OK OK - Michelle Crawford, 21, Lawton, 8 Jun 1999

jodierenee

websleuth addict
Reaction score
I can't believe there is not a thread here for dear Michelle, so I am starting one. Not much info out there about her..she went to the movies one night and never came back.

Vital Statistics

• Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 125 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde, shoulder-length hair; blue eyes. Fair complexion.
  • Marks, Scars: Heart surgery.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Michelle Crawford from Lawton, Oklahoma has been missing since June 8, 1999. She she left home to see a movie on that night.
Her car with her personal effects was found on June 13 in Lawton, OK.
Michelle was a Junior in College in Lawton, an "A" student, and worked at the Gibsons department store when not in school.

Her Parent's Find Michelle Ebay Page:
http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=mastertech01

Doe Network Link:
http://doenetwork.org/cases/1769dfok.html

NAMUS Link:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14428/0/

Bumping for a missing local. I was too young to know about this disappearance when it happened......So sad.... Wish there was more info available though. Like which movie theater she was headed to? At the time there were two theaters...one of which has shut down and remains vacant to this day. Did she ever make it to the theater I wonder? And where was her car found at?

While I know it's certainly possible, I would have to say it's not typical to go to the movies alone, especially not a 21-year-old. Do they know if Michelle were meeting someone there?

Bumping for Michelle.

michelle1j.png

I happened across Michelle's case and added her to my tagline because her case raises SO many unanswered questions, including the ones that you posted.
Did she actually reach the movie theatre, what was the movie, was she meeting someone there? Were the theatre staff interviewed, were video cameras in the parking lot? Did Michelle have a boyfriend or had she recently broken up with someone who did not take the breakup well? Did she meet someone online and plan to meet at the theatre? I read in one article where her purse and personal items were found in the car, maybe she decided to leave for some reason and start a new life elsewhere?
As a female, the only time I leave my purse behind is if I am helping a friend move and I will be carrying boxes, furniture, etc. Does anyone else do the same? Are there other occasions where you won't take your purse?
If Michelle went to the movies, maybe she left her purse because it is hard to balance popcorn, a soft drink, napkins, straw, plus a purse?
I know the officer originally assigned to Michelle's case now works in a different area of the PD-when I spoke to him a few months ago, he was very helpful and he is still interested in trying to solve it-he thinks about it constantly and wants to know what happened.

It's so sad how little information is available on her. So strange.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was looking on the Oklahoma state police MP site today. The MPs are listed in alphabetical order by their last names. Michelle is no longer there, but there is an empty box where her name and photo would appear. I am wondering if she was located........... bumping for Michelle.............

Bumping for Michelle. Local to Lawton. I remember when she went missing.

Michelle Deanne Crawford – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Michelle Deanne Crawford
  • michelle_d._crawford_1.jpg
  • michelle_d._crawford_2.jpg
Crawford, circa 1999

• Missing Since06/08/1999
  • Missing FromLawton, Oklahoma
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Age21 years old
  • Height and Weight5'3, 125 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionPossibly denim shorts and black open-strap sandals.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Crawford has a surgical scar in the center of her chest and two surgical scars on her abdomen from a heart operation when she was an infant.
Details of Disappearance
Crawford was last seen in Lawton, Oklahoma at 11:00 p.m. on June 8, 1999. She lived with her parents in the 2200 block of northwest Lincoln Avenue at the time. She told her family members that she planned to go to the movies with a friend that evening. She has never been heard from again.

Crawford's parents found her gray four-door 1986 Honda Accord parked crookedly in the 1100 block of east Gore Boulevard, between the Best Western Hotel and Montego Bay Apartments, on June 13. Her purse and other belongings were in the backseat of the car, and all the doors were locked except the front driver's side door. There was no sign of her at the scene.

Crawford had only two close friends, according to her parents, and neither of them had plans to go with her to movies the night of her disappearance. Since she went missing her bank account has not been touched.

Crawford was a junior at Cameron University in 1999; she majored in English and made good grades, and had earned a full scholarship for the next semester of school. She was also employed part-time at Gibsons' Department Store in Lawton. Her family describes her as a generous, responsible, hard-working person and it is uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning.

There's a theory that Crawford's remains are buried on privately owned land in the Mountain View, Oklahoma area. Foul play is suspected in her case, which remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Lawton Police Department 580-581-3250
Source Information

That's a rather interesting statement to make, without providing any further explanation or detail. What makes them think this?
It makes me think that the police do not do their job well they wait so many years to dig or search in depth in a field they postpone everything poor girl has all the earmarks of having been raped and murdered I hope with all my heart that one day the truth is known

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back