LE statement on the case to be released

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursebeeme

Reaction score
I did not include the date because I am not sure if it is tomorrow or next Friday

Bradley said Thursday the couple doesn't intend to do network television shows next week to talk about the case.

"We are on the investigation side right now," Bradley said. She declined further comment, but said reporters are invited to attend a candlelight vigil outside the family's house on October 3 to mark the anniversary of Lisa's disappearance.

Captain Steve Young, spokesman for Kansas City police, declined to discuss the level of cooperation investigators are getting from Bradley and Irwin but said that will be part of a statement on the case released Friday.

John Picerno, a Kansas City lawyer for Bradley and Irwin, said Thursday they are now giving "100 percent and complete" cooperation to police. He said police "are doing what they can" to find Lisa.

"There is no question she was kidnapped," Picerno said. "If there was any foul play involving Deborah or Jeremy we would heard about it by now."

Picerno said tips about Irwin's sightings are called in often and forwarded to police. While the girl's looks would be a lot different a year later, he said she has distinctive blue eyes.

Young said police are still getting tips in the case.

"They come and go," he said.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ssouri-babybre88q1sk-20120927,0,4615079.story

**this thread is to discuss the LE statement so please try to keep on topic and do not attack one another**

snipped from : http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ssouri-babybre88q1sk-20120927,0,4615079.story

Captain Steve Young, spokesman for Kansas City police, declined to discuss the level of cooperation investigators are getting from Bradley and Irwin but said that will be part of a statement on the case released Friday.

BBM:

:moo: JMO, but I think that this is Captain Young's way of politely saying that they are NOT cooperating ... I will be very surprised IF -- IF Young says that DB and JI are cooperating ...

JMO, but I am not expecting much from this statement as LE has released virtually nothing in this case in the past year ...

:please: that Lisa is found !

:moo:

I don't expect him to say they are cooperating either, but I would very interested in people reactions, especially on here if he did say the level of cooperation has risen. TBH, I'd be surprised if reactions changed no matter what was said. I think opinions on these folks, more than any other case I can think of, is so deep rooted that there is very little, if nothing at all that will change opinions.

snipped from : http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ssouri-babybre88q1sk-20120927,0,4615079.story

BBM:

:moo: JMO, but I think that this is Captain Young's way of politely saying that they are NOT cooperating ... I will be very surprised IF -- IF Young says that DB and JI are cooperating ...

JMO, but I am not expecting much from this statement as LE has released virtually nothing in this case in the past year ...

:please: that Lisa is found !

BBM: I get that feeling too. If they are fully cooperating, why not just say that rather than defer people to the official statment on 10/3. :waitasec: If there is ongoing cooperation at this time I will be curious to see if LEs perception of cooperation matches up to the "100 percent and complete" cooperation claimed by Picerno.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...7_1_lisa-irwin-bradley-and-irwin-jeremy-irwin

If the good Capt declining to discuss is to be interpretted as him politely saying the Irwins are not cooperating then I wonder why bother to wait for Friday's statement to say so. He says that topic will be addressed then.

MOO, reporters asked that very question because of past enmity between Capt Young and the Irwins, and not because there is something new to discuss. Capt. Young declined to answer that because with the past relationship being as unfriendly as it was, he did not want to answer off the cuff and create further drama around that subject.

Therefore, it is my belief that he will stick very closely to the script on Friday and keep his personal views and thoughts out of the matter.

Link to the full statement:

http://media.kshb.com/pdf/LisaIrwinStatement.pdf

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

September 28, 2012

One year later, police still looking for answers in Lisa Irwin disappearance

As the one-year anniversary of the Lisa Irwin disappearance nears, Kansas City Missouri Police continue to actively investigate the case.

Police and their FBI partners have investigated 1,667 tips since 10-month-old Lisa went missing from her home in the 3600 block of North Lister in the early morning hours of Oct. 4, 2011. They are checking into about a dozen tips at present. Five hundred of the total tips have been infant sightings across the United States and internationally. Police thank the FBI agents and detectives at other law enforcement agencies – domestically and overseas – who investigated each of these sightings. None of them was determined to be Lisa Irwin.

A KCPD detective and FBI agent actively work the case nearly every day. They still are looking for quality tips. They have gone back over nearly 100 previously closed leads, re-interviewing those involved, to ensure they haven’t missed anything. They and Crime Lab analysts also have re-evaluated several pieces of forensic evidence. Dozens more detectives stand at the ready to investigate a break in the case.

Police have exhausted leads provided by Lisa Irwin’s family and their attorneys, and the leads were of no benefit to the investigation. While communication with the family has been ongoing, police have not had the opportunity to sit down one-on-one to speak with Lisa’s mother, Deborah Bradley. As the only adult in the home at the time of the baby’s disappearance, police continue to have questions to which only she can provide answers.

Detectives have reviewed the entire case file with subject matter experts from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in Alexandria, Va. The subject matter experts continue to offer their assistance in any matter needed.

Detectives remain hopeful for quality tips that will lead them to Lisa. However, several tips stemming from social media and online rumors have been reported, detracting from detectives’ ability to work legitimate case leads. Police ask anyone with substantial knowledge of what happened to Lisa Irwin to call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS (8477).

Because the Lisa Irwin disappearance remains an active, open investigation, Kansas City Police will not grant any further interviews.

Police have exhausted leads provided by Lisa Irwin’s family and their attorneys, and the leads were of no benefit to the investigation. While communication with the family has been ongoing, police have not had the opportunity to sit down one-on-one to speak with Lisa’s mother, Deborah Bradley. As the only adult in the home at the time of the baby’s disappearance, police continue to have questions to which only she can provide answers.

Basically, she STILL refuses to talk to LE!!! :jail:

I added the local media stories up in the Media area!

snipped from : http://www.kctv5.com/story/19667428/police-baby-lisa-irwins-mom-only-one-who-can-provide-answers

Young said police "are not putting any label" on Bradley when asked by KCTV5 whether she is a person of interest.

"We still have questions that need answered as the news release states," he said.

RBBM: There is no doubt IMO that she IS, even IF LE is NOT going to FORMALLY name her a "poi" or a "suspect" ...

BBM: As long as Deb has attorneyS calling the shots, she will NOT speak with LE ... I know, she does not have to talk to LE ...

BUT ... according to Deb, she is supposedly cooperating with LE ...:rolleyes:

I believe LE ... Deb is NOT and NEVER has been believable ...

All JMO and :moo: :moo: :moo:

No network interviews?! Really? You just know that this decision was made because of LE's statement.

So sick of these two "parents". Stop the lies; how can you live with yourselves!

No network interviews?! Really? You just know that this decision was made because of LE's statement.
BBM
For that statement to be true, Debbie would have to have a source inside of KCPD. She made this statement the day before KCPD released their public statement.
Bradley said Thursday the couple doesn't intend to do network television shows next week to talk about the case.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ssouri-babybre88q1sk-20120927,0,4615079.story

Family attorney John Picerno denied those claims. "I can't believe
that they would say we have been uncooperative," he said. Adding "Deborah last met with police in February 2012."

"They had carte blanche. It was video taped, just like we're video taping this. They fired away any and all questions they had to ask her for an extended period of time. I think it was at least 2 hours, maybe longer."

Picerno admits that last interview was not a one-on-one and Bradley will not meet with police without an attorney present.

"The only thing that is missing from that equation is the intimidation factor where they can make threats to a witness/suspect. They can make promises to them, some of which they'll keep and some of which they're under no legal obligation to keep to try and get whatever their endgame is in terms of the goal of what it is they want to accomplish."

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/region...g-one-year-later-kansas-city-police-statement

Bradley and the child's father, Jeremy Irwin, maintain their daughter was kidnapped from her crib and they had nothing to do with her disappearance.

"I just want her back," Irwin told reporters Friday afternoon.

~~

"The leads were of no benefit to the investigation," according to the statement from Capt. Steve Young. "While communication with the family has been ongoing, police have not had the opportunity to sit down one-on-one with Lisa's mother, Deborah Bradley. As the only adult in the home at the time of the baby's disappearance, police continue to have questions to which only she can provide answers."

Irwin had a succinct reply when asked about the police statement.

"I think it's bulls**t to be honest with you," Irwin said.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/19667428/police-baby-lisa-irwins-mom-only-one-who-can-provide-answers

From your link:

Family attorney John Picerno denied those claims. "I can't believe
that they would say we have been uncooperative," he said. Adding "Deborah last met with police in February 2012."
BBM. And that was with said attorney.

So it's been approximately 7 MONTHS since Lisa's mother met with LE, even WITH an attorney.

I'm not sure how DB and JI are co-existing under the same roof (if they have been and still are) unless they both know way more than they claim to know about what happened to Lisa. JMO.

I guess since today came and the business day is over, the news release will be next Friday. I'm hoping some handcuffs will be involved.

ETA: (thanx RANCH!) The news release came out today. You would think there would be no misunderstanding on a single page of posts...but no. :blush:

From your link:

BBM. And that was with said attorney.

So it's been approximately 7 MONTHS since Lisa's mother met with LE, even WITH an attorney.

I'm not sure how DB and JI are co-existing under the same roof (if they have been and still are) unless they both know way more than they claim to know about what happened to Lisa. JMO.

I guess since today came and the business day is over, the news release will be next Friday. I'm hoping some handcuffs will be involved.

BBM
The KCPD press release came out today. Here's a link to a PDF of it. No handcuffs yet.

http://media.kshb.com/pdf/LisaIrwinStatement.pdf

snipped from : http://www.kctv5.com/story/19667428/police-baby-lisa-irwins-mom-only-one-who-can-provide-answers

The leads were of no benefit to the investigation," according to the statement from Capt. Steve Young. "While communication with the family has been ongoing, police have not had the opportunity to sit down one-on-one with Lisa's mother, Deborah Bradley. As the only adult in the home at the time of the baby's disappearance, police continue to have questions to which only she can provide answers."

Irwin had a succinct reply when asked about the police statement. (warning: strong language)

"I think it's bull**it to be honest with you," Irwin said.

BBM:

:eek::eek::eek:

Whoa ... NOT good at all to publicly curse out LE -- especially when you are "on their radar" !

And this is a clear example of why Deb's attorneys do NOT want her talking to the media !

:please: that Lisa will be found !

The leads were of no benefit to the investigation," according to the statement from Capt. Steve Young. "While communication with the family has been ongoing, police have not had the opportunity to sit down one-on-one with Lisa's mother, Deborah Bradley. As the only adult in the home at the time of the baby's disappearance, police continue to have questions to which only she can provide answers."

Irwin had a succinct reply when asked about the police statement. (warning: strong language)

"I think it's bull**it to be honest with you," Irwin said.

BBM:

:eek::eek::eek:

Whoa ... NOT good at all to publicly curse out LE -- especially when you are "on their radar" !

And this is a clear example of why Deb's attorneys do NOT want her talking to the media !

:please: that Lisa will be found !

I'm pretty sure that their already on LE's radar so I don't think that Jeremy hurt things much by saying that. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23