874 users online (163 members and 711 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    I will be working on a new thread... be back in a bit with the link...

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    Good morning scorekeeper and fellow sleuths! I am so glad to see the tweets in Spanish too. I, like all of you, am praying for Jessica to be found safe and sound.

This tweet basically says ..........

More than 72 hours has passed since Jessica R****** 10 years old is missing from her 3 wards. (CUADRA means Stable, Hall or Ward, so I'm 'assuming' that this refers to Jessica's mom, aunt and grandmother?)

OT Great seeing you all here for Jessica. I took a break from WS after following Micky Shunick's case.

wm
    BBM

Not that it's really important, but the translation I got was that more than 72 hours has passed since Jessica R******* 10 years old went missing from those 3 blocks, or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilynilpa View Post
    I kind of feel likes it's a sick joke, hearing once again that an abductor drives a white van.

I wonder if LE will ask people in Jessica's neighborhood if they remember seeing a white van. I know LE has asked for people to report anything suspicious, but maybe seeing a white van didn't seem out of the ordinary at the time. JMO
    BBM

In the picture of her standing at the door, there's a white van parked across the street. I'd guess it wouldn't seem too out of place to see one around.
    Every murderer is someone's old friend ... Agatha Christie

new thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187222"]ACTIVE SEARCH CO - AMBER ALERT: Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

this one will close shortly..

I kind of feel likes it's a sick joke, hearing once again that an abductor drives a white van.

I wonder if LE will ask people in Jessica's neighborhood if they remember seeing a white van. I know LE has asked for people to report anything suspicious, but maybe seeing a white van didn't seem out of the ordinary at the time. JMO
    There are so many white vans and pickups in the world -- they're the standard vehicle for independent contractors of all kinds, from catsitters to painters to window cleaners to the guy who just finished blowing out our sprinkler system for the winter. And 99.999% of them are just people trying to make a living.

For what it's worth, the child molester caught luring children not far from us last spring was driving a newish Cadillac sedan...
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

I just read the article that the Cody PD released and it didn't say white van, it said white SUV with 2 seats in front and a mattress in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    ErinGrrrl, guess, he could be sending a subliminal message; taunting.
    Deflection..
    Playing the odds that it would not be tied to Jessica's abduction due to other children playing in the area, as well as the distance/jurisdiction where the abduction occurred.

Sure hope that the proximity of the backpack to the Rochester murder location was only a coincidence..
    Dec 6, 2011 Stephanie Rochester http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1131305.html

ErinGrrrl, sexual predators have many similar traits. The one trait that they all seem to have is the ability to confuse..
    I still think there's a very good chance that backpack was dumped somewhere else less conspicuous and brought to that location by a neighbor, probably a kid, thinking they were doing somebody a favor by fetching their backpack from the ditch, backyard, etc. where it was really dumped.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by Tracey4AU View Post
    Twitter

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
    Historical stats show that 40-60% of individuals do not realize they may have witnessed something related to an abduction. #jessicaridgeway

I just thought this was interesting....
    Tracey4AU, guess you 'Can't connect the dots if you don't collect the dots'...

I would like to salute the Westminister PD for their proactive professionalism and transparency in the Jessica Ridgeway investigation. The American public is the most valuable resource in missing persons investigations.

Awareness is the key in missing persons investigations, imo.

Below is an analogy shared by Janice Smolinski; a Mother of a missing/murder victim; Billy Smolinski(CT). Her shattered crystal vase analogy is to stress the importance of communication/awareness among the American public and other investigative agencies.

Imo, sharing info with the public via the MS Media is also very critical to overcome jurisdictional linkage blindness in abductions and other missing/murdered person's investigations. The public is analogous to a security camera across the entire US landscape.

http://waterburyobserver.org/node/402

Shattered Crystal Vase Theory

Picture the murder of Billy Smolinski as a crystal vase. Hold it in your hands. Spin it around. Now drop it on the kitchen floor and watch it shatter into a thousand pieces. Each shard of glass represents a clue...
    Read more....

move on over folks... this is the five minute warning bell.

danke, thank you, and gracias!

I'm bumping my post and making sure everyone understands this is a WARNING: Lay off the family.

Apparently some posters missed this last night - so this is a final reminder!

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Guys - let's lay off the "talking to media" and any family insinuations for now. If that changes, we will revisit the issue.

Thanks,

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    I still think there's a very good chance that backpack was dumped somewhere else less conspicuous and brought to that location by a neighbor, probably a kid, thinking they were doing somebody a favor by fetching their backpack from the ditch, backyard, etc. where it was really dumped.

Very possible, carbuff.. Thank goodness that the good samaritan sent out the community email and the dots were connected. The backpack may be the key to solving the Jessica Ridgeway case...

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    move on over folks... this is the five minute warning bell.

danke, thank you, and gracias!
    move over to thread 3

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58