10-02-2012, 02:51 PM #1
Mystery illness solved when family discovers new home was a meth lab
The foreclosed house for sale on the up-and-coming street pined for fresh paint and other fixes, but the Hankins family saw its potential.
Plus, at $36,000, the price was perfect for a young family trying to make ends meet in small-town Klamath Falls, Ore.
"We said, 'It needs a little bit of love, but it's got good bones,'" Jonathan Hankins recalled. "We just had no idea that those bones were poisonous."
Within days of moving in this past summer, Beth Hankins, an ER nurse, started experiencing breathing problems. Then Jonathan got migraine-like headaches and nosebleeds. By the third week, their 2-year-old son, Ezra, developed mouth sores.
"He couldn't even drink water without being in pain," said Jonathan, 32...........
More at link......
10-06-2012, 01:36 PM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2009
- Upper Midwest
There needs to be a law that lets prospective buyers know the home they are interested in was a prior meth lab house. Whoever sold them it should be in prison. Lets hope they don't have lasting effects from their short stay there.
Or, even better, houses like that should be demolished, because can they really be fully decontaminated?
Last edited by buffetoflies; 10-06-2012 at 01:55 PM.
By JBounds in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat NewsReplies: 9Last Post: 03-08-2012, 05:58 PM
By porkchop in forum Up to the MinuteReplies: 7Last Post: 12-01-2010, 01:28 AM
By Texas Mist in forum Crimes-Spotlight on ChildrenReplies: 4Last Post: 11-09-2009, 03:05 PM
By kimberdawn in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat NewsReplies: 2Last Post: 01-14-2009, 11:58 PM
By mysteriew in forum Crimes-Spotlight on ChildrenReplies: 0Last Post: 04-19-2005, 11:48 PM