1199 users online (236 members and 963 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OH - Catherine Sackrider, 58, Sylvania, 18 Sept 2012

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/1...man-a-homicide

SYLVANIA TOWNSHIP, OH (Toledo News Now) - Authorities are considering the case of Catherine Sackrider, the missing Sylvania Township woman, a homicide.

Sackrider was last seen on September 18. Sylvania Township before she went missing. Days before that, her house in Indiana was broken into.

"The only thing they took was her cell phone and a butcher knife, it was a special butcher knife that her dad cut the tip off to make it easier for her to cut pies because she baked pies all the time," said sister-in-law Linda Baranek.

No material items were stolen. Baranek said Sackrider's purse was sitting on the counter open but nothing was taken.

"When she told me right away I thought somebody was there and they're letting you know that there are there, I think they had it planned when they got there, to do her harm and that they decided not to do it, and came up with a better plan," said Baranek.

Sackrider's daughter, Lisa Blanton believes the break-in and her mother's disappearance are connected.

"She has a break-in there, and then all of a sudden she's missing here. You know did she make it home and they followed her, or they were waiting for her and they brought her truck back to Ohio," said Blanton.

Blanton fears her mother will not be found alive.

"Unfortunately my gut has to tell me that somebody did something, that there was foul play involved because it's not like my mother to just walk away," said Blanton.

Authorities have done an extensive search of Blanton's home, the last place Sackrider was seen.

Blanton and Baranek are meeting with the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation Wednesday.

Copyright 2012 Toledo News Now. All rights reserved.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 10-15-2012 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Corrected state
    Birds and herps <3

R.I.P. Tina Hermann, Kody Maynard, and Stephanie Sprang

Gone but never forgotten.

Http://www.flickr.com/redheadphotog
    http://underneaththecanopy.blogspot.com

Oh my, that doesn't sound good. Who does she have in her life that would have anything against her? An ex-husband? A rejected companion? An angry neighbor?

Birds and herps <3

R.I.P. Tina Hermann, Kody Maynard, and Stephanie Sprang

Gone but never forgotten.

Http://www.flickr.com/redheadphotog
    http://underneaththecanopy.blogspot.com

Strange. Hope she is found soon.
    Shine Somer Shine!

My posts are my opinion only; you may not use my posts for
    anything, except quoting within the Websleuths Forum.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, but there are a million ways to be a good one!

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Morning! On this thread, it says IN but Lagrange is in Ohio. I lived near there years ago and my mom lives in a neighboring city. I'm out of town now but will talk to my mom and see if she's heard anything.
    "Everything is ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end."

LE wonder if this is Catherine Sackrider?

http://www.lenconnect.com/article/20...ainment%20life

Praying it is not for her family's sake, and praying for whoever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by LivingJuicy View Post
    Morning! On this thread, it says IN but Lagrange is in Ohio. I lived near there years ago and my mom lives in a neighboring city. I'm out of town now but will talk to my mom and see if she's heard anything.
    LJ, that confused me for a second. Catherine lives in Indiana, but her DD is from Ohio where she had visited.

This really is confusing isn't it? She lived in IN, was visiting her daughter in OH, truck is found in OH, body is found in Lenawee County, Michigan. Do all three state lines come together in that area??

If this body is Catherine Sackrider, seems strange to me...the break in where only her phone and a 'special' knife, modified by her deceased husband, were stolen. The above link also says a picture of her deceased husband was found in the abandoned truck along with her purse. Wondering if this perp is someone from her husband's family who hated her.

Quote Originally Posted by MNlady View Post
    This really is confusing isn't it? She lived in IN, was visiting her daughter in OH, truck is found in OH, body is found in Lenawee County, Michigan. Do all three state lines come together in that area??

If this body is Catherine Sackrider, seems strange to me...the break in where only her phone and a 'special' knife, modified by her deceased husband, were stolen. The above link also says a picture of her deceased husband was found in the abandoned truck along with her purse. Wondering if this perp is someone from her husband's family who hated her.
    Locations (OH/MI) are close

http://goo.gl/maps/FPq4H
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

Body of woman found in Lenawee County remains unidentified

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/2...s-unidentified

Lenawee County body found is woman last seen in Sylvania

On Tuesday, Lenawee County Sheriff Jack Welsh said that "based on dental records, the body of the female found in Palmyra Township on Friday, 11-9-12, has been identified" as Catherine "Cathy" Sackrider.

(Snipped)

The autopsy performed, on the body, did not determine a cause of death.

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/st...7#.UKLv3mez6AY

RIP - Cathy

From September 2013:

http://www.nbc24.com/news/story.aspx...2#.VaDTnM78FWY

The investigation into the death of Catherine Sackrider is as big a mystery as the circumstances surrounding her demise...

A friend of Sackrider's told WNWO that the family has been told the case is an ongoing investigation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast