728 users online (105 members and 623 guests)  

Websleuths News

TN-Repo man finds 4 small children home alone

I don't feel the mother was making proper decisions for her kids (leaving them with abusive man, and there not being hardly any food in the home).. but CPS placed them back with her anyway... sad.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/19688810/r...mobilecgbypass

"He found what appeared to be a 6-year-old child in tears and distraught
    Police found four small children ranging in ages from 2 to 7 years old home alone. The oldest told police their dad, 25-year-old Rodger Katzenmaier was there when he fell asleep, but was gone when he woke up.

Sources told Channel 4 News the couple was separated because of a domestic assault. They were not supposed to have any contact because of a restraining order; therefore, the father would spend time with the children while the mother was at work.

There was very little food in the apartment, according to police, and no phone or contact number in case of an emergency. They're just thankful the children were not harmed.

A case worker responded to the scene, and placed the children with their mother.

Katzenmaier is charged with four counts of felony child neglect

So he goes to another apartment to make a phone call and takes an hour? He doesn't believe the kids know how to open the deadbolt, but doesn't worry there may be a fire?

At some point he had internet access.

http://www.facebook.com/rodger.katzenmaier

PotFarm and all.

This mom has to be having rough times with four littles and hardly any food and obviously no help let alone someone that puts her kids in danger. Hopefully she will get all the help she can now for these kids.

Sources told Channel 4 News the couple was separated because of a domestic assault. They were not supposed to have any contact because of a restraining order; therefore, the father would spend time with the children while the mother was at work.
    The mother had a restraining order against the father but felt it was ok to leave the kids with him? It leaves me screaming what the H*ll woman! I wouldnt have let him near the children without third party there so I knew they were safe.
    Im not saying shes to blame for this but I am saying what was she thinking?

Im just glad the kids are now safe and thank God nothing happened.
    Staffies They're Softer Than You Think

"From where you're kneeling, it must seem like an 18-carat string of bad luck. But the truth is... the game was rigged from the start." Benny Fallout: New Vegas

"What is the most admirable creature on God's green Earth? Why, it's the bee! Have you ever seen a bee on vacation? Have you ever seen a bee take a sick day? Well, my friends, the answer is no! So I say, be... the bee! Be the bee!" - Jeremiah Fink Bioshock Infinite

Let's not be too quick to blame the mother. This sounds like a family in financial crisis. Their car was being repossessed. She may not have had the financial means to hire a babysitter or place the kids in day care. Murfeesboro isn't a large city, it probably is struggling to meet the demands of people in need, especially during a down economy.

Hopefully, she'll get the help she needs in caring for her children while trying to work to support them.

That said, I hope more young women think twice about having so many children at such a young age, especially when they don't have enough income to support them.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty P View Post
    Let's not be too quick to blame the mother. This sounds like a family in financial crisis. Their car was being repossessed. She may not have had the financial means to hire a babysitter or place the kids in day care. Murfeesboro isn't a large city, it probably is struggling to meet the demands of people in need, especially during a down economy.

Hopefully, she'll get the help she needs in caring for her children while trying to work to support them.

That said, I hope more young women think twice about having so many children at such a young age, especially when they don't have enough income to support them.
    Im not blaming her Im just wondering if the man was bad enough that she had a restraining order against him why did she trust him with the kids.
    Im just glad theyre safe and nothing happened. And like you I hope she gets the help with them she needs now.
    Staffies They're Softer Than You Think

"From where you're kneeling, it must seem like an 18-carat string of bad luck. But the truth is... the game was rigged from the start." Benny Fallout: New Vegas

"What is the most admirable creature on God's green Earth? Why, it's the bee! Have you ever seen a bee on vacation? Have you ever seen a bee take a sick day? Well, my friends, the answer is no! So I say, be... the bee! Be the bee!" - Jeremiah Fink Bioshock Infinite