1189 users online (221 members and 968 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

MSU professor strips naked in classroon and runs down hall screaming

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/in...t_who_wit.html

In the middle of a lecture, a math professor at Michigan State University started yelling and swearing, took off all his clothes but his socks, and ran down the hall screaming a lot of nonsense. The internet has photos of him sitting naked in the hall, handcuffed, before he was hauled off to a local hospital. There are many articles on the web with first hand accounts by students who were there when it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/in...t_who_wit.html

In the middle of a lecture, a math professor at Michigan State University started yelling and swearing, took off all his clothes but his socks, and ran down the hall screaming a lot of nonsense. The internet has photos of him sitting naked in the hall, handcuffed, before he was hauled off to a local hospital. There are many articles on the web with first hand accounts by students who were there when it happened.
    How sad.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    How sad.
    I agree......glad he wasn't teaching kindergarten!

Sounds like some sort of psychotic break.. wonder how old the prof is....
    The above post is as always MY OPINION ONLY!

Thats sad people would take his photos, intelligent man obviously who is in need of medical attention. I wish him all the best on his road to recovery.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...aked-in-class/

A Michigan State University professor was taken into protective custody today after taking off his clothes in front of his class and shouting in the school hallway.
    In a statement posted on the university website, the university said that a call came in to the local police dispatch center just after 1 p.m. “about a man in the Michigan State University Engineering Building shouting in the hallway.”
    “MSU police responded and took the man, a university professor, into protective custody and transported him to a local hospital,” the school said. “No one was injured and the professor is not being charged with a crime.”
    Students posting on social media named the professor, but the university spokesman would not confirm the man’s identity.
    This afternoon a student posted a photo on the social media website Reddit with the comment, “My math teacher just stripped naked during class and was arrested! Go MSU!”
    Another student described what happened in greater detail.

This made me think of my Physical Science teacher from high school. He was one of those eccentric types who was so intelligent that he seemed really weird at the time but know that I think back on it I think he just lived in his own world as geniuses often do.

I don't think he was ever married or had kids and a few years ago I went into a local charity thrift store and saw him working there. I was shocked. He looked so dishevled and a friend told me that he started using drugs and lost his teaching cert and now lives in a trailer and walks to work at the store.....

I wonder if he didn't have some mental illness too.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    the poor guy! I hope he is alright.

Shame on the "adults" who took pictures of the sick man and posted it. I don't care how old my kids are, I would give them a talking to if they did something like this.

Bath salts?
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by michmi View Post
    Bath salts?
    No, just academia as usual. I never thought of stripping, but there were plenty of times I felt like running and screaming!

Quote Originally Posted by georgiagirl View Post
    This made me think of my Physical Science teacher from high school. He was one of those eccentric types who was so intelligent that he seemed really weird at the time but know that I think back on it I think he just lived in his own world as geniuses often do.

I don't think he was ever married or had kids and a few years ago I went into a local charity thrift store and saw him working there. I was shocked. He looked so dishevled and a friend told me that he started using drugs and lost his teaching cert and now lives in a trailer and walks to work at the store.....

I wonder if he didn't have some mental illness too.
    Could just be burn-out. We talk about the handful of great teachers who change our lives. In my case, not one of those teachers lasted more than a decade in the classroom.

My first thought was that this is probably a man who should have been retired... Seems like so many educators are piecing together a living, from campus to campus, making a pittance as a salary. There's so much of that around here, it's mind blowing how hard a lowly college professor toils these days. Imo, it's an upside down world when a plummer makes more per annum than an individual with a Masters or a PhD..

Remember how the colloquialism "going postal" got started? If only this were the wake up call the system needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiche View Post
    My first thought was that this is probably a man who should have been retired... Seems like so many educators are piecing together a living, from campus to campus, making a pittance as a salary. There's so much of that around here, it's mind blowing how hard a lowly college professor toils these days. Imo, it's an upside down world when a plummer makes more per annum than an individual with a Masters or a PhD..

Remember how the colloquialism "going postal" got started? If only this were the wake up call the system needs.
    I've always heard that professors at 4-year universities make 100k+ a year....

The college students have been saying that this professor is an extremely brilliant man with poor social skills. Also, that he goes on such long tangents in his lessons and talks about things not related to the math that he is teaching, to the point that they don't even get the lesson finished. Students are saying that they have a terrible time following his explanations for math problems and that he is very tough in grading and marks people down drastically for small things that aren't important to solving the problem. Many describe him as eccentric or odd. He has worked at some rather prestigious universities and I suspect that he makes quite a bit of money. On the pages where students rate their professors, most of the students advised others not to take this guy's class. I suspect that even though this guy was highly intelligent that he also had some mental problems. Students commented that he couldn't relate to the students in a one on one direct way, like he was in his own world. I'm not sure if he will be able to return to his teaching job at the university after this, time will tell.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast