GUILTY PA - Three men for sexual assault of 15yo girl, Philadelphia, 2012

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Warning extremely disturbing, and violent.

A 15 year old girl walking to her dad's home was abducted off the streets of Upper Darby and raped for days by three men. Three grown men.

Thankfully the girl was able to escape and a good Samaritan helped her. She led police to the location and her clothing was found at the scene.

Poor kid. May she at some point find some kind of healing and peace.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Upper-Darby-Terror-Rape-172647711.html

Three arrested and held on bond. Mugshots at link

What is wrong with this judge? 36 counts each if rape?
Her family must be beside themselves, I know I would be!

What is wrong with this judge? 36 counts each if rape?
Her family must be beside themselves, I know I would be!

Exactly what I said when I read there was bail for the three men who should never be allowed to walk among civilized society ever again.

:anguish: That poor girl. Sending prayers to her and her family.

March 2014 trial:

Frank Zarrilli, representing Kesselly, noted the girl had smoked a cigar paper rolled with marijuana on the night of her alleged abduction, insinuating she might have willingly gone with the men to score more marijuana or to avoid coming home smelling of the drug, which she denied. He also asked why the girl did not bolt from the car or call out to the drive-thru attendant, to which the alleged victim replied that she was scared...

Also testifying was Jeanne Rybarczyk, a registered nurse at CHOP who performed the girl's examination. Rybarczyk said the alleged victim was quiet, but did not have any bruises lacerations or abrasions or any visible signs of trauma.

She told Boggs that CHOP only sees trauma in about 20 percent of cases, however, so the lack of injuries to the pelvic area was not unusual.

http://www.delcotimes.com/general-news/20140328/attorneys-question-alleged-victim-in-rape-trial

The girl, now 17, testified last week that Johnson and Kulah grabbed her and put her in a car driven by Kesselly. The three then took turns having sex with her over the next three days, she said.

During her captivity, the girl said Kesselly took her through a McDonald's drive-thru at 69th Street and then to his friend's house for a shower before bringing her back to the apartment, where he and the other men continued to rape her.

On the morning of Sept. 30, the alleged victim said she was finally left alone in the apartment. She said she grabbed her phone, keys and cash that had been in her jeans off a dresser before running out the door and calling her father...

Friel also pointed out that her client was staying in the Long Lane apartment to recover from recent surgery associated with end-stage renal failure. He would have been too weak to move, let alone wrestle a struggling victim into a car and then rape her over the next three days, said Friel.

But Assistant District Attorney Christopher Boggs noted DNA analysis of swabs taken from the shorts, and the girl's perianal area, thigh and groin tested positive for Kulah's DNA. Kulah had also claimed in a statement to police that he was released from the hospital at about 8 p.m. Sept. 29, when he had in fact been released two days earlier, said Boggs.

Upper Darby Detective Brad Ross said Johnson told him that he picked up a girl alone on the night of Sept. 28 and brought her willingly to the Long Lane apartment, where he slept with her that night.

http://www.delcotimes.com/general-news/20140402/upper-darby-rapekidnapping-trial-goes-to-jury

April 2014:

Three men facing rape, kidnap and conspiracy charges were cleared of nearly all wrongdoing by a jury of 10 men and two women following a day of deliberations Thursday.

Eddie Johnson, 37, of the 2000 block of Bonaffon Street in Philadelphia, Alfred Kulah, 35, and Mortimah Kesselly, 41, both of the 500 block of Long Lane in Upper Darby, were each found not guilty in the alleged abduction and rape of a 15-year-old girl over three days in September 2012...

Three men facing rape, kidnap and conspiracy charges were cleared of nearly all wrongdoing by a jury of 10 men and two women following a day of deliberations Thursday.

Eddie Johnson, 37, of the 2000 block of Bonaffon Street in Philadelphia, Alfred Kulah, 35, and Mortimah Kesselly, 41, both of the 500 block of Long Lane in Upper Darby, were each found not guilty in the alleged abduction and rape of a 15-year-old girl over three days in September 2012..

Assistant District Attorney Christopher Boggs countered that it made no sense to accuse these men of such severe crimes, and would have taken a herculean effort to make up this story, then keep it going for a year and a half. Boggs also noted that swabs taken from the alleged victim's groin and perianal area indicated a positive match for Kesselly's and Kulah's DNA.

Kulah had denied ever having sex with the girl in a statement to police, but Kesselly and Johnson both admitted having consensual intercourse with her in their statements.

http://www.delcotimes.com/general-n...ion-of-15-year-old-convicted-of-other-charges

June 2014:

Three men convicted in April on charges of statutory sexual assault for having sex with a 15-year-old girl in Sept. 2012 each were given county sentences of one year less one day to two years less one day in prison...

All three defense attorneys noted their clients already have been in prison for 21 months. They are also in the country illegally and will almost certainly be deported back to Liberia upon completing their sentences.

http://www.delcotimes.com/general-n...h-15-year-old-girl-sentenced-to-county-prison

That's disgusting that happened, and they pretty much go away with it..

Very interesting how the story unfolded, Rayemonde. I was surprised the parents did not appear to be looking for her prior to her 'escape.' Or perhaps it was just not reported. Based on reading the info on this thread, I believe the sentence was fair. Now ship 'em back to their legal home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SGS3030
Back