Page 1 of 61 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidebar for Caylee Anthony's forum #13

Sidebar for Caylee Anthony's forum #13

Please resume discussion here and continue to be mindful of TOS...

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Thank you Harmony2 for a new sidebar.
    Good morning everyone.
    I'd like to cry over spilt milk if I may.
    I was looking at the photos of Caylee on our last sidebar and was thinking that I wished the prosecution had used one of the 2 last photos for the lay over (< can't think of the right word) of the duct tape on Caylee skull. I realize why they used the picture they did but I have to be honest here, I hated it. In My Opinion it was a stupid move. I think they were being smart alec's about it. Personally I would have found a non smiling photo of Caylee alone. I think it would have had more of an impact. What are your thoughts on this?
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

3. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wonders View Post
    Good morning everyone.
    I was looking at the photos of Caylee on our last sidebar and was thinking that I wished the prosecution had used one of the 2 last photos for the lay over (< can't think of the right word) of the duct tape on Caylee skull. I realize why they used the picture they did but I have to be honest here, I hated it. In My Opinion it was a stupid move. I think they were being smart alec's about it. Personally I would have found a non smiling photo of Caylee alone. I think it would have had more of an impact. What are your thoughts on this?
    You've got a good point there. I can only guess they wanted to show the extremes of the two. A healthy smiling child vs one with the horror of duct tape across her nose and mouth. Real shock value.

Dunno - just IMO....
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    They should have left out FCA. It was about Caylee. The superimposing should have been on a photo of Caylee alone. Not the two of them (Caylee and FCA). The killer was sitting in the courtroom, straight across from the jury fgs. Oh how I wish they would have used a photo of Caylee alone for that.

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

They should have left out FCA. It was about Caylee. The superimposing should have been on a photo of Caylee alone. Not the two of them (Caylee and FCA). The killer was sitting in the courtroom, straight across from the jury fgs. Oh how I wish they would have used a photo of Caylee alone for that.
    Did they use the one - the photo of Caylee wearing the big trouble t-shirt? Don't remember off the top of my head...

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    Did they use the one - the photo of Caylee wearing the big trouble t-shirt? Don't remember off the top of my head...
    This is the one they used.

11. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to FaerieB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FaerieB View Post
    This is the one they used.

Hmm - that one has been cropped - have we got the rest of it?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Hmm - that one has been cropped - have we got the rest of it?
    This link has the two images. http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/ph...slide=34339651

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to FaerieB For This Useful Post:

Thanks FaerieB - unfortunately I clicked on the second image - Wah!

So okay - I don't know why they used this photo except it showed good straight on facial structure plus the vision of FCA was there to continue the thought this was something FCA did...

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

atthelake is online now Walking on ice these days, glad it's a thick glacier!
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2 View Post
    Please resume discussion here and continue to be mindful of TOS...

We have all been good lately, promise! :halo: It is much better these days as those *can't say the word or I will get a T/O* are either busy elsewhere, or on vacation. Sorry if my posting all of Caylees photos caused the thread to be closed for slow loading. Perhaps that caused complaints as I did so many....but just felt right to do. Anyhow, what happened tody with the ZG trial and both sides saying the FCA trial will not be allowed to be discussed. Guess I will have to go over to that thread.

Thinking of you today RR0004 and hope you are healing from the infection!
    Walking On Ice.....but it's a glacier!

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to atthelake For This Useful Post:

atthelake is online now Walking on ice these days, glad it's a thick glacier!

So okay - I don't know why they used this photo except it showed good straight on facial structure plus the vision of FCA was there to continue the thought this was something FCA did...
    I am thinking you are right. And IIRC weren't their pre-trial motions about cropping photos, and the prosecution could not?
    Walking On Ice.....but it's a glacier!

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to atthelake For This Useful Post:

Thank you FaerieB.
    I couldn't get the 2 photo to show for me. That's okay though. I don't need to see it again.

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

On sidebar 12 Atthelake (thank you Atthelake) posted pic's of Caylee. I'm unable to copy and paste the pic I think would have been a good one for the superimpostion. It is the second from last pic.

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

On sidebar 12 Atthelake (thank you Atthelake) posted pic's of Caylee. I'm unable to copy and paste the pic I think would have been a good one for the superimpostion. It is the second from last pic.
    This one Wonders?

27. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TorisMom003 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TorisMom003 View Post
    This one Wonders?

Yes, thank you so much TorisMom.

29. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

For anyone who is following the ZG defamation case, I've posted a couple of media spots over on the ZG thread.

Wesh.com updated their posts and include a clip with Bob Kealing and both lawyers, which has some interesting information.

Don't be put off by how the video looks - it has a front page of FCA in her glasses doing her video diary, but that isn't the actual report.

31. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by atthelake View Post
    We have all been good lately, promise! :halo: It is much better these days as those *can't say the word or I will get a T/O* are either busy elsewhere, or on vacation. Sorry if my posting all of Caylees photos caused the thread to be closed for slow loading. Perhaps that caused complaints as I did so many....but just felt right to do. Anyhow, what happened tody with the ZG trial and both sides saying the FCA trial will not be allowed to be discussed. Guess I will have to go over to that thread.

Thinking of you today RR0004 and hope you are healing from the infection!
    I enjoyed looking at all the pictures of Caylee again and appreciate so much you posting them. They are a wonderful reminder of why we are all here.
    I don't think there was a problem at all posting them. In fact, I actually felt that the pictures made a nice closure to a long thread.
    Thanks again.

YES!!! You too, can hire JB for your event!

http://www.agencyforspeakers.com/esp...Jose-Baez.html

Forgive me if this is a duplicate post.

