1174 users online (158 members and 1016 guests)  

Websleuths News

Looking at baby animals can improve your concentration

From now on, if your boss complains that you spend too much time reading e-mail filled with cute animal photos you can show him/her this study and prove that it actually improves your work performance

Seeing pictures of cute animals may boost workers' performance in jobs that require concentration, a team at Hiroshima University has shown.
    Researchers also found that people who looked at pictures of baby animals performed better than those who looked at adult animals.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...e-8199531.html

And because you may need some help right now:

http://imagecache6.allposters.com/LR...4/7ZBCD00Z.jpg

Love the excuse, lol....baby animals and nature pics are my uplift everyday!

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

What would be even better is if we were allowed baby animals in the work place. Wait, that might be a distraction. I'd be willing to be a study for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    What would be even better is if we were allowed baby animals in the work place. Wait, that might be a distraction. I'd be willing to be a study for it though.
    Anyone wanting to make a study of that - you have volunteer no.2 right here

Oh so cute

I have a calendar with baby animals right beside my desk ... it doesn't help. I think I need the real thing.