Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #1 *M. Bridger guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amber34

Reaction score
This is why the UK should adopt the Amber Alert system

April Jones was last seen playing on her bicycle with friends near her home in the town around 7:30 BST on Monday.

She was seen getting into a light coloured van which then drove off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19795761

563966_10151265600401393_1906087193_n.jpg

awwwwwwwww

My boys all love their guinea pigs...
I hope she's found soon :(

Claire Williams told us “At approx 7pm tonight 5 year old April Jones got into a white/cream/grey car in the Bryn y gog area of Machynlleth. She was with some friends of her age hence the colour confusion she hasn’t been seen since we have no registration plate or sightings at the moment”.

http://www.wrexham.com/news/missing-girl-machynlleth-12623.html

It's a small town and looks to be quite isolated, right on the southern edge of the Snowdonia National Park, which is hugely popular with walkers and cyclists.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Bryn-Y-Gog,+Machynlleth&hl=en&ll=52.592725,-3.846416&spn=0.029563,0.084543&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=7.52785,21.643066&oq=bryn+y+gog&hnear=Bryn-Y-Gog,+Machynlleth,+Powys+SY20,+United+Kingdom&t=h&z=14

This is terrible. It is quite rare in the UK for a child to be abducted but one child is one child too many. I hope she is found and I agree we should have an amber alert system in the UK it is shocking that we dont.

Praying for April and her family.

What a beautiful little girl. This does sound really bad. If it is a small town then they would know if it was a local they knew and had a good reason to pick her up. This sounds not good at all.

Just hope she is found safe and sound very soon.

The report says there is confusion over details as she was with children her own age. She's only five, and it was 7.30pm. I guess the best hope is it was a concerned or estranged relative taking her, as 5 years old is very young to be out at night, unsupervised.

If not, even an Amber Alert would be of little use, with so few details to go on.

This is terrible. It is quite rare in the UK for a child to be abducted but one child is one child too many. I hope she is found and I agree we should have an amber alert system in the UK it is shocking that we dont.

Praying for April and her family.

It's very rare (stranger abduction, anyway). I hope she's found, the poor girl. This doesn't sound good.

I wonder how long she was gone before the police were called ...

looks like this town is way out in the middle of nowhere - no major thoroughways close by?

I wonder how long she was gone before the police were called ...

looks like this town is way out in the middle of nowhere - no major thoroughways close by?

It's less than two hours drive to the city of Birmingham, which is the second most populous city in the UK, after London. Access to the rest of the UK via the motorways starts there! I would think the police force for that area will be very small and widespread. With luck they will have arranged some road blocks using additional manpower from B'ham and Liverpool, to the North East.

Search for missing April: Girl, 5, 'feared abducted after being seen getting into van (Mirror)

Girl, five, goes missing in mid-Wales (Guardian)

Search Under Way As Girl, 5, Goes Missing (Sky News)

Search groups organised at Machynlleth leisure centre
Local people are being organised into search groups in Machynlleth to search for a five-year-old girl who has gone missing. 200 people have gathered at the leisure centre to help police search for April Jones. (ITV)

Good to see the publicity this is getting.

Just hope she is found safe and sound very soon.

The report says there is confusion over details as she was with children her own age. She's only five, and it was 7.30pm. I guess the best hope is it was a concerned or estranged relative taking her, as 5 years old is very young to be out at night, unsupervised.

If not, even an Amber Alert would be of little use, with so few details to go on.

I think an Amber Alert system could work well, particularly in this instance where the majority of the population will speak Welsh, which gives a strong sense of community. Those roads won't be heavy with traffic and the sooner people are on the look out for a light coloured van before it gets to a city, the better.

What a sweet little face she has! I'm hoping for some good news on this one

Daily Mail, same info:

Search underway for missing five-year-old girl 'seen getting into a van' after playing on her bike outside her home
---
Chris Dudley, who works at the Skinners Arms on Penrallt Street, said the pub was empty with many of the locals in the town looking for the little girl.

'All the locals are looking for her in this area - the cemeteries, the golf field, playing field, everywhere you can think of,' Mr Dudley said.
---
There's no one in (the pub) tonight, everybody is outside looking for her.'
---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads