DC DC - Joy Taplett, 15, NorthEast DC, 21 Sept 2012

hollye

Reaction score
15-Year-Old Girl Missing From Northeast DC

pesynazu.jpg

Joy Taplett was last seen in the 1800 block of Benning Road, NE. Police have classified her as a critical missing person.

Joy is described as a black female about 5'2" tall and between 110 and 120 pounds. She has brown eyes and black hair.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/224227/187/15-Year-Old-Girl-Missing-From-Northeast-DC

Why has this girl been missing for 2 weeks and we are just now hearing about it?

Seem like the only reason any of us locals are hearing about Joy is because of Bryan's case. I only found this because I was looking for info on his case. Why didn't this go out three weeks ago. So frustrating! There is little to no information on these cases. Then there was the woman who went missing SIX years ago whose remains were found off the Stafford exit of I95. I never heard about her case either!

Aww, SHe looks like a little 80s girl, with all her neon on! I probably looked much the same way ca. 1989 :giggle:

I know DC police are busy, but a 15 year old on the street is in danger, runaway past or no. They need to publicize these cases IMMEDIATELY, not wait a week or so before getting it out to the press. :sigh:

And I'm afraid, as usual, that missing children and adults of color get short shrift on media attention and police action too.

Come home soon, Joy. I hope you are somewhere safe and warm tonight. :rose:

CBS local is also reporting she is in need of medical attention.

I hope she is someplace WARM, as our temp here fell dramatically over the weekend to the 40s.

Yes, the northeast has gotten chilly. :(

I hope they have checked all her friends, I don't see a 15 year old going to a shelter, or anything like that. Someone has to know where she is, or have an idea.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back