Snippets of note....... Me in red.

Soon after admission to the Florida State Bar Jose became a magnet for many high profile cases such as the case of Elvira Garcia, an illegal Mexican Immigrant accused of kidnapping a child that she had adopted as her own. Ms. Garcia was cleared of all charges because due to her illegal status she was unable to legally adopt the child. Zanny 1.0?

Still active with his law practice, Jose is also very involved with his community and with several charitable organizations. STILL??

Jose was the youngest of four children raised by a hardworking single mother who often had to work 2 and 3 jobs to make ends meet. Yet KC couldn't work even 1!

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post

Soon after admission to the Florida State Bar Jose became a magnet for many high profile cases such as the case of Elvira Garcia, an illegal Mexican Immigrant accused of kidnapping a child that she had adopted as her own. Ms. Garcia was cleared of all charges because due to her illegal status she was unable to legally adopt the child. Zanny 1.0?

Still active with his law practice, Jose is also very involved with his community and with several charitable organizations. STILL??

Jose was the youngest of four children raised by a hardworking single mother who often had to work 2 and 3 jobs to make ends meet. Yet KC couldn't work even 1!
    I think you missed the classic line by Geraldo - "if you can (ever) cut through the BS he's a hero.

35. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

For anyone who is following the ZG defamation case, I've posted a couple of media spots over on the ZG thread.

Wesh.com updated their posts and include a clip with Bob Kealing and both lawyers, which has some interesting information.

Don't be put off by how the video looks - it has a front page of FCA in her glasses doing her video diary, but that isn't the actual report.
    Did you notice who else was there? None other than Mason.
    I hope this case dosen't happen before the appeal is done and over with. (I know I'm dreaming) It reminds me of the CPS report that supposedly wasn't done until after the murder trial. Changing the venue is outragous. When are the people of Florida going to say enough is enough of this woman spending our tax dollars? It must set a rage in Floridians when they think about it.

37. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

Busy Busy Boy

http://www.facdl.org/index.php/semin...he-practice-iv

12:10 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Lunch – Keynote: Refl ections on the Practice: The Casey Anthony Trial •JOSE BAEZ

He seems to do quite a few discussions over lunch. IS he servingg food and clearing the tables too???

Bet he's used to talking real loud over the clanking silverware and glasses. Wonder if he starts off with try the veal......
    Last edited by zippitydoda; 10-04-2012 at 10:06 PM.
    Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.

40. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to zippitydoda For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post

Some exaggerations or mis-truths here, IMO

The Elvira Garcia case WAS NOT a high profile case in the Metro Orlando area.

It was in 2006 and I remember it on local media because it had to do with the alleged kidnapping of a infant but the case quickly faded away.

Garcia was charged with kidnapping her roommate's 6 week old baby
    Not long into the investigation LE dropped the charges because it ended up being more of a Domestic issue rather than a kidnapping.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/roomma...old-boy/nJsdr/

ALSO, Baez wants us to believe that Garcia was cleared of kidnapping charges because she was an illegal immigrant??? WThay!

Once the alleged kidnapping charges were dropped by LE I am wondering if Elvira Garcia was arrested for being an illegal immigrant..?

I remember a recent case, a Central Florida woman, married to an American and had children, was arrested by LE once they found out she was an illegal immigrant.

Many people have been arrested in Florida, and across the Country, once they are discovered by LE as being illegal immigrants....depending on the case they are schedule for criminal trial or deportation trials
    Last edited by Intermezzo; 10-04-2012 at 09:09 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

Good morning everyone.

BBM:

I understand completely the desire to have a simple frontal picture of Caylee as part of the demonstrative overlay process but have to agree that this particular one (IF CROPPED TO remove the other figure) was more graphic.
    1. the presentation of this graphic demonstration should have been done with the assistance of Jan so she could emphasize the details of the bone structure & the teeth placement of the discovered skull. Somehow, the fact that the teeth were held within the mandible area NEVER seemed to make an impact re: duck tape placement and decomposition activity, lack of body movement re: theory that the corpse moved from place to place.
    2. the photo needed to be close to Caylee's age at the time of her "abduction"
    All the above MHO ('specially since nobody asked!) but I'm wondering if the prosecution ASSUMED (and we all know what THAT does) that ANY jury would apply logic to the facts of the case and that given the facts presented, there was no need to "beat the drum" over & over again.
    “Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succure vitae”– Giovanni Margagni

"This is the place where death rejoices to teach those who live."-
    Giovanni Margagni

Quote Originally Posted by joypath View Post
    BBM:

I understand completely the desire to have a simple frontal picture of Caylee as part of the demonstrative overlay process but have to agree that this particular one (IF CROPPED TO remove the other figure) was more graphic.
    1. the presentation of this graphic demonstration should have been done with the assistance of Jan so she could emphasize the details of the bone structure & the teeth placement of the discovered skull. Somehow, the fact that the teeth were held within the mandible area NEVER seemed to make an impact re: duck tape placement and decomposition activity, lack of body movement re: theory that the corpse moved from place to place.
    2. the photo needed to be close to Caylee's age at the time of her "abduction"
    All the above MHO ('specially since nobody asked!) but I'm wondering if the prosecution ASSUMED (and we all know what THAT does) that ANY jury would apply logic to the facts of the case and that given the facts presented, there was no need to "beat the drum" over & over again.
    Thank you for your comments - why THAT jury ignored the duct tape is still a head on desk banger for me - I doubt I wil ever really "get" it - or what happened in that jury room.....

Page 1 of 61 123456789101151 ... LastLast