3 October 2012; Missing for one year

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursebeeme

Reaction score
this thread is to discuss media articles and information that is released on 3 October 2012

**please alert a mod to open this on 3 October 2012**

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nation...versary-baby-lisa-case-still-splits-community

While police have never classified the case as a kidnapping, flyers plastered around the area often do. But when one volunteer group that wants to help find Baby Lisa switched their flyers from saying "kidnapped" to describing her as "missing" or "endangered", they were met with some resistance.
Picerno said the next flyer the Irwin family plans to put up around the area will contain a sketch of what Lisa would like at almost 2 years old.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nation...isa-case-still-splits-community#ixzz28EoOQvCZ

Two page article

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisas-parent-buy-clothes-gifts-year/story?id=17375065
They've got Lisa's room intact," Irwin family attorney John Picerno told ABCNews.com, referring to Lisa's parents Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin. "They still try to honor her. They still believe that she is alive. They buy clothes that will fit her when she comes home. They try to buy gifts for her to celebrate the various holidays as the holidays pass."

Picerno said he and his clients were taken aback by the police's statement.

"We were very, very surprised that KCPD, first of all, issued a press release in and of itself," he said. "Second, we were surprised with the tone of the press release, particularly since we believe that what's in the press release relative to Jeremy and Deborah is simply untrue."

"You can look in the media. I think it's pretty obvious where they're at," Picerno said. "They've said she's not a suspect so I'm not going to quibble over the words. But I think if you look back over what's been in the media and what they've said over the last year, what they think, I think, is pretty obvious. It's obvious to me."

geez... why are they surprised the police released a one year update on the case? Am I missing something?

I also thought the police statement was succinct and it is good to hear, as a member of the public, that they continue to actively work on this case.

:moo:

geez... why are they surprised the police released a one year update on the case? Am I missing something?

I also thought the police statement was succinct and it is good to hear, as a member of the public, that they continue to actively work on this case.

:moo:

I don't mind that they put the statement out, it's good that they are still working on the case (although I don't think they needed a statement to tell us that, it was never assumed that the case was closed and they made no statement as such).

That being said, do you think a statement was made on the anniversary simply because this case had national media attention? I guess where I'm going with that is I'm sure there are other missing persons cases that the KCPD are investigating but I don't think they are putting out pressers on the anniversaries of those folks going missing or anything like that. They may reply to inquiries from media on those other cases but not explicitly put out a press release.

All the quotes are from Picerno. Is JT only in when it's national TV?

Re: the press release... OMG, our missing baby gets too much attention...
:waitasec:

I don't mind that they put the statement out, it's good that they are still working on the case (although I don't think they needed a statement to tell us that, it was never assumed that the case was closed and they made no statement as such).

That being said, do you think a statement was made on the anniversary simply because this case had national media attention? I guess where I'm going with that is I'm sure there are other missing persons cases that the KCPD are investigating but I don't think they are putting out pressers on the anniversaries of those folks going missing or anything like that. They may reply to inquiries from media on those other cases but not explicitly put out a press release.

it is a high profile case.

I have seen it before on other high profile cases.

Yes, they may well have had a media request for a one year statement.

Not to mention: it is not a bad thing to get a case update. As for the lawyer not liking it or agreeing with it... well, I suppose he had to say something, didn't he (it is not like this guy to just let it go as a statement... and what he said actually drew more attention to it in my opinion)

:twocents:

Yes, I am positive that many media outlets are contacting the KCPD about the anniversary and that's why they issued a statement.

I'm confused. The ABCNews article posted above says its from Nightline 10/2. The article starts out like ABC went to the Irwin house. But it says that the lawyers and parents talked to ABCNews.com, not Nightline. Also, wouldn't there be some advertising before the Nightline episode? I would also think there would be a video by now if it aired yesterday. Or maybe the article is from 10/2 but it will be on Nightline tonight or tomorrow?

it is a high profile case.

I have seen it before on other high profile cases.

Yes, they may well have had a media request for a one year statement.

Not to mention: it is not a bad thing to get a case update. As for the lawyer not liking it or agreeing with it... well, I suppose he had to say something, didn't he (it is not like this guy to just let it go as a statement... and what he said actually drew more attention to it in my opinion)

:twocents:

I agree that whenever a lawyer speaks for them, no matter who it is, it makes the parents look bad. And it's not because I think that innocent parents have no need of a lawyer. It's because (and maybe it's just the lawyers they've been hiring) when they make these statements, it's makes the parents look disassociated with the case. It makes them look detached, no one is getting the personalization and the emotion of a parent missing their child that you see with a lot of other missing person cases. Talking through a 'mouthpiece' (which TBH I think the lawyers are saying their own thing and not talking for the parents), one who has no emotional connection, especially not one that a parent would have, takes a lot out of it.

:seeya: Good Morning,

I can't believe it has been ONE YEAR since Lisa has been missing !

:please: that Lisa will be found soon !

:please: for Justice for Lisa !

:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose: :rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

snippets from : http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nation...isa-case-still-splits-community#ixzz28FSj4aun

One member of the group, which consists of a couple dozen volunteers, said their new flyers are always ripped down. She also said members have been harassed at their own vigils for Baby Lisa and through Facebook.

This woman did not want 41 Action News to identify her because she fears retaliation. She and her group are planning their own vigil near the Irwin home Wednesday night.

BBM: This is sad ... very :(

Now who in the world would rip down flyers of a "missing" baby :maddening: and why :maddening:

:please: for Lisa on this day !

:please:

When is that new filer coming out???
You are not forgotten Lisa-we will always be here for you...

snippets from : http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nation...isa-case-still-splits-community#ixzz28FSj4aun

One member of the group, which consists of a couple dozen volunteers, said their new flyers are always ripped down. She also said members have been harassed at their own vigils for Baby Lisa and through Facebook.

This woman did not want 41 Action News to identify her because she fears retaliation. She and her group are planning their own vigil near the Irwin home Wednesday night.

Now who in the world would rip down flyers of a "missing" baby :maddening: and why :maddening:

This is the paragraph right before:

While police have never classified the case as a kidnapping, flyers plastered around the area often do. But when one volunteer group that wants to help find Baby Lisa switched their flyers from saying "kidnapped" to describing her as "missing" or "endangered", they were met with some resistance.

This is horrible and I know (from an insider) that it is true. I have a good idea who is responsible for this!

A year after baby Lisa Irwin was allegedly taken from her crib and disappeared without a trace, her family continues to search for her. INSIDE EDITION spoke with the baby's family and lawyers.

That's for tonight's show. And I also think Nancy Grace is going to have something about the case tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth