NY - Body of newborn found at Bronx church, 14 Jan 2005

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A 13-year-old girl and her 15-year-old boyfriend yesterday revealed in a grisly confession to cops the sickening events that led to the death of their newborn boy, whose body was found in a "Happy Birthday" gift bag outside a Bronx church. The young mom said she gave birth in her second-floor bedroom Friday but panicked when the baby started to cry, sources said. She then cracked open the bedroom window and threw the infant into an alley, where he remained for more than 10 hours in the cold.

The girl said her boyfriend, the baby's dad, later arrived at the apartment. After she told him what she had done, he went down to the alley, saw the child and placed him, with the umbilical cord still attached, in the bag, the sources said.

He then brought the bag a few blocks away to the Second Prince of Peace Baptist Church on East 183rd Street in the Tremont section, cops said. The church was closed at the time, and he left the baby in the bag in the doorway, they said.

The horrific death of the day-old boy was being treated as a homicide by cops after an autopsy revealed that the child's head was fractured and his leg broken.

A passer-by discovered the bag with the dead infant inside at around 8:20 p.m. Friday and called 911.

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/38795.htm

I will never understand the mindset of some people!!

Parents and teachers are failing to face the realities of the world and teach their teenagers how to prevent pregnancy, AIDS, STDs and what options are available to them.
Regardless of social, religious, or economic status, there are options for teens. As a person who works in the medical field, I can say that it is logical and rational to assume that teenagers WILL be sexually active. Some won't, but teaching the small percentage who abstain will not cause those teens to suddenly become sexually active.
Fear does not produce abstinence.

There are City/ County Health Departments in every county in the USA. Part of the services rendered is free condoms and free pregnancy testing.
In the late 1980's, Public Service Announcements were all over TV and in magazines because of AIDS awareness. Condoms were worn as jewelry.. as a statement, although I didn't personally need to wear a condom earring in a gold container, it was a statement of responsibility for one's sexual health.

What has happened to cause our society to forget what it cost us so much in terms of human suffering to learn- that anyone who has sex without a condom can contract HIV and develop AIDS? That unprotected sex causes pregnancy? That pregnancy testing is easily available, that early abortions are safe, and that when push comes to shove, most parents will sign for a minor to have an abortion rather than see their 13 year old become a mother, leaving them to be the custodians of their grandchild or grandchildren.

And,most importantly after a pregnancy occurs, that adoption is an option which gives great joy to a person or couple who want a baby? No baby should be murdered for convenience. I remember learning that a sign of sociopathic behavior is the childhood killing of a small animal.
With that in mind, what does it mean when teenagers, who are legally still children, kill a newbon baby?

I am very pro-choice, always have been and I always will be. However, murdering a newborn is not an option- it's a crime.

Casshew said:
A 13-year-old girl and her 15-year-old boyfriend yesterday revealed in a grisly confession to cops the sickening events that led to the death of their newborn boy, whose body was found in a "Happy Birthday" gift bag outside a Bronx church. The young mom said she gave birth in her second-floor bedroom Friday but panicked when the baby started to cry, sources said. She then cracked open the bedroom window and threw the infant into an alley, where he remained for more than 10 hours in the cold.

The girl said her boyfriend, the baby's dad, later arrived at the apartment. After she told him what she had done, he went down to the alley, saw the child and placed him, with the umbilical cord still attached, in the bag, the sources said.

He then brought the bag a few blocks away to the Second Prince of Peace Baptist Church on East 183rd Street in the Tremont section, cops said. The church was closed at the time, and he left the baby in the bag in the doorway, they said.

The horrific death of the day-old boy was being treated as a homicide by cops after an autopsy revealed that the child's head was fractured and his leg broken.

A passer-by discovered the bag with the dead infant inside at around 8:20 p.m. Friday and called 911.

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/38795.htm

Thank goodness Ohio has passed a law that babies can be left at fire depts and hospitals anonomusly without any danger of the birthparent being prosecuted for abandonment. This law is designed to help prevent things like this from happening. This girl was just a kid herself. She had hidden her pregnancy because she didn't want anyone to find out and she didn't know what to do. Like most kids this age, she didn't think ahead or make plans on what to do when the baby came. Very, very sad for the baby, the kids, and their families.

It is just sickening! In all regards. For the baby that had a baby and everything to do with this. Just value human life...is that a stretch? Give me some rope here and I will hang myself. But, do we care? Yes, I do. Everybody deserves a chance. Don't kill me because I have an opinion but jiminy crickets this isn't right! We really need to step back, because something is broken.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back