Question

angelnsb

Reaction score
Does anyone know what games Burke got for Christmas for his Nintendo 64?

Well, in reading the BDI theories that are out there I got to thinking about violence in video games. Some games are extremly violent & graphic (grand theft auto, resident evil, etc..). If this young boy spent all of his free time playing this game, it could affect him. These games have a way of sucking you in. Leading him to "act out" something from the game in reality.

It was also something my boyfriend said that kept popping in my head. He is a big video game person. He is like a big kid with his playstation two. He got Grand Theft Auto. He was playing it non stop for like 4 hours and he said "wow this game really gets into your head." He said when he got in the car he was on the highway and he was thinking of the game and without realizing it he was doing 100 and driving erraticly. He gave the game away when he got home. It scared him. If it has that kind of effect on a grown man, Why wouldn't the same be true of a child?

1996 was the release date for the N-64, and I very well remember buying one for my own sons for Christmas that year. Super Mario was the hottest game around for the Nintendo 64. The games, PilotWings 2 and a chess game were also released, although I am not familiar with either of those.

Nehemiah said:
1996 was the release date for the N-64, and I very well remember buying one for my own sons for Christmas that year. Super Mario was the hottest game around for the Nintendo 64. The games, PilotWings 2 and a chess game were also released, although I am not familiar with either of those.
Thanks! I am looking them up now.

Burke wasn't even driving yet. No telling what kind of effect it would have on him.

He had already accidentally hit JonBenet in the cheek with a golf club. She was probably following too close.

Not that I think this case is as simple as Burke doing it. I really think there were a lot of people somehow involved, some other kind of game, but your question is certainly worth looking into. Who knows what else might be accidentally found out by exploring it? JMHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back