Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    The below is a post on FFXU. Obviously I can't say if there is any truth to it or not...

Re: Bryan Glenn
    Posted by: Cavalier Mom ()
    Date: October 10, 2012 06:53PM

I know people are speculating all kinds of stuff, but let me state that my next door neighbor is a close friend of the female volunteer who found Bryan's body. She confirmed it was a suicide, Bryan hung himself from a tree, so don't expect to hear any more on the news about this. And I can confirm that this is the second Woodson student who committed suicide since August, who also came from a military (Navy) family. I did not know the Glenn's, but I do know the family of the other student since my younger son is in the same class with theirs.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to tschlottman For This Useful Post:

How sad. Not that murder woul have been a better alternative. Our world is a hard world. This hurts my heart more because there could have been hope for him. It was at his own mercy. :-(
    "Everything is ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end."

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LivingJuicy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    That report should be able to estimate Time of Death (within a few days)...based on environmental factors and the condition of body tissue, etc.

WARNING GRAPHIC ALERT
    The oddest aspect to this entire case is that, for seven days, no one alerted to Bryan being there. It was still fairly warm during the days from the 1st to the 8th and there was that one big rain storm...maybe two... there are many wild animals in the wooded areas there (birds, fox, raccoon, even coyotes have been spotted in Vienna) and insects galore. Something is very wrong here...someone should have been overwhelmed by the scent...especially the bloodhounds at 72 hours into his disappearance.
    Are you saying you think he may have been moved?

Or that there was a delay in time between Bryan going missing and him being deceased?

TIA

6. The Following User Says Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

Trying to be delicate yet there is really no pleasant way to say it.

Just that after a week outside, in the elements and in 75-80* daytime temps, there should have been a very detectable scent. Other than that it just doesn't fit, IMO.

Maybe he left there and went back for the car and found it gone, IDK...maybe, initially he stayed in the woods...I really doubt that he was moved... especially with all the public presence there. I just can't get passed the fact that the Bloodhounds didn't alert.

Honestly, LE needs to go over every bit of the evidence found at the scene and go over it with a fine tooth comb. Because, even if it was a hanging that does not rule out a murder or someone trying to make it look like a suicide.
    Last edited by Just K; 10-11-2012 at 12:18 AM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tschlottman View Post
    The below is a post on FFXU. Obviously I can't say if there is any truth to it or not...

Re: Bryan Glenn
    Posted by: Cavalier Mom ()
    Date: October 10, 2012 06:53PM

I know people are speculating all kinds of stuff, but let me state that my next door neighbor is a close friend of the female volunteer who found Bryan's body. She confirmed it was a suicide, Bryan hung himself from a tree, so don't expect to hear any more on the news about this. And I can confirm that this is the second Woodson student who committed suicide since August, who also came from a military (Navy) family. I did not know the Glenn's, but I do know the family of the other student since my younger son is in the same class with theirs.

Honestly that is the ONLY WAY he could be "standing at the base of a tree, looking down" as stated in the WUSA9 article. That's the absolute only way.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to astridxx For This Useful Post:

Just because someone is found that way doesn't rule out that someone else did this and then staged it to look like suicide.

Here is an update:
    http://fairfaxcity.patch.com/article...remember-bryan

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    Just because someone is found that way doesn't rule out that someone else did this and then staged it to look like suicide.

Here is an update:
    http://fairfaxcity.patch.com/article...remember-bryan
    Very true. I hope there isn't a murderer loose in the area though as I work about 15 minutes away from that park...

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to astridxx For This Useful Post:

The ME's report, if thorough, will rule in or out foreign DNA (found on Bryan and any item that was at the crime scene) which, then, ought to be compared to both any sticky residue on the doughnut box and any found on the TWO opened bottles of water. In addition, they should know if any and all wounds are consistent with the crime scene evidence or if there are abnormal wounds that are not consistent. Also, if the crime scene investigators did a thorough job then the ME will have those details to compare to the condition of the body. I hope there are answers.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:

While I agree it does seem odd that the dogs didn't alert, I also reflect on a case I followed closely last year where the decedant wasn't found for a few months despite the fact several search parties must have walked right past his body on numerous occasions. It happens. And with regard to cause, perhaps we will never know. These type of tragedies, especially with a young person so full of promise, are especially hard to understand. I remember taking everything so hard when I was a teenager...things that we now weather with acquired courage and resilience. Most kids are profoundly sensitive, and can only handle so much pressure or pain before they become overwhelmed to the point that they can't see any options beyond black or white. Sometimes even the most perceptive parents can't pick up on the warning signs, if there are any. I do believe, however, that these type of horrible tragedies do serve to remind us all how very precious our loved ones are, and that our time together should never be taken for granted. God Bless Bryan, and may he rest in peace.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rosesfromangels For This Useful Post:

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tschlottman For This Useful Post:

I tried to post at Patch but I never get their confirmation email...
    The one thing that is really bothering me is that LE (FCPD) is trying to make certain that no one thinks that their is any threat to the community. In the Vanessa Pham case, she was found in her car stabbed to death. FCPD immediately made statements about the large numbers of homeless (many of whom had been released from local mental health facilities) living off the path and in the woods about 60 yards from where her car crashed. Now, the fact is that she wasn't back in those woods. She left a busy Shopping Center and within ten minutes and one mile she was dead. Obviously, someone got into her car. A similar incident occurred in that same shopping center, this past year, but that woman quickly jumped out of her vehicle...and the man was caught on video calmly walking away.

Now, Bryan goes to a shopping Center less than two miles from where Vanessa was murdered (2010) and he winds up dead in a park, less than a mile as the crow flies, from where Vanessa died. He dies in a place that is notorious for encampments of homeless people YET FCPD dissuades the community from thinking that a homeless person may have accosted him. Why the two opposite stances?

Even if Bryan was hanging, it doesn't mean he did it to himself. And then there is this...
    http://fairfaxcity.patch.com/article...rs-from-police

And, FCPD says there is "No Predator on the Loose." This is complete and utter BS. There are plenty of predators in Fairfax County and one of them may have strangled Bryan and then hanged him to make it look like a suicide.

FCPD, is really p!ssing me off.

Does anyone know when Bryan came back to Fairfax?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:

@ Just K - I totally agree. In one of the articles I posted the link to FFX City PD is talking about how safe it is in the area and that the crime rate is extremely low. How do they figure this? I had to go to the Advance Auto Parts next to DD there a few weeks ago and there were a bunch of people hanging around in the parking lot and behind the side of the building. One person drove up and I believe bought drugs from the group. My friend used to live in a house that backed up to the trail in the section between Barkley and Prosperity and there were always bodies being found in the woods. Not to mention the large increase in gang activity. I suspect this is just the PD trying to come up with excuses and don't want to admit they have missed something (kind of like MCPD had a description and the license # of the car for the snipers after first shooting, they didn't realize it until after they were caught, it was sitting on the Detectives desk and had been provided by a witness after they shot through the window at the crafts store - you'll never have them admit to that in public though, the only reason I know is because I know someone who worked the investigation).

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tschlottman For This Useful Post:

I just have to post this because I don't believe the WP had the nerve to run this especially on the day of Bryan's funeral. They must feel like they messed up if they felt the need to write this piece of crap trying to defend their position on not covering the case. I was unable to make it to the funeral due to being sick but am sure it had a huge turn out. Still thinking of his family...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...b2a7_blog.html

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tschlottman For This Useful Post:

It is ridiculous for the Wasgington Post and the FCPD to be spewing their theory as fact. The medical examiner has not issued a cause of death and there are many unanswered questions... the two water bottles, the impression of the majority of his friends, family, and instructors. This is a kid who had almost 500 Facebook friends, he had friends at all of his previous schools, old friends from elementary and middle school now attending Woodson, he had plans for Homecoming, College visits, etc AND most importantly there are Predators in the Fairfax Circle area...several different open cases of Oakton/Vienna Metro students and residents assaulted along the Blake Lane side of Lee Hwy/ There is the unsolved murder of Vanessa Pham. She died less than a mile from where Brian was found dead. If it is true that he was 3/4 of a mile from his car then that is only about a quater of a mile from where that path crosses behind Prosperity and then another 1/4 of a mile to where it runs behind the area where Vanessa's car came to rest. Since her murder, another push in/attempted assault occurred in that exact same shopping center.

A few years ago, two teen girls went missing from a town home near Route 7 and Gosnell (sp?) in Tyson's Corner...every news station was all over that case and they actually where known to have left willingly with some guy or guys. If I am not mistaken, they were located in South Carolina. Then there was the case of the runaway teen couple from Montgomery County... There was an APB put out for them when the Jeep (?) was found in a distant locality. The Wash Post and FCPD are on the same page because, and only because, they are both in the wrong here.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:

One way or another, the truth will come out...but whatever the cause of death turns out to be, Bryan's disappearance & death was not properly investigated. His family had the right to have his disappearance followed up- the fact that it wasn't, only prolonged their agony about having their son missing. I pray that other families will not experience this, & I hope that there is an investigation into the police response...

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thistle For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast