1096 users online (190 members and 906 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Must Have Books?

Can anyone tell me the names of some of the best books about the case? I want to learn more about the case and sometimes it is hard to weed through the posts. Also, any good websites?

Thanks!

When my sister asked me, about a year ago, how I could stay so hooked on this case I decided to let her read the books.
    I gave her "PMPT", after reading it she thought maybe the parents were guilty, then I gave her Steve's, she finished "certain the parents " were guilty. About a month later I gave her "Death of Innocence", and she believed the guilty parents were self serving. HA!
    She has yet to read Singular, Wecht or" Cases that Haunt us", and I probably won't lend them to her. I thought I was Mary Hartman! No the truth is, we as Americans can all be "suckered" into believing and buying into anything, you guys can look under my Christmas tree as proof! (however no one bought me the neat little fork/spatula that turns the bacon)

Quote Originally Posted by sissi
    When my sister asked me, about a year ago, how I could stay so hooked on this case I decided to let her read the books.
    I gave her "PMPT", after reading it she thought maybe the parents were guilty, then I gave her Steve's, she finished "certain the parents " were guilty. About a month later I gave her "Death of Innocence", and she believed the guilty parents were self serving. HA!
    She has yet to read Singular, Wecht or" Cases that Haunt us", and I probably won't lend them to her. I thought I was Mary Hartman! No the truth is, we as Americans can all be "suckered" into believing and buying into anything, you guys can look under my Christmas tree as proof! (however no one bought me the neat little fork/spatula that turns the bacon)
    I just ordered Steve's book and PMPT on Amazon. I am excited for them to arrive.
    I can't believe you didn't get the fork/spatula. Now your sausages are going to roll all over your skillet and you are never going to be able to catch them!

Quote Originally Posted by princessmer81
    I just ordered Steve's book and PMPT on Amazon. I am excited for them to arrive.
    I can't believe you didn't get the fork/spatula. Now your sausages are going to roll all over your skillet and you are never going to be able to catch them!
    Princess, I would say read PMPT first and then ST's book after that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah
    Princess, I would say read PMPT first and then ST's book after that one.
    I *really* didn't follow PMPT first time I read it. I realy struggled to understand who was who in the American Justice system :-)
    This is only my opinion

Let the focus be on Madeleine

Together we can make a difference

Alert Viewer in Scotland

Member of Websleuths since April 2000

Although I don't agree with Singular in every respect, I did think his book gave us an honest peek at Boulder , and the politics of protecting their own.
    IMO it's a must read, it's an honest attempt, more than I can say for Thomas and less dramatic puff than Schiller.

Red face

Although I'm sure it wasn't their intention, "Death of Innocence" was the book that completely convinced me of their guilt. I remember reading somewhere that guilty people cannot stop confessing, and if you "read between the lines"so to speak, you will hear their confessions over and over again. Sooo, I read the book differently the next several times, and things "stick out".For example, why bring up the little tiffs between JonBenet and mom that occured that day,i.e. the disappointment of the doll and the disagreement over the clothing. Also I had noticed that if they had chosen their own little stories to share, it bothered me that Patsy mentioned singing "crazy" and that she and JB's favorite song was from "Gypsy" a disturbing memoir about a stage mom who exploits her daughter...and more of course. That was just a few.

www.acandyrose.com tells you everything and anything you need to know about this case. ACR has done an excellent job on her site.

Must have books: ST's book, Perfect Murder, Perfect Town, The police files book put out by the National Enquirer, Cyril Wecht's book (I can't think of the last two book names, just the author's, sorry), and Death of Innocence (also known as DOLie), by John and Patsy Ramsey.
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums. If I wanted to posted on other forums, I would do it myself. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by jayla
    Although I'm sure it wasn't their intention, "Death of Innocence" was the book that completely convinced me of their guilt. I remember reading somewhere that guilty people cannot stop confessing, and if you "read between the lines"so to speak, you will hear their confessions over and over again. Sooo, I read the book differently the next several times, and things "stick out".For example, why bring up the little tiffs between JonBenet and mom that occured that day,i.e. the disappointment of the doll and the disagreement over the clothing. Also I had noticed that if they had chosen their own little stories to share, it bothered me that Patsy mentioned singing "crazy" and that she and JB's favorite song was from "Gypsy" a disturbing memoir about a stage mom who exploits her daughter...and more of course. That was just a few.
    DOI is Patsy's confession.

There's a New Book

At least new to me, on a library list, title A Little Girl's Dream. I forget the author's name. Think it's a woman.

I have three books to finish before I try to get that one.

Quote Originally Posted by jayla
    As the years have past and we know more of the *evidence*, I see DOI as an attempt by the Ramseys (and I'm sure their attorneys) to *answer* the evidence. For instance, Patsy describes the 911 call, and how she placed the phone back in its cradle. Now why would someone even write that in a book; what's the significance of even saying that? I believe it's because they knew the *evidence* of the extra voices on the tape and they were countering that by writing that she did, in fact, by golly, put that phone back in its cradle. There are many *evidence* rebuttals in DOI and that raises an eyebrow for me, even though I am a fence-sitter.

[QUOTE=jayla]Although I'm sure it wasn't their intention, "Death of Innocence" was the book that completely convinced me of their guilt. I remember reading somewhere that guilty people cannot stop confessing, and if you "read between the lines"so to speak, you will hear their confessions over and over again. Sooo, I read the book differently the next several times, and things "stick out".For example, why bring up the little tiffs between JonBenet and mom that occured that day,i.e. the disappointment of the doll and the disagreement over the clothing. Also I had noticed that if they had chosen their own little stories to share, it bothered me that Patsy mentioned singing "crazy" and that she and JB's favorite song was from "Gypsy" a disturbing memoir about a stage mom who exploits her daughter...and more of course. That was just a few.[/QUOTE

Now I want DOI too! I read a little preview of it on Amazon.com. Have you ever heard that people who are lying tend to give too many details in an attempt cover up the lie? Well just from the little part I read about Christmas morning it seemed like they were giving too many details. John talked about how JonBenet wanted him to get out the camera but he didn't want to waste time behind a camera since his oder daughters death - an attempt to explain the missing Christmas video IMO ...
    Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

DOI An Alibi Book

Well, okay, the R's had to be in some way involved in this, at least in the coverup and not paying attention when JonBenet complained about someone molesting her, but how can we prove it, instead of just being haters which does nobody any good and doesn't relieve our frustration?

It almost looks like they may have bought up most copies of the book, and that's a silly statement meaning we're almost letting this drive us nuts?

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1
    Well, okay, the R's had to be in some way involved in this, at least in the coverup and not paying attention when JonBenet complained about someone molesting her
    Given the interpretation that JB was previously molested, is there a source that states that the Ramseys knew about it...and then ignored it? Sorry to question, Eagle, but I'd like to read more about that situation. Thanks.

Not a book

But here's a website I hadn't seen before:-

http://www.angelfire.com/ar3/jonbenet/index2.html

It's pretty up-to-date and has a nice timeline on it. The animated gifs are a little bit OTT though - slow the pages down a bit.
    This is only my opinion

Let the focus be on Madeleine

Together we can make a difference

Alert Viewer in Scotland

Member of Websleuths since April 2000

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast