755 users online (122 members and 633 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

FL - Lakeland girl, 14, charged with killing newborn son, 19 Sept 2012

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/new...er-newborn-boy

LAKELAND, Fla. - Polk County detectives reported a horrifying crime on Friday. They say a 14-year-old Lakeland girl is facing murder charges after she admitted to killing her newborn son and placing the body in a shoebox. ..........

The gruesome discovery was made by the girl's mother who smelled an odor while in the girl's bedroom gathering dirty laundry.

Homicide detectives went to the home and questioned the girl. She told them that she became ill the morning of September 19 and went into labor in the bathroom. ...............

As the pain of labor increased, she took a pair of scissors to "pry the baby out." The infant, a 9.5 pound, 20.4 inch boy, delivered alive and into the toilet. The 14-year-old girl lifted the moving infant from the toilet, felt for a pulse, found one, then placed her hands around the infant's neck and squeezed until he wasn't moving or breathing any longer. She took the infant's pulse again and found none." ............

According to the statement, the girl knew she was pregnant and had attempted to hid her appearance over the past months by wearing baggy clothing. ..................

More at link......

NO WORDS AND YES I AM YELLING BUT NOT AT YOU.....

I wonder why her mother may be facing charges also? My guess is, it has something to do with who the father is, and the circumstances under which this girl got pregnant.

What a sad story.

A little bit more info:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/New...9/-/index.html

No, her mother isn't facing any charges right now.
    Just my opinion

how horrible, that is my hometown!
    That was a healthy size boy too...

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    No, her mother isn't facing any charges right now.
    She may be facing charges, is what the video says.

And a little more information:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/2...g-newborn.html

Today, I have no sympathy or empathy for those that hurt their children.

I hope the monster is charged as an adult and doesn't get out of prison till well past child bearing years.

She's now been publicly named in Mainstream Media.

That doesn't seem right.

Why not?

If she's adult enough to have sex, get pregnant and commit murder why can't her name be released publicly?

Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post
    Why not?

If she's adult enough to have sex, get pregnant and commit murder why can't her name be released publicly?
    It's always been public policy to keep the names and identities of juveniles who are charged as juveniles (as she is) private.

She may later be charged as an adult, in which case the media will usually release the identity. Juvenile records are private.

Or anyway, that's the theory.

Gotcha

These types of crime are so senseless. A lot of people are more than happy to adopt a baby.
    Even if these young women don't know about safe heaven laws, common sense should tell them they could drop a baby in a public place somewhere where the baby can be found.
    Just my opinion

We don't know if she had sex of her own accord. She is 14. What is the age of consent in Fla ? It could be rape, incest, etc.

Jovi, the age of consent in Florida is 18. I used to teach basic childbirth to pregnant teens, and can tell you, the younger the teen mom, the older the responsible dad is. So while a 17 year old girl is most likely to get pregnant with a boy near her age, a girl as young as 14 is much more likely to be impregnated by an adult.

Murder 1 is mandatory LWOP in Florida, even for juveniles. IIRC, there's a 12 y/o who murdered his little brother on another thread here, but I forget his name.

Only for juveniles tried as adults. Juveniles tried as juveniles can only be kept in the system until they turn 21.
    Just my opinion

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast