Canada - Need help figuring out a license plate from a blurry photo

UncoolNegated

Reaction score
Website
missingpersonscommentary.blogspot.com
Hello websleuths,

Recently (spring/summer of 2012) in my home city of Edmonton there have been a number of assaults against women in the Whyte Avenue area. Several attacks in the area appear to be linked by an MO (attack from behind, no weapon, victims hurt but lives not threatened).

Read more here.

I know a woman who saw someone behaving suspiciously one night in late June near Whyte Avenue. She and her boyfriend saw a man who was very interested in the footsteps of a woman heading toward a park. The suspicious man's license plate was photographed quickly but the picture came out very blurry as it was dark and the photographer wasn't settled. The police were told about the scenario with more details than what I have provided here. The police said they could see why the woman I know and her boyfriend felt compelled to tell them about what had been seen.

The suspicious man matched the description provided by those who had been attacked.

However the photo of the plate is very blurry for the last three digits. I wondered if any websleuth out there might be able to recommend ways of changing the photo around to somehow extract the last three digits. I've tried changing tints and stuff but all we know is the first three digits of the plate. All I have is standard photo editing software common to computers/laptops bought in the last few years.

I have the picture of the plate but I am not willing to post it in it's entirety because the individual might be innocent. If it's not against policy I'd like to crop the photo, keep the information regarding the first three digits to myself, and see if anyone can do anything with the last three digits.

Theres a programme out called blurity that can help de-blur pics,i think theres another 1 or 2 but cant recall the names sorry..

Cant you cut the pic so it is just the last 3 digits showing.Also if the info has gone to LE and they have a copy of the pic then im sure they would do what they could to identify the last 3 digits.

Cant you cut the pic so it is just the last 3 digits showing.Also if the info has gone to LE and they have a copy of the pic then im sure they would do what they could to identify the last 3 digits.

Yes - LE is the place where identification should be done. For now, we can sleuth the attacks and maybe see if the news media have any updates - BUT we cannot sleuth the innocent. So.... if the license is figured out, please DO NOT post it here and turn the info over to LE right away. When MSM or LE give us updates, then it can be discussed.

If you have questions, please let one of the Mods know and we will give you a hand.

Thanks!

Salem

Was March 20th a holiday of some kind in Canada? I noticed that all of the other dates are on weekends. I think they need to look for someone who is in another area during the week and just spends Friday night-Sunday in Edmonton. There must have been some reason for him to be there on the Mar. 20th too.

No March 20th was not a holiday in Edmonton.

Thanks for the response. I realized later that I had read my calendar wrong anyway; at least one other one was during the week too.:blushing:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back