731 users online (147 members and 584 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NE - Brandon Kamphaus, 16, Fremont, 28 Sept 2012

Brandon Kamphaus left for school on Friday 28 September but did not arrive. His car was found 8 blocks away from home, in an uninhabited area. Brandon has type 1 diabetes.

......said there was no reason to believe Kamphaus is a runaway, but there is also no evidence of foul play.

Kamphaus is described by police as being five-feet 11-inches, 160 pounds, with blonde hair and brown eyes. He has a scar above his left eyebrow.
    http://www.omaha.com/article/2012092...120929579/1707

A search of the area around his vehicle has already taken place and there is a very active FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/285745218197579/

According to his mum on the FB page, LE have checked his computer and found nothing unusual.

I'm sure I read somewhere that he left his phone at home, but need to find a source..... Yes, it's on the poster above, thank you Shefner
    Last edited by Amber34; 09-29-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber34 View Post
    According to his mum on the FB page, LE have checked his computer and found nothing unusual.

I'm sure I read somewhere that he left his phone at home, but need to find a source.....
    Its just above your post on the missing information poster. Hoping Brandon is located soon...how very troubling that he hasn't been seen or heard from.

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    Its just above your post on the missing information poster. Hoping Brandon is located soon...how very troubling that he hasn't been seen or heard from.
    LOL, thank you. See, I knew I had seen it! I was so long scanning the FB page I must have lost my thread"

Here's an MSM article. It doesn't mention the very critical information that he left his cell at home, turned off, which - in my opinion - means he intended to disappear.

It's horrific that he has Type 1 diabetes, which means the hours start ticking away quickly from the time he disappears - but I think they need to be looking in the direction that he intended to disappear and not concentrate on other thoughts, like he had unexpected car trouble, or was tricked and abducted or carjacked.

I believe the search should be very focused in the area where his car was found, and focus on where he would go willfully if he were trying to run away.

Prayers for his safe return.

http://www.ketv.com/news/local-news/...z/-/index.html

Another young man with diabetes missing? (Harsha was just found)

Why would he leave his phone?

Please come home, Brandon!
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

It looks like Brandon is a good soccer player:

http://fremonttribune.com/sports/hig...9bb2963f4.html

I hope he's found soon.

There is a video appeal available on youtube which states he took some medication with him, but not how much. I'm not sure if I am allowed to link it though? The girl that recorded it said she doesn't know him very well, so not sure why she made the appeal!

It is also said on the FB page a couple of times that he took his diabetes bag with him

His mum works at the Diabetes Education Center of the Midlands, so with any luck he realises the importance of taking his meds and has them with him.

Wondering why the missing poster says "Thos is no joke". Why would anyone think it was?

Never been good at figuring out what's ok to post from fb, but there's a post on the "Missing" page from less than an hour ago by that is interesting about checking a certain somewhere and why.....

Checking in to see if there has been any info on Brandon. I was really hoping that he had just landed at a friend's house for a few days to get away from things. Sixteen can be a rough age...well, any age can be rough, but especially those middle school and high school years. Always lots of pressure.
    Praying for Brandon....

Quote Originally Posted by bdawk20 View Post
    Never been good at figuring out what's ok to post from fb, but there's a post on the "Missing" page from less than an hour ago by that is interesting about checking a certain somewhere and why.....
    I think you can relay what is said on the missing page but you cannot quote it or post it verbatim. I really don't have FB access (I deactivated my page a couple weeks ago...I had become quite addicted, I think, and it wasn't healthy).

His dad has said he believes this to be a planned event as Brandon took his meds with him, which he doesn't when he is just going to school.

http://www.omaha.com/article/2012092...120929579/1707

Elliott said there was no reason to believe Kamphaus is a runaway, but there is also no evidence of foul play.
    Come home safe Brandon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast