripted For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast