Must Have Books?

princessmer81

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the names of some of the best books about the case? I want to learn more about the case and sometimes it is hard to weed through the posts. Also, any good websites?

Thanks!

When my sister asked me, about a year ago, how I could stay so hooked on this case I decided to let her read the books.
I gave her "PMPT", after reading it she thought maybe the parents were guilty, then I gave her Steve's, she finished "certain the parents " were guilty. About a month later I gave her "Death of Innocence", and she believed the guilty parents were self serving. HA!
She has yet to read Singular, Wecht or" Cases that Haunt us", and I probably won't lend them to her. I thought I was Mary Hartman! No the truth is, we as Americans can all be "suckered" into believing and buying into anything, you guys can look under my Christmas tree as proof! (however no one bought me the neat little fork/spatula that turns the bacon)

sissi said:
When my sister asked me, about a year ago, how I could stay so hooked on this case I decided to let her read the books.
I gave her "PMPT", after reading it she thought maybe the parents were guilty, then I gave her Steve's, she finished "certain the parents " were guilty. About a month later I gave her "Death of Innocence", and she believed the guilty parents were self serving. HA!
She has yet to read Singular, Wecht or" Cases that Haunt us", and I probably won't lend them to her. I thought I was Mary Hartman! No the truth is, we as Americans can all be "suckered" into believing and buying into anything, you guys can look under my Christmas tree as proof! (however no one bought me the neat little fork/spatula that turns the bacon)
I just ordered Steve's book and PMPT on Amazon. I am excited for them to arrive.
I can't believe you didn't get the fork/spatula. Now your sausages are going to roll all over your skillet and you are never going to be able to catch them!

princessmer81 said:
I just ordered Steve's book and PMPT on Amazon. I am excited for them to arrive.
I can't believe you didn't get the fork/spatula. Now your sausages are going to roll all over your skillet and you are never going to be able to catch them!

Princess, I would say read PMPT first and then ST's book after that one.

Nehemiah said:
Princess, I would say read PMPT first and then ST's book after that one.
I *really* didn't follow PMPT first time I read it. I realy struggled to understand who was who in the American Justice system :)

Although I don't agree with Singular in every respect, I did think his book gave us an honest peek at Boulder , and the politics of protecting their own.
IMO it's a must read, it's an honest attempt, more than I can say for Thomas and less dramatic puff than Schiller.

Although I'm sure it wasn't their intention, "Death of Innocence" was the book that completely convinced me of their guilt. I remember reading somewhere that guilty people cannot stop confessing, and if you "read between the lines"so to speak, you will hear their confessions over and over again. Sooo, I read the book differently the next several times, and things "stick out".For example, why bring up the little tiffs between JonBenet and mom that occured that day,i.e. the disappointment of the doll and the disagreement over the clothing. Also I had noticed that if they had chosen their own little stories to share, it bothered me that Patsy mentioned singing "crazy" and that she and JB's favorite song was from "Gypsy" a disturbing memoir about a stage mom who exploits her daughter...and more of course. That was just a few.

www.acandyrose.com tells you everything and anything you need to know about this case. ACR has done an excellent job on her site.

Must have books: ST's book, Perfect Murder, Perfect Town, The police files book put out by the National Enquirer, Cyril Wecht's book (I can't think of the last two book names, just the author's, sorry), and Death of Innocence (also known as DOLie), by John and Patsy Ramsey.

jayla said:
Although I'm sure it wasn't their intention, "Death of Innocence" was the book that completely convinced me of their guilt. I remember reading somewhere that guilty people cannot stop confessing, and if you "read between the lines"so to speak, you will hear their confessions over and over again. Sooo, I read the book differently the next several times, and things "stick out".For example, why bring up the little tiffs between JonBenet and mom that occured that day,i.e. the disappointment of the doll and the disagreement over the clothing. Also I had noticed that if they had chosen their own little stories to share, it bothered me that Patsy mentioned singing "crazy" and that she and JB's favorite song was from "Gypsy" a disturbing memoir about a stage mom who exploits her daughter...and more of course. That was just a few.

DOI is Patsy's confession.

At least new to me, on a library list, title A Little Girl's Dream. I forget the author's name. Think it's a woman.

I have three books to finish before I try to get that one.

jayla said:

As the years have past and we know more of the *evidence*, I see DOI as an attempt by the Ramseys (and I'm sure their attorneys) to *answer* the evidence. For instance, Patsy describes the 911 call, and how she placed the phone back in its cradle. Now why would someone even write that in a book; what's the significance of even saying that? I believe it's because they knew the *evidence* of the extra voices on the tape and they were countering that by writing that she did, in fact, by golly, put that phone back in its cradle. There are many *evidence* rebuttals in DOI and that raises an eyebrow for me, even though I am a fence-sitter.

jayla said:
Although I'm sure it wasn't their intention, "Death of Innocence" was the book that completely convinced me of their guilt. I remember reading somewhere that guilty people cannot stop confessing, and if you "read between the lines"so to speak, you will hear their confessions over and over again. Sooo, I read the book differently the next several times, and things "stick out".For example, why bring up the little tiffs between JonBenet and mom that occured that day,i.e. the disappointment of the doll and the disagreement over the clothing. Also I had noticed that if they had chosen their own little stories to share, it bothered me that Patsy mentioned singing "crazy" and that she and JB's favorite song was from "Gypsy" a disturbing memoir about a stage mom who exploits her daughter...and more of course. That was just a few.[/QUOTE

Now I want DOI too! I read a little preview of it on Amazon.com. Have you ever heard that people who are lying tend to give too many details in an attempt cover up the lie? Well just from the little part I read about Christmas morning it seemed like they were giving too many details. John talked about how JonBenet wanted him to get out the camera but he didn't want to waste time behind a camera since his oder daughters death - an attempt to explain the missing Christmas video IMO ...
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

Well, okay, the R's had to be in some way involved in this, at least in the coverup and not paying attention when JonBenet complained about someone molesting her, but how can we prove it, instead of just being haters which does nobody any good and doesn't relieve our frustration?

It almost looks like they may have bought up most copies of the book, and that's a silly statement meaning we're almost letting this drive us nuts?

Eagle1 said:
Well, okay, the R's had to be in some way involved in this, at least in the coverup and not paying attention when JonBenet complained about someone molesting her

Given the interpretation that JB was previously molested, is there a source that states that the Ramseys knew about it...and then ignored it? Sorry to question, Eagle, but I'd like to read more about that situation. Thanks.

Thanks for the link. This peroson is obviously pro-Ramsey but they support their opinion with very weak "facts," which are not actually facts at all.
You are right, the graphics ar way over the top. I think it is sick that they have the details of JonBenets injuries written in a fancy script set against a snow flake background with Christmas tree ornimants intermixed with the gruesome details.

The Ramseys secured a publisher, one which is likely the biggest among the Christian book publishers, the information they gave had to be dotted over and over with Christian comments to qualify for press.IMO
I do not believe they "wrote" the book, however I do believe they told their story, and it was the discretion of the writers, editors and the publisher which chunks of material made it to print.
Of course this particular publisher "ate up" any Polly God's with Jonbenet stuff, any poems from friends with Christian themes, and any and all comments Patsy would make leaning toward the same.
If anyone wanted to over represent their innocence through words it would be this same publisher who wanted to be secure in the belief ,and make others the same ,that the Ramseys were victims in this crime. If they didn't believe in this , solidly , they would never have put it on the market.
I don't see why, IMO, anyone can think it was a Ramsey confession given the background of the book.

I have no idea if JB was previously molested, but I doubt very much that she complained to the Ramseys about it I don’t believe Steve Thomas ever alleged that, nor do I recall reading about it in PMPT. Furthermore, there is not a shred of evidence to indicate that Fleet White changed JB while she was at his house on Christmas night. I read somewhere that Fleet may have changed her at one time, but it certainly was not on Christmas.

I agree, Islander.

Sissi, not only was DOI published by a Christian publishing company, there was a third writer along with the Ramseys...a pastor, I think. That disappointed me, because when I first read the book, I thought the Ramseys were devout Christians (and maybe they are....I don't know them) because of the writings; however, when I found out that a pastor/author had also written the book, I decided that the Chrisitian overtones were for the most part, his. That may be a wrong assumption on my part, but I was disappointed.

Nehemiah said:
Given the interpretation that JB was previously molested, is there a source that states that the Ramseys knew about it...and then ignored it?

No, I don't think there's any source that says exactly that. I'm just going by the coroners' saying she was healing from an earlier internal injury which looked like it occurred such and such a time before the final one. I just remember thinking, hm, two days, so that must have been the party on the 23rd, where McSanta's wife said JonBenet was crying and said when questioned that she didn't feel pretty. Then there was the phone incident, where FW claimed to have been trying to make a call about his hospitalized mother's medicine, when Susan Stine turned away police at the door, something like all that. Later I know I read, in a post here, they found out FW's mother had not been in any hospital that night. I'm just guessing, a hunch, that JonBenet tried to call 911, knowing none of the adults cared.

Most of the things I'm remembering probably were reinforced for me by discussion in the various forums.

If someone at that party did molest her as I believe from the coroners' reports that they did, the one who came to the house wasn't necessarily the same person. JonBenet was the talk of the town, you know. A CU art student had painted some kind of picture of her that was offensive to her survivors. I don't remember how they described it. Somebody had slept in her bed at Charlevoix.

I just can't get over the feeling a lot of people were involved, and the claim that they delivered a couple of Christmas gifts and went home to bed just isn't true. Just a hunch. Not saying it's in any book.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back