OH OH - Catherine Sackrider, 58, Sylvania, 18 Sept 2012

Ronso

Snake Hugger
Reaction score
http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/...of-missing-sylvania-township-woman-a-homicide

SYLVANIA TOWNSHIP, OH (Toledo News Now) - Authorities are considering the case of Catherine Sackrider, the missing Sylvania Township woman, a homicide.

Sackrider was last seen on September 18. Sylvania Township before she went missing. Days before that, her house in Indiana was broken into.

"The only thing they took was her cell phone and a butcher knife, it was a special butcher knife that her dad cut the tip off to make it easier for her to cut pies because she baked pies all the time," said sister-in-law Linda Baranek.

No material items were stolen. Baranek said Sackrider's purse was sitting on the counter open but nothing was taken.

"When she told me right away I thought somebody was there and they're letting you know that there are there, I think they had it planned when they got there, to do her harm and that they decided not to do it, and came up with a better plan," said Baranek.

Sackrider's daughter, Lisa Blanton believes the break-in and her mother's disappearance are connected.

"She has a break-in there, and then all of a sudden she's missing here. You know did she make it home and they followed her, or they were waiting for her and they brought her truck back to Ohio," said Blanton.

Blanton fears her mother will not be found alive.

"Unfortunately my gut has to tell me that somebody did something, that there was foul play involved because it's not like my mother to just walk away," said Blanton.

Authorities have done an extensive search of Blanton's home, the last place Sackrider was seen.

Blanton and Baranek are meeting with the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation Wednesday.

Copyright 2012 Toledo News Now. All rights reserved.

Oh my, that doesn't sound good. Who does she have in her life that would have anything against her? An ex-husband? A rejected companion? An angry neighbor?

1CatherineSackrider59-MISSING-18Sept2012-SylvaniaOhio.jpg

Morning! On this thread, it says IN but Lagrange is in Ohio. I lived near there years ago and my mom lives in a neighboring city. I'm out of town now but will talk to my mom and see if she's heard anything.

Morning! On this thread, it says IN but Lagrange is in Ohio. I lived near there years ago and my mom lives in a neighboring city. I'm out of town now but will talk to my mom and see if she's heard anything.

LJ, that confused me for a second. Catherine lives in Indiana, but her DD is from Ohio where she had visited.

This really is confusing isn't it? She lived in IN, was visiting her daughter in OH, truck is found in OH, body is found in Lenawee County, Michigan. :banghead: Do all three state lines come together in that area?? :banghead:

If this body is Catherine Sackrider, seems strange to me...the break in where only her phone and a 'special' knife, modified by her deceased husband, were stolen. The above link also says a picture of her deceased husband was found in the abandoned truck along with her purse. Wondering if this perp is someone from her husband's family who hated her. :moo:

This really is confusing isn't it? She lived in IN, was visiting her daughter in OH, truck is found in OH, body is found in Lenawee County, Michigan. :banghead: Do all three state lines come together in that area?? :banghead:

If this body is Catherine Sackrider, seems strange to me...the break in where only her phone and a 'special' knife, modified by her deceased husband, were stolen. The above link also says a picture of her deceased husband was found in the abandoned truck along with her purse. Wondering if this perp is someone from her husband's family who hated her. :moo:

Locations (OH/MI) are close

http://goo.gl/maps/FPq4H

Lenawee County body found is woman last seen in Sylvania

On Tuesday, Lenawee County Sheriff Jack Welsh said that "based on dental records, the body of the female found in Palmyra Township on Friday, 11-9-12, has been identified" as Catherine "Cathy" Sackrider.

(Snipped)

The autopsy performed, on the body, did not determine a cause of death.

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=824987#.UKLv3mez6AY

The fact that her truck was found at a park that is not easy to find, but within walking distance to the residence she was last known to be at is curious.

Why dump the body in Blissfield, some 20+ miles away, but leave the truck near where she was last seen?

Also curious is the fact that her disappearance was reported by locals in Indiana (a week after she disappeared), but no one in her family was concerned or checked to see if she made it back home safely after leaving Sylvania.

No new updates and it appears there was once a FB page dedicated to finding her that has been deleted. The break-in prior to her disappearance feels very personal. Only taking a cell phone and a special knife her dad made for her? Clearly wants to know what she has been up to on the phone and then making a statement with taking something special to her?

There is a rift somewhere in the family ......or with a prior husband/boyfriend.

Someone ALWAYS knows .....

No new updates and it appears there was once a FB page dedicated to finding her that has been deleted. The break-in prior to her disappearance feels very personal. Only taking a cell phone and a special knife her dad made for her? Clearly wants to know what she has been up to on the phone and then making a statement with taking something special to her?

There is a rift somewhere in the family ......or with a prior husband/boyfriend.

Someone ALWAYS knows .....

Agreed, the facts of the case make it feel like someone(s) she knew and someone she knew in Sylvania. The passing of her husband shortly before always brings to mind the problems inheritance issues can (and money in general) cause in a family.

Not pointing fingers, but I know where I'd start the investigation given where the truck was found in relation to where she was last seen.

I really have to say ...who goes out of their way to create a FB page for a victim and then deletes it? As a social media enthusiast, makes me REALLY wonder who ran it and the reason they decided to delete it even though no murderer has been found....These are usually run by family/friends. Wonder what they knew that we didn't .......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back