741 users online (94 members and 647 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canada - Stefanie Cummings, 24, Sudbury ON, 24 Sept 2012

Stefanie Cummings, 24, was last seen by family on September 4, 2012. Her mother reported her missing on October 4, 2012. She is 5'7" and according to the newspaper article, weighs only 90 pounds. I think that might be an error.

http://www.thesudburystar.com/2012/1...ince-september

http://www.thesudburystar.com/2012/1...-police-briefs

There doesn't seem to be a missing persons FB page for Stefanie, and I don't see a personal FB page for her either.

I wish I knew how to contact her family - they really should put up a FB page for her, since it doesn't seem anything is being done via social media to find Stefanie.

ETA: I have e-mailed the Greater Sudbury Police and asked if they could pass the word to Stefanie's family regarding setting up a FB page for her.

Her vehicle was located parked and apparently abandoned at the New Sudbury Shopping Centre Tuesday night
    From link above.

This is always a red flag to me, most people don't abandon their cars! Why was she just reported a month later? That says to me, contrary to her mother's statement, that she has a past history of disappearing for a short time. MOO

*All posts are my opinion only, and only my opinion.*

mama to 12 / adoptive parent educator

Quote Originally Posted by dillysmom11 View Post
    From link above.

This is always a red flag to me, most people don't abandon their cars! Why was she just reported a month later? That says to me, contrary to her mother's statement, that she has a past history of disappearing for a short time. MOO
    I was worried too when I read about her car being abandoned. That isn't a great sign.

The whole idea of being out of contact for a month before being reported missing bothers me, because as you said, it could indicate she has done this before but has always returned before the family became too alarmed. JMO.

I wish the family could provide another photo of Stefanie. The one in the newspaper shows her with a lot of eye makeup, hair pulled back from her face, etc. If she doesn't always look like that, then it would be helpful to see another picture of her. IMO.

Found this on Northern Life's Facebook:
    Northern Life = CORRECTION: Police originally stated that Cummings was last by her family on Sept. 4, but it was Sept. 24.
    https://www.facebook.com/northernlif...app_4949752878

Cummings, described as 5-7, 90 lbs with a slim build, brown long straight hair and blue eyes, was last seen by family on Sept. 24.
    http://www.northernlife.ca/news/poli...s-sudbury.aspx
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

Thanks so much for finding and posting that info.

So she was only gone a few days before her mom reported her missing to LE. That makes me feel better knowing she wasn't gone a month before anyone raised an alarm.

I'm still puzzled by her weight - 90 pounds at 5'7"? I wonder if she has a health issue that keeps her from putting on weight?

I also wonder if the place where Stefanie's car was found is a place she normally frequented.

I e-mailed the Greater Sudbury Police yesterday and suggested a missing persons FB page be started for Stefanie. So far, no response and no FB page!

Bumping for Stefanie.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilynilpa View Post

Bumping for Stefanie.
    Bumping again for Stef. I have learned that she does had a FB page, but I haven't looked at it yet.

BTW, the info about Stef being 90 pounds is correct - a very slender lady.

No media coverage to speak of. We really need to get Stef's name out there, IMO. I will contact newspapers in the Greater Sudbury area to see if I can get anyone to do a more comprehensive story on Stef's disappearance.

Prayers to Stef and her family and friends.

I have just looked at Stef's FB page. She has a lot of friends on there who are worried about her. There are also a lot of pictures.

Another beautiful woman, vanished without a trace. I hope this turns out like the Ivy Merck case - maybe she just needed to get away for a while.

Prayers for Stefanie.

Another BUMP for Stefanie. Her family and friends are frantic, but there has been little media coverage other than two brief mentions in the Sudbury Star (links are in the first post).

Please, if you know anyone in the Greater Sudbury area, please make them aware of Stefanie's disappearance. The more who know about her, the likelier it is she'll be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilynilpa View Post
    Another BUMP for Stefanie. Her family and friends are frantic, but there has been little media coverage other than two brief mentions in the Sudbury Star (links are in the first post).

Please, if you know anyone in the Greater Sudbury area, please make them aware of Stefanie's disappearance. The more who know about her, the likelier it is she'll be found.
    Bumping once again.

Stefanie Cummings is still missing from Greater Sudbury, Ontario. She was last seen Sept. 24 by her Mother and was reported missing Oct. 2. Please join the group, help find her, look at her pictures. ANY information, even if it seems like it's not important...just might be. Contact the Greater Sudbury Police Services with ANY information. http://www.facebook.com/groups/28017...ref=ts&fref=ts

Stef is my friend..we miss her dearly. I thank this site and especially Marilynilpa for bringing it forward.

Thanks for everyones help. Unfortunately Stef has been found, and not living. Hopefully the person that did this will be found and caught ASAP!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast