1159 users online (250 members and 909 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Abby Young, TX, Up for Parole on a Yearly Basis, next review begins 4/01/2013

Abigal Young, the mother of Emma Thompson, is up for parole on a yearly basis. She was sentenced wtih 20 years for failure to protect Emma and standing by while her boyfriend sexually abused, beat, and eventually murdered litte Emma when she was just 3 years old.

Salem

Link to Coe's trial thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=Emma+Thompson

EDITED TO ADD A NEWSPAPER ARTICLE ABOUT ABIGAIL YOUNG'S POSSIBLE PAROLE
    Last edited by Tricia; 05-06-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mama-cita View Post
    Abigail was denied parole. Looking for a link that doesn't require a subscription. I saw it on another board. She will be eligible again next August, them yearly for the rest of her term. We are going to have to remember Emma every year by writing letters on her behalf. The decision of the Parole Board was unanimous.
    Quote Originally Posted by B4igo2it View Post
    Emma ForJustice posted to Justice For Emma Thompson
    September 5.

I recieved this email on Friday August 31st at 9:32 AM from the victims services division! My heart is joyful for this news! I am Emma's maternal Aunt continuing to seek justice for my beautiful angel! Please feel free to add Emma ForJustice as a friend to recieve updates to future parole reviews and happenings in this case! Also my facebook is a.place to send letters to our fallen angel who continues to touch the heart of so many! Thank you for all your love and support of writing letters and sending emails! Justice has prevailed this time but we will need all the support again to keep Abigail Young behind bars hopfully for many years to.come!

VS-05
    PLEASE RESPOND to theTEXAS DEPARTMENT OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE VICTIM SERVICES DIVISION
    at victim.svc@tdcj.state.tx.us
    8/31/2012
    RE: Offender YOUNG, ABIGAIL, State ID# 08428403, TDCJ# 01668233VINE No. (877) 894-8463
    Your PIN:

On 8/30/2012, the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles denied parole for this offender and set the next review for 8/30/2013.

You will be notified when the case is placed in the review process, approximately four months prior to the next review date.Occasionally, the Board receives additional information that may return a case to the review process earlier than the next review date. Should this occur, you will be notified that the case has been placed in special review.For automated offender information 24 hours a day in both English and Spanish, you can call the toll free Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE) number and enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN). If requested, the automated service can also call you when the offender is being processed for release from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Correctional Institutions Division.

Please contact us for further information or to request this notification feature.Please feel free to call us toll free at (800) 848-4284 or direct at (512) 406-5900 with any questions or concerns you may have. We are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. central standard time and are eager to help in any way possible. If your address, e-mail address, or phone numbers change, please let us know so that we may continue to keep you updated and informed.

8712 Shoal Creek Blvd., Ste. 265Austin, TX 78757-6899Fax: (512) 452-0825E-Mail: victim.svc@tdcj.state.tx.usWebsite: www.tdcj.state.tx.us

Emma, Aunt Am loves you big much you may be gone but not forgotten! We will continue to fight for the justice you so rightfully deserve! Love and miss you everyday! XOXOXO
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    GREAT news but why in the world does she go back up for parole in just a year?
    Kimster, I don't know why, but the family was informed that she would be up for parole EVERY year. So they have to go through this EVERY year. Which means we all have to program our yearly calendars to send letters for Emma in the spring. We need to stand up for her! Abigail needs to do the full 20 years. I think she is 37, so we need I be sure she is not out until after her "fertile" years are long gone!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    This is what I found on Abigail:
    Emma's mother, Abigail Young, was convicted of injury to a child by omission after a jury found she did nothing to prevent Coe from hurting little Emma. Young is serving a 20 year sentence.

from: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7663134

The article is from 2010, so it is old.

Salem
    Additional information is in the above quotes. Abigail should do plenty of hard time. She was a nurse and should have been very aware of what was happening to her daughter.

Salem thank you thank you thank you for this thread. Emma was failed so badly by her Momster. We need to stand up for her so Abigail stays in prison for her whole sentence...
    "The word which God has written on the brow of every man is Hope." - Victor Hugo

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Everything I post is my opinion only, but it is both my God given and Constitutionally protected right to do so!

Salem thank you thank you thank you for this thread. Emma was failed so badly by her Momster. We need to stand up for her so Abigail stays in prison for her whole sentence...

Chron.com is the website of the 'main' newspaper for the area and where you will likelyfind updates as they are released. they kept up well with the Coe trial.

also looks as tho one reporter may have a greater opportunity to follow the case:

"Kudos to ace reporter

The Texas Associated Press Managing Editors could not have made a better choice for "Star Reporter of the Year" than by choosing Chronicle reporter Terri Langford. ("Chronicle journalists receive top honors in state competition," (Page B2, Monday).

For years now, Terri has fearlessly reported on the awful subject of child abuse, asking the necessary question: Why couldn't the murder of children such as Emma Thompson have been prevented by the governmental agencies that were aware of the abuse?

There are many fine reporters on the Chronicle's staff. But none finer, in my opinion, than Terri Langford."

Randy Burton, founder, Justice for Children, Houston

http://www.chron.com/default/article...ic-3456955.php

several articles re the Coe trial and sentence on this page, if any of you have not already seen them:

http://www.chron.com/?controllerName...22Lucas+Coe%22

i hope he rots in there

The big thanks goes to Kimster! She saw the need and put out an SOS. I just jumped in to help while she was busy with other things. Glad she was on the ball because we certainly want to be ready next year! Abigail needs to stay in jail for a long, long time.

Salem

Angry

Reminds me of Joe Paterno.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

Unfortunately Abigail will not spend near enough time in prison. Once she has served her full sentence, she will still be able to have a life.

That choice is over for Emma.

This case kills me.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A bill named after a four-year-old murdered in 2009 is in the works.

Representative Debbie Riddle's office says the bill is a direct response to what happened following little Emma Thompson's death.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=8954397
    LACI & CONNER - GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN!
    Laci's Archived Thread (Read Only):
    http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Hi! I'm a new member here.

I wrote a comment and accidentally poofed it. Then I wrote a second comment and clicked preview. The page froze. So I lost that comment.

Later today I will try a third comment.

I have followed the Emma Thompson case as it unfolded and I know Emma's maternal family well.

I will never, ever forget Emma. She has a very special place in my heart forever!

I hope to share some info about the possibility of "Emma's Law."

Need to go for now. Will be back later today.

Emma . . . gone . . . but not forgotten!

Texas House Bill 431 - "Emma's Law"

Parole eligibility may get a second look

Posted: Oct 29, 2012 6:42 PM CDT
    Updated: Oct 29, 2012 11:25 PM CDT

By Jeff Stebbins
    KFDA - Amarillo, TX

Amarillo, TX -- Texas inmates serving time for crimes against children could spend even more time behind bars if legislators choose to enact some proposed reforms.

Under current policy, many inmates, including those convicted of crimes against children, are automatically eligible for parole every year, but some say those inmates should have no such privilege.

"Emma's Law" would be named after Emma Thompson, a 4 year-old Houston girl who was raped and beaten to death by her mother's boyfriend in 2009.

Lucas Coe was convicted and sentenced to life in prison without parole.

Read more:

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/1...-a-second-look

Texas House Bill 431 - "Emma's Law"

New Parole Rules Sought in Cases Involving Children

By: Maurice Chammah, The Texas Tribune

MyHighPlains.com - Amarillo, TX
    Updated: October 29, 2012

When Laurie Thompson read a letter about the parole eligibility of the woman in prison for the death of Thompson's granddaughter, she thought the review date -- two years into a 20-year sentence -- was a typo. "We had been reassured that the perpetrators of this crime would have no hope of being released in the near future," Thompson said.

In 2009, Thompson's granddaughter, 4-year-old Emma Thompson, was beaten to death after being sexually assaulted by her mother's boyfriend, Lucas Coe. A jury convicted Emma's mother, Abigail Young, of "reckless endangerment of child by omission," and sentenced her to 20 years.

Young became eligible for parole after two years and will be automatically reviewed again every year that she is in prison.

"We really have no relief," Thompson said. "We have to revisit the details of the crime every time. It seems like we've been given a 20-year sentence."

As a result of Young's parole eligibility, Thompson and other victims' advocates are pursuing legislation that would end automatic yearly parole reviews in cases where the victim is a child.

Read more:

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/1...-a-second-look

House Bill 431 - "Emma's Law"

Emma's Law: Bill named after murdered toddler would change parole law on felonies against children

by Kevin Quinn
    KTRK - Houston, TX

January 14, 2013

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A bill named after a four-year-old murdered in 2009 is in the works.

Representative Debbie Riddle's office says the bill is a direct response to what happened following little Emma Thompson's death.

Emma was beaten to death by her mother's boyfriend, Lucas Coe.

Authorities found over 80 bruises on the girl's body along with a fractured skull.

Both Coe and Emma's mother -- Abigail Young -- were convicted. Coe was sentenced to life in prison.

Read more & view video:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=8954397

House Bill 431 - "Emma's Law"

Bill Named After Murdered Toddler Would Change Parole Law

Reporter: Kevin Quinn, KTRK
    Houston, Tx

Posted: Mon 8:22 PM, Jan 14, 2013
    KBTX - Bryan, TX

A bill named after a four-year-old murdered in 2009 is in the works.

Snipped:

Young, a former Brenham nurse, is currently serving 20 years for her involvement. She has already been denied parole once, and her case is now up for review annually.

Emma's grandmother, Laurie Thompson, says because of state law they have to relive her murder every year when Young comes up for parole. She and a Houston official want to change that.

Read more:

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/E...186884622.html#
    Last edited by imamaze; 01-16-2013 at 10:47 PM. Reason: edited link for pic of Emma

EMMA THOMPSON BILL

(JANUARY 15TH, 2013) FSW

KWHI - AM Radio -- Brenham, Tx

Emma Thompson died in 2009.

Emma Thompson, the 4-year old daughter of a former Brenham nurse, died horribly three years ago, now, a new law named for her is before the legislature that will keep people who commit violence against children from ever committing that crime again.

State Rep. Debbie Riddle is proposing the ‘Emma Thompson Law’ before this session of the state Legislature.

She says it is in direct response to Emma’s death in the spring of 2009. Emma had been beaten to death by her mother’s boyfriend, Lucas Coe. Authorities found over 80 bruises on the girl’s body along with a fractured skull.

Both Coe and her mother, Abigail Young of Brenham, were convicted. Coe for the rest of his life, Young for 20 years.
    Riddle’s office says that the bill is in direct response to what happened following Emma’s death.

Young was found guilty of reckless endangerment to a child. That’s a third degree felony. Only first degree felonies are on a list of offenses from which the Texas Parole Board is given latitude to set off parole hearing dates for up to five years.

Riddle’s bill, with the support of Emma’s grandmother, Laurie Thompson will change the law. Emma’s law would make any felony against a child, first, second or third degree eligible for the five year offset.

The Texas Civil Rights Project argues that such legislation would equate to a backdoor attempt to keep people in prison.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________

Source:

http://www.kwhi.com/news1.htm#EMMA THOMPSON BILL
    KWHI - Brenham, Tx 1-15-13
    Last edited by Ann-Tx; 01-16-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast