650 users online (72 members and 578 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TX - Jami, 48, & Mallory Evans, 15, murdered in their Aledo home, 4 Oct 2012

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/10...#storylink=cpy

October 4, 2012

ANNETTA SOUTH -- A 17-year-old former Aledo High School student picked up the phone early Thursday and calmly told a 911 operator that he had fatally shot his mother and younger sister.

"I felt like they were just suffocating me, in a way," Jake Evans said. "Obviously, you know, I'm pretty, I guess, evil."

The 911 recording was released by the Parker County Sheriff's Department later Thursday during the investigation into the deaths of Evans' mother and 15-year-old sister, whose bodies were found inside their home in the 150 block of River Creek Lane.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/10...#storylink=cpy

The transcription of the 911 call is especially disturbing.

Senseless, motiveless. Just decided to kill them.

Sad beyond measure...

What is going on with our children? Our young people? A known nice kid from a nice family with no prior brushes with the law or psychological problems and he murders his mom and sister and isn't sure why?

He took the gun from his grandpop two weeks ago. Surely he could have also murdered his dad and other two sisters when they were all home. Why these two family members?

He obviously needed someone to talk to as he spoke so long with 911.

I wonder why they were both homeschooled once they were Sophmores? I wonder why they just changed Religions? Two things that stuck out to me.

Prayers for this family especially the grandpop. I can't imagine. No medication either except allergy meds.

He shot his sister, and then told her he was sorry as she was screaming. Then to quiet her he shot her in the head three times. Planning for two weeks to do this, but doesn't know why.

Not only beyond belief, but also beyond earthly comprehension.

What in the world is going on?!

Good thing the older sisters and his dad were not home, wonder where his Dad was?
    And wonder how he got a gun and what we will learn about his mental state leading up to this horrific event.
    His beautiful family torn apart, so sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by wondering? View Post
    Good thing the older sisters and his dad were not home, wonder where his Dad was?
    And wonder how he got a gun and what we will learn about his mental state leading up to this horrific event.
    His beautiful family torn apart, so sorry.
    The double slaying in the family’s upscale home in Aledo, about 20 miles west of Fort Worth, happened while Evans’ father was out of town on business and his two older sisters were not home.
    During a 25-minute call to a 911 operator that started about 12:30 a.m. Thursday, Evans calmly says he just shot his mother and sister with a .22 revolver. He answers “yes” when asked if he’s sure they are dead.
    I thought I read that it was his grandfather's gun, but don't see it in that article. I must have read it in another article.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...71a_story.html
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

I believe the Supreme Court has struck down LWOP as punishment for underage murderers. This case screams LWOP. What a scary person. Sadly he will probably get some measly juvie sentence and 'counseling'.
    Last edited by chicagofa13; 10-06-2012 at 12:00 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by chicagofa13 View Post
    I believe the Supreme Court has struck down LWOP as punishment for underage murderers. This case screams LWOP. What a scary person. Sadly he will probably get some measly juvie sentence and 'counseling'.
    As I recall, the justices decided that MANDATORY life without parole was unconstitutional for those under 18. The judge can still impose it, but he/she must take into account the defendant's age and the nature of the crime. It cannot be mandated by statute, with no discretion by the judge.

This as a particularly heinous crime, and the accused is almost an adult.
    I can't see this case being sent to juvenile court.

Here's a link to the full 911 audio:

http://soundcloud.com/christin-coyne...evans-911-call

Man. He sounds like a very nice kid, but clearly he has a 'dark side' that he was aware of for a while. He's been planning on 'killing' for a while? He really should have asked for help when he noticed that. It sounds like things could have gone really well had he had just done that

Maybe he needs some meds, maybe he has a personality disorder or something that gives him an unhealthy fantasy life, maybe he has past trauma that gave him a dark side, but this is a smart and lucid kid. He could've faced this problem. I'm sure he knew killing is just not acceptable, so no excuses. So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagofa13 View Post
    Those much younger than him are tried as adults day in and day out.
    I don't see this case going to juvenile court.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
    As I recall, the justices decided that MANDATORY life without parole was unconstitutional for those under 18. The judge can still impose it, but he/she must take into account the defendant's age and the nature of the crime. It cannot be mandated by statute, with no discretion by the judge.

This as a particularly heinous crime, and the accused is almost an adult.
    I can't see this case being sent to juvenile court.
    Thanks for the correction on mandatory LWOP.

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Those much younger than him are tried as adults day in and day out.
    I don't see this case going to juvenile court.
    You're right. I was just having a moment. The way some are coddled after heinous crimes. Although I do worry about this one setting up his insanity defense through that 911 call.
    Last edited by chicagofa13; 10-06-2012 at 04:01 AM. Reason: spelling

In a chilling 911 call, Texas teen Jake Evans spent 20 minutes calmly recounting how he shot and killed his mother and sister, calling himself "evil."

"It's weird," an even-voiced Evans told the 911 dispatcher. "I wasn't even really angry with them. It just kind of happened. I've been kind of planning on killing for a while now."

Evans, 17, of Parker County, Texas, was arrested after he called police early Thursday morning to report he had killed his mother Jami Evans, 48, and his 15-year-old sister Mallory Evans.

"I just thought it would be quick, you know? I didn't want them to feel any pain," he said. "That's why I used a gun, but it was like everything went wrong."

He has been charged with capital murder, according to court documents, and is being held without bond.

Evans did not give a specific reason for the killings, but said that he didn't "really like people's attitudes" and said people were "verbally rude to each other."

"I guess this is really selfish to say, but to me, I felt like they were just suffocating me in a way," he said calmly. "I don't know.Obviously, you know, I'm pretty, I guess, evil."

He told the operator that he told his sister that his mother needed to see her. When his sister came out of her room, Evan said he shot her. She rolled down the stairs and he shot her again, he said.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-teen-...ry?id=17407314
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

I woke up to read this on my phone this morning. This kid is chilling, so cold. His biggest concern was weather there was something they can give him so he won't have nightmares.

That was chilling. He is only 3 years older than my son. Scares the daylights out of me.

That dispatcher deserves kudos for staying calm and detached....my sister was a 911 dispatcher for 15 years and I still don't know how they do it!!
    TEN - am I crazy??? 2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017 Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure Walker....
    http://www.the3day.org/goto/3daywalker

Your source for Scentsy...PM me for more info!

Quiet, very nice, kept to himself. Gee, where have I heard that before?
    Just my opinion

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast