643 users online (95 members and 548 guests)  

Websleuths News

Alligator pool parties for children

A Florida man is offering entertainment with a difference for children's parties - swimming with alligators.

For 100, Bob Barrett, from Tampa Bay, takes an alligator to people's backyard pools to swim with their children.

"It just took off like wildfire," he told the Tampa Bay Times. "Everybody loves having the gator pool parties."

Mr Barrett, who runs the local Alligator Attraction, came up with the idea during the summer when business was slow.

"If you're nine, ten or 11 years old, you've already had the 'jumparoo' house, the bounce house, you've had the pizza party, you've had the clown party," he said.

"You get to have a pool party with a gator. It's a very popular party."

Mr Barrett tapes the alligators' mouths shut before the parties which he insists are safe.

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission confirmed he isn't doing anything illegal, but added: "We will say that this is not something that we encourage."

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quir...s_for_children

What a horrible day for the alligators.

Poor gator.

It's not illegal? It should be. This is cruelty, I don't see how it's not illegal.
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY

I agree, poor gaters. I guess there are parents that are booking these parties but I know I wouldn't and am pretty sure my kids would think it's pretty cruel to the gators...

There is just so much that could go wrong with an alligator in a pool with a bunch of kids swimming around. I certainly hope that tape holds. That alligator is just waiting to rub that tape off and get a snack one of these days.
    "Sarcasm"... my super-power!

Quote Originally Posted by oh_gal View Post
    What a horrible day for the alligators.
    What she said.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/ripti...es_shut_do.php

Alligator Pool Parties Shut Down By State Authorities

http://www.tampabay.com/news/environ...cle1254582.ece
    But investigators at the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission think "gator parties" are unsafe for kids and parents.

I don't think that man was thinking of the care of kids and also the aligators he was just seeing dollar signs... I'm glad it was shut down.