1246 users online (227 members and 1019 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74
Results 1,096 to 1,099 of 1099
    belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by HeinekenMan View Post
    Can anyone tell me what "checking" out the local RSOs might entail? Obviously, police officers can ask to search a home. But, without a warrant, it seems like even an RSO doesn't have to comply. Assuming the RSO did let the police in, how thorough would you expect the search to be? I mean, if you have a hunch, is that enough to fingerprint a car, check in the attic? It seems like the police would be very limited in what they can do.

I say all this with the suspicion that Jessica has never left that neighborhood. I think she's still there within a block or two of her home. I hope and pray that she's okay. But my heart is breaking all over again.

By the way, I understand why they don't want people sleuthing RSOs. Lawsuits are expensive.
    bbm

That's what I was thinking and that the placement of the 'bag' is a red herring.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Can anyone tell me what "checking" out the local RSOs might entail? Obviously, police officers can ask to search a home. But, without a warrant, it seems like even an RSO doesn't have to comply. Assuming the RSO did let the police in, how thorough would you expect the search to be? I mean, if you have a hunch, is that enough to fingerprint a car, check in the attic? It seems like the police would be very limited in what they can do.

I say all this with the suspicion that Jessica has never left that neighborhood. I think she's still there within a block or two of her home. I hope and pray that she's okay. But my heart is breaking all over again.

By the way, I understand why they don't want people sleuthing RSOs. Lawsuits are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post
    I don't know how it works with RSO but when i was on probation for something minor many years ago.. One night about 3 months into it, my PO knocked on my door at 2 am and searched my home. He was making sure i was home and making sure i had no alcohol in it as well. He went through my closets, cupboards, fridge, basement garage.. not with a fine tooth comb.. .but pretty darn close. When i signed up for my probation at the office i signed papers acknowledging that i gave them the right to search and do home checks and stuff.
    This is one of my pet peeves! Peeples is correct, they can do a pretty thorough search whether the RSO agrees or not. The problem is that so often, the contact is left up to a probation officer or regular patrol officer who has a list of RSO's to check in a short amount of time. Sometimes, they just knock on the door, ask the RSO where he was and, unless the dude is obviously drunk or covered in blood, we're lucky if they do more than a cursory walk-thru! All the RSO has to do is change clothes and hide the kid in a closet or under the laundry and he's got a pretty good chance of getting "cleared" unless they have some reason to come back and take a closer look.

I am basing my opinion on other cases we've seen with RSO's who've continued to re-offend for years only to find out that the probation officers has very little contact with them at all. Jaycee Dugard's captor is one of them. Other children have been found dead in their homes even after police have "searched" two and three times. John Cooey had a little girl alive in his closet when police searched his home and she ended up buried in his yard!

I love police officers! I am "police family", I see first hand that they work hard and do their best, and risk their lives for the rest of us! The way RSO's are so quickly "cleared" just leaves so much room for error. They need to search everywhere that a small child's body could be hidden and be keenly aware of details such as items belonging to the child. Search Rso's vehicles, outbuildings, attic, crawl spaces, junk in the yard and trash! Look closely at their fingernails, photograph any fresh scratches too!

MOO

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    warning bell: this thread will close in five minutes.. move on over to thread 2

ACTIVE SEARCH CO - **AMBER ALERT** Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 06-09-2016 at 02:22 PM. Reason: broken link

There is speculation that someone dumped the back pack to lead the trail away from the neighborhood. I have a person on my radar. It's an RSO. But, apparently, we are not allowed to sleuth RSOs. So my post last night was removed with no explanation.

The rules for sleuthing RSOs are right here: New Rules on Sex Offenders and Rumors - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If you have futher questions, please pm a Mod and we will help you out.

Thanks,

Salem
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 06-09-2016 at 02:21 PM. Reason: broken link

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74