1137 users online (198 members and 939 guests)  

Websleuths News

Unhappy NH - Man Faces Animal Abuse Charges...

This just makes me so MAD!

Man Faces Animal Abuse Charges

(Seymour-WTNH, Jan. 20, 2005 Updated 10:45 PM ) _ A disturbing story of animal abuse out of Seymour. A man faces charges for allegedly slitting the throats of several puppies there.

Twenty-year-old Brandon Chandler faces six counts of animal cruelty.

Behind a house on Skorkorat Street police found six puppies left outside in the woods in a basket. Five of the dogs were dead.

The lone surviving puppy had her throat slashed and a stab wound in her back. She has been named "Amazing Grace."

"This is brutal. It's the worst thing I ever saw in two years as the dog warden in the town. He brutally cut her throat. It was terrible," says Joe LaRovera.

Police say Chandler lived with the dogs' owners.

"Police ... spoke to the accused and asked where the puppies were. He had stated that he 'sent them to heaven,'" says Paul Beres from the Seymour Police Dept.

Police say the suspect used a buck knife to slit the dogs' throat.

"He appears to show no remorse. He told officers that he had been drinking prior to the episode, that he had several beers."

The suspect was arraigned this morning and held on $50,000 bail. Police tell News Channel 8 that the man may have attacked the dogs because the owners refused to give him one of the puppies.

The owners are devastated by this and say they don't have the financial means to care for the dog. They signed over custody of the puppy to the Town of Seymour. The puppy is now receiving around-the-clock care at the animal hospital.

If convicted, Chandler faces up to 30-years in prison.

I hope he has to serve every day of that 30-years!

Mare

How incredibly cruel! Some "friend". I like to think we are all children of the universe, but you do have to wonder sometimes.

Wow... I'd take that poor puppy and pay for care. What a mean SOB - I don't care if he had been drinking, defensless puppies

Different pup, just as amazing

This photo is really something.

What people do to animals is dreadful. What they do to each other is worse.

The persons who hurt animals have been proven to be the ones who later hurt humans. Intervention is the key. Incidents need to be reported, and prosecuted, and offenders need to be evaluated thoroughly. I'm not convinced treatment does anything. We see repeat offences all the time.

First a pup, then a human being. Pitiful.

Prayers for the world, Lanie

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    I vote guilty and death!!!!

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Quote Originally Posted by poco
    I second that ! Let the $##@$% bleed to death !
    Racing Doesn't Lie

Quote Originally Posted by poco
    Ditto and may he burn in Hell.
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

GO STEELERS!

Quote Originally Posted by WasBlind
    This photo is really something.

What people do to animals is dreadful. What they do to each other is worse.

The persons who hurt animals have been proven to be the ones who later hurt humans. Intervention is the key. Incidents need to be reported, and prosecuted, and offenders need to be evaluated thoroughly. I'm not convinced treatment does anything. We see repeat offenses all the time.

First a pup, then a human being. Pitiful.

Prayers for the world, Lanie
    I totally agree. When one is so depraved that they maim and kill defenseless animals it is a sign of much larger problems looming. People that are capable of such sadistic acts have psychotic behaviors and if not stopped we will see serial killers begin their murderous torture of human life.

May God have mercy on us all..........somehow our world is being desensitized and the value of life is diminishing. What has happened to our younger people? I have just finished reading many of the new articles here and in most of them they were committed by mere kids or the very young. So scary.....where will it all end? I shudder to think.

Ocean
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

To this day I vividly remember walking home from school along a culvert (shortcut) and finding two dogs that had been killed and eviscerated. I was so extremely upset. I told my parents about it when I got home and took them to show them the dogs, but they were gone by that time. I guess someone had removed the bodies. My parents tried to convince me that I hadn't seen what I thought I had seen. I was one of the most horrible experiences of my life and I can still see the blood and such. I never again walked home that way. I took the long way around even though it took me an extra 20 minutes.