1089 users online (189 members and 900 guests)  

Websleuths News

Elementary students try to hijack school bus

Friday, January 21, 2005 Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Three 11-year-old boys and a 10-year-old girl tried to hijack their school bus near Punxsutawney this morning.

State police said the four hatched the plot yesterday. Just after 8 a.m. today, one of the boys pulled a knife from a book bag and held it near another student. He demanded driver Janet McQuown, 52, stop and get off the bus.

A police new release says she pulled over along Pine Tree Church Road in Oliver Township and "the knife was removed from the juvenile's possession." It doesn't say how.

The bus, with the hijackers and about 40 other children, arrived safely at Mapleview Elementary, where the unnamed offenders were taken into custody.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05021/446225.stm

anyone else?

Does it worry anyone else what this new generation is becoming? At 10 and 11 yo if my driver would tell me what to do, I would do it and hadn't even found out yet that I could get mad about it. To try to order the driver around hadn't even occurred to me. Let alone to try to take a knife to school. It scares me to death to think what these kids will be like in another 10 yrs.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight