1288 users online (201 members and 1087 guests)  

Websleuths News

OR - Royce Cratty - 74 years old - Douglas County - 24-Sep-2012

http://www.dcso.com/view_media_N.asp?Media_ID=730

MEDIA RELEASE

DOUGLAS COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
    Justice Building • Roseburg, Oregon 97470 • (541) 440-4450

John Hanlin
    SHERIFF

Date/Time of Release: 09/28/2012 - 09:30
    Contact Person: Andrea Zielinski
    Contact Number: 541-440-4486
    Subject: Missing Person
    Date/Time of Incident: 09/24/2012 - 00:00
    Incident Location: Marvin Hill Area near Sutherlin, Oregon
    Case Number: 12-4227
    Missing Person: Cratty, Royce Paul / 74 yoa / Umpqua, OR
    On September 27, 2012, 74 year old Royce Paul Cratty was reported missing by his wife. Cratty was last seen by his son on Monday, September 24, in the morning, when he dropped him off on a BLM road in the Marvin Hill area of Hwy 138W to go for a hike. Marvin Hill is located approximately 8 miles west of Sutherlin near Milepost 16.5.

Royce Cratty is described as a 5' 8”, 145 lbs, with gray hair and green eyes. Mr. Cratty was last seen wearing two blue shirts, blue “rigging pants”, and a red “cruiser hat”.

Sheriff's Office deputies and Search and Rescue personnel are actively searching the area where Mr. Cratty was last seen.

If anyone has seen Cratty or has information to his whereabouts they should contact the Sheriff’s Office at 541-440-4471.

A photo of Cratty will be attached to this release at www.dcso.com/media_N.asp.

NamUs Profile

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/17776

Case Information
    Status
    Missing
    First name
    Royce
    Middle name
    Paul
    Last name
    Cratty
    Nickname/Alias
    Date LKA
    September 24, 2012 12:00
    Date entered
    10/11/2012
    Age LKA
    74 to years old
    Age now
    74 years old
    Race
    White
    Ethnicity
    Sex
    Male
    Height (inches)
    Weight (pounds)

This poor man is still missing from 2012, and his brother in law wrote a letter to an OR newspaper in March 2014:

What happened to this Marine?

Almost a year and a half ago, my dear brother-in-law, Royce Cratty, went for a walk in the woods near his home outside Sutherlin. That was the last time his family saw or heard from him. A short search was called off, for many reasons that made no sense to me.

I hate to say this, but had this happened in my neck of the woods, things would have been different. I am a World War II and Korean War veteran. It would be a cold day in hell when we left a U.S. Marine behind.

Royce was born in the “wonderful” state of Oregon. He was an old-time high-lead logger and a U.S. Marine veteran. Royce was left behind ... like a dog!

There is an old hymn, “... look on Heaven’s scenes, they will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines.”

Dick Marquette

Sutter, Calif.

http://www.nrtoday.com/news/opinion/...veteran-behind

I hope his letter stirs up some interest in this case again.

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/loc...0-75/story.csp

A Douglas County landowner on Sunday found human remains that authorities have identified as a 74-year-old Umpqua man who was reported missing nearly two years ago, the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office said this morning.

Royce Paul Cratty was reported missing in September 2012 by his wife after he did not return home from a hike west of Sutherlin.