Max's back injuries

What happened to Max's back? Your thoughts.

• Planking in stairway

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Grabbed chandelier to swing

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Slide down the banister

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Ride scooter in stairway/landing area

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other kids involved

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Something else

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 10 13.0%

• Total voters

arielilane

Justice for Liz Barraza
Reaction score
Website
www.whokilledlizbarraza.com
Have you seen Max's back? It looked horrible. Was Max planking, attempting to swing on the chandelier, slide down the banister? Thank you for your vote.

I didn't see his back :( not sure I want to. My little guys are Max's age :(

I didn't see his back :( not sure I want to. My little guys are Max's age :(

I didn't either so I can't vote yet.
Can someone provide just a link to the photo?

(since some may not want to see it???)

I didn't vote because I think there a a number of ways an accident could have occurred. I do not think at this point that any other kids were involved. I have stronger feelings that the ruler, ball, dog, and/or scooter were possibly involved. Too many scenarios/variable to know, at least for me to make any claim.

We don't know if there was some weakness in the link that held up the chandelier so it's difficult to know what kind of force/weight would make it fall.

I think the marks on Max's back were made from the scooter most probably because of the 7 shape - The angle appears to be about right. I just can't match that particular shape to the banister/stairs/railing as claimed by Melinek. Although per it being made by the scooter, I sure wish we had some expert trying to match the scooter with the marks.

The photo is in the "Dina Experts" thread, I believe

IMO it was a combination of different objects, and a multiplicity of actions that happened. Max rode his scooter on railing and either tripped or slipped or the dog Ocean jumped and pushed him over. Max fell, grabbed hold of chandelier, swung about, hitting his back on the bannister. His weight or the swinging was too much for chandelier and chandelier fell. Scooter fell first. Max fell on top of scooter, making the '7' or 'T' shape. Rebecca turned him over to attempt resuscitation. She pushed scooter away, and scooter was then found on Max's leg.

I reserve the right to change this scenario should new evidence be given :)

I do think that Max was riding the scooter in the upstairs hallway and managed to collide with banister just where it dips going down the first stair.
I had proposed this early on.

I did not know about the paint transfer from the railing base in the stairwell to the scooter until the recent Dr. Phil show, which adds support to the scooter being involved in the accident.

If Max was riding the scooter in the same direction as the proposed scenario given by LE and abruptly hit the dip in the banister, the bar connected to the scooter and the handle bar would act as pivot and launch both him and the scooter over the railing, into the chandelier and as Time said, if he landed on the scooter it could account for marks on his back.

I do think that Max was riding the scooter in the upstairs hallway and managed to collide with banister just where it dips going down the first stair.

I did not know about the paint transfer from the railing base in the stairwell to the scooter until the recent Dr. Phil show, which adds support to the scooter being involved in the accident.

If Max was riding the scooter in the same direction as the proposed scenario given by LE and abruptly hit the dip in the banister, the bar connected to the scooter and the handle bar would act as pivot and launch both him and the scooter over the railing, into the chandelier and as Time said, if he landed on the scooter it could account for marks on his back.

What an absolutely brilliant theory. You have excellent thinking.

Your theory is the first that I have read that fits like a hand in a glove. All the pieces make sense. If he was riding and hit the dip in the rail, then that would have jettisoned him over and into the chandelier. Falling on the scooter makes total sense. There was a story somewhere and I wish I could remember where that alleged Max was found on his stomach when first the responders arrived.

Rebecca could not remember whether she turned Max over or not but if he landed on his back and on top of the scooter then maybe she did. Maybe in her hysteria she tried to start CPR and rescue breathing and realized he was on top of the scooter and turned him over to get him off of it.

The other version of how Max was found stated that he was on his back when found with the scooter laying across his shin. If Rebecca was tryng to re-position Max off off the scooter that could account for how it ended up on his shin.

Your theory gives me hope that the pieces of this puzzle may actually come together into to some logical order soon. This was a truly horrible accident.

I now know how I'm going to vote on the poll. Thank you for posting!

Your theory is the first that I have read that fits like a hand in glove. All the pieces make sense. If he was riding and hit the dip in the rail, then that would have jettisoned him over and into the chandelier. Falling on the scooter makes total sense. There was a story somewhere and I wish I could remember where
that alleged Max was found on his stomach when first the responders arrived.

Rebecca could remember whether she turned Max over or not but if he landed on his back and on top of the scooter then maybe she did. Maybe in her hysteria she tried to start CPR and rescue breathing and realized he was on the scooter and turned him over to get him off of it.

The other version of how Max was found stated that he was on his back when found with the scooter laying across his shin. If Rebecca was tryng to re-position Max off off the scooter that could account for how it ended up on his shin.

Your theory gives me hope that the pieces of this puzzle may actually come together into to some logical order soon. Thank you for posting!

I apologize for the duplicate post. I think I finally figured out what I am doing wrong. I think it happens when I back out using the arrow at the top left screen. How does everyone else get to the next page? Do you have to use the arrows on the bottom of the page that push you to the next thread?

While I am here and asking questions, can anyone tell me what the letters "msm" abbreviate? Tia.

I apologize for the duplicate post. I think I finally figured out what I am doing wrong. I think it happens when I back out using the arrow at the top left screen. How does everyone else get to the next page? Do you have to use the arrows on the bottom of the page that push you to the next thread?

While I am here and asking questions, can anyone tell me what the letters "msm" abbreviate? Tia.

MSM = Main Stream Media

You can go to the top of the page just under the Websleuths banner and click on the cascading links of the forum. The 2nd to last link takes you back to the list of threads for that forum. If you still want to read within the tread, just select the page number, or next page.

Your theory is the first that I have read that fits like a hand in a glove. All the pieces make sense. If he was riding and hit the dip in the rail, then that would have jettisoned him over and into the chandelier. Falling on the scooter makes total sense. There was a story somewhere and I wish I could remember where that alleged Max was found on his stomach when first the responders arrived.

Rebecca could not remember whether she turned Max over or not but if he landed on his back and on top of the scooter then maybe she did. Maybe in her hysteria she tried to start CPR and rescue breathing and realized he was on top of the scooter and turned him over to get him off of it.

Your theory gives me hope that the pieces of this puzzle may actually come together into to some logical order soon. This was a truly horrible accident.

I now know how I'm going to vote on the poll. Thank you for posting!

It seems that everything besides resuscitating Max and getting him prompt medical attention would have faded into the background the moment she found him. She probably experienced tunnel vision and was hyper focused on reviving him and getting her sister to contact 911. Whatever she needed to do in order to accomplish this: move items, position him correctly for CPR, she did without even thinking about it, I agree.

It seems that everything besides resuscitating Max and getting him prompt medical attention would have faded into the background the moment she found him. She probably experienced tunnel vision and was hyper focused on reviving him and getting her sister to contact 911. Whatever she needed to do in order to accomplish this: move items, position him correctly for CPR, she did without even thinking about it, I agree.

As the theory advances the pieces of this puzzle will fall in place. We still have a long way to go because Rebecca is deceased and can't say what happened. Her sister may be able to help but since she is a minor she is rightfully under the protective custody of her guardians.

I'm not sure under what circumstances we can ever know what Rebecca's youngest sister would have to say on this matter unless Mary or Snowem release that information to the public. If that does happen it will not be for a long while and after the disposition of Rebecca's case is settled.

It is also possible if the Zahau family do not get criminal justice that they may go after Jonah in a civil suit. If they settle out of court Jonah may attach a no talk stipulation to the agreement like he did with Dina's settlement so we may never know what Rebecca's younger sister saw and knew about that morning.

Only time will tell. However, I do think that it is good to keep interest alive in this case because LE did a shoddy and unscrupulous investigation that should not be forgotten especially at election time.

As the theory advances the pieces of this puzzle will fall in place. We still have a long way to go because Rebecca is deceased and can't say what happened. Her sister may be able to help but since she is a minor she is rightfully under the protective custody of her guardians.

I'm not sure under what circumstances we can ever know what Rebecca's youngest sister would have to say on this matter unless Mary or Snowem release that information to the public. If that does happen it will not be for a long while and after the disposition of Rebecca's case is settled.

It is also possible if the Zahau family do not get criminal justice that they may go after Jonah in a civil suit.
If they settle out of court Jonah may attach a no talk stipulation to the agreement like he did with Dina's settlement so we may never know what Rebecca's younger sister saw and knew about that morning.

Only time will tell. However, I do think that it is good to keep interest alive in this case because LE did a shoddy and unscrupulous investigation that should not be forgotten especially at election time.

BBM

I wonder if the Zahau family have grounds to take Dina Romano to court?

It is also possible if the Zahau family do not get criminal justice that they may go after Jonah in a civil suit. If they settle out of court Jonah may attach a no talk stipulation to the agreement like he did with Dina's settlement so we may never know what Rebecca's younger sister saw and knew about that morning.

BBM. I do not see this as even a remote possibility because the case was ruled a suicide. I think a Judge would immediately toss it.

I do believe DS can file a wrongful death lawsuit and obtain a deposition from the younger sister.

JMO

BBM

I wonder if the Zahau family have grounds to take Dina Romano to court?

I think a court case is going to be the only way the public will learn why DS didn't want her child left alone with RZ.

JMO

I think a court case is going to be the only way the public will learn why DS didn't want her child left alone with RZ.

JMO

If Dina really didn't want Max left alone with Rebecca (for the 2 plus years that he was), then she should have sought the help of the Maricopa County Family Court...........lots of divorced parents go that route when there is a dispute about child custody/safety issues.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back