How did the McCanns dispose of the body - how did they do it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gord

Reaction score
The majority of the posters on this forum as far as I can see feel that the mccanns were complicit in their daughters disappearance either through disposal and cover up to pre planned murder .

I have never beleived that they were complicit because I could never for the life of me see how they could have disposed of the body to such a manner in such a time slot that nothing was ever traced - nothing. T

When the PJ did begin to search in earnest they used hundreds of police men = dozens of blood hounds and tracker dogs - but not a trace .

So how did they do it? what are the theories and timeline able to either hide a body locally and then transfer the body in the hire car weeks later ( if we are being consistent with the cadaver dog findings ) or dispose of it that evening to such an extent that Gerry and Kate were able to carry out the charade of the abduction.

Bodies dont just dissapear - especialy hidden ones - they usually do eventualy get discovered . Interested to hear what people think

The majority of the posters on this forum as far as I can see feel that the mccanns were complicit in their daughters disappearance either through disposal and cover up to pre planned murder .

I have never beleived that they were complicit because I could never for the life of me see how they could have disposed of the body to such a manner in such a time slot that nothing was ever traced - nothing. T

When the PJ did begin to search in earnest they used hundreds of police men = dozens of blood hounds and tracker dogs - but not a trace .

So how did they do it? what are the theories and timeline able to either hide a body locally and then transfer the body in the hire car weeks later ( if we are being consistent with the cadaver dog findings ) or dispose of it that evening to such an extent that Gerry and Kate were able to carry out the charade of the abduction.

Bodies dont just dissapear - especialy hidden ones - they usually do eventualy get discovered . Interested to hear what people think
A 3 year old would be incredibly easy to stuff into a bag and hide in so many places - they're so small. :(

There are literally dozens of cases - some spanning decades - of children 'missing' whose bodies have never been located. Ayla Reynolds, Sky Metalwala, Aaliyah Lunsford, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Baby Kate, Baby Gabriel, Bianca Jones are just a handful of cases from recent years. Even Caylee Anthony went undiscovered for several months when her body lay less than 1/4 mile from her home.

It happens. Children are so small - evidence can disintegrate so quickly - and parents are one of very few checks and balances for younger children. When complicit in their children's disappearance it is far easier for them to manipulate a timeline than if that child is also exposed to school, daycare, other relatives, scouts, etc.

JMO and FWIW

ETA: I think it also important to cite April Jones. She was reported missing almost immediately and SAR teams poured into Wales in an attempt to locate her. The response was incredibly fast and yet, a week later, she still hasn't been located.

I agree that she is small and could be hidden anywhere - but to avoid even dogs searching ?

The comparison to April Jones is interesting - whilst we do not yet know the outcome - the perpertrator had a car and at least 12 hours + to hide /dispose of a body in a vast area

The Mccanns had no vehicle so they were not going to go far and only a n hour or two at most ( less by some time lines )

Plus how on earth di they manage to retrieve the body from the hiding place and then transfer to the hire car many weeks later -

I thought the McCanns did have a vehicle? they apparently left the boot open due to the smell inside. A Renault Scenic I believe?

I thought the McCanns did have a vehicle? they apparently left the boot open due to the smell inside. A Renault Scenic I believe?

That was the hire car that they hired weeks afterwards they didnt have a car at the time of the holiday - none of the party did .

I agree that she is small and could be hidden anywhere - but to avoid even dogs searching ?

The comparison to April Jones is interesting - whilst we do not yet know the outcome - the perpertrator had a car and at least 12 hours + to hide /dispose of a body in a vast area

The Mccanns had no vehicle so they were not going to go far and only a n hour or two at most ( less by some time lines )

Plus how on earth di they manage to retrieve the body from the hiding place and then transfer to the hire car many weeks later -
Only he didn't have 12 hours plus. The search for April began immediately and continued throughout the night.

You're assuming the McCann's et al have been honest and forthright in their interpretation of a timeline but if they are involved it would behoove them to manipulate it. In all cases of 'missing' children I automatically throw out any last seen time by a family member. It needs, really, to be an independent third party that establishes a corresponding timeline. The reason I say this is because research indicates parents to be responsible for somewhere between 60-80% of child homicides (depending on the study). It doesn't mean, of course, that all murdered children are killed by someone they love but it does help illustrate how truly rare stranger-to-stranger child homicides are. The rule of thumb is also that the younger the child the more likely there is familial involvement due to decreased opportunity to encounter 'outside' perpetrators.

IIRC the last independent witness to see Maddie was half past five (if I remember that too has been debated though). That opens the timeline, and the potential for parental involvement, exponentially. Within a 20 minute walk from my home I can think of at least a dozen spots I could stash a bag - a few are flytips locals would pay little interest to - some are heavily wooded; a culvert; abandoned industrial; skips; vacated buildings; etc.

The Smiths saw Gerry McCann walking away with Madeleine's body.

The McCanns had spent every day in PDL on solitary pursuits, without their children. They had both jogged over the local terrain several times and knew it reasonably well. There were a million nooks and crannies she could be hidden in on the beach alone, and some of those areas became inaccessible at high tide.

It is important to note that the police search was pretty well called off by 2am and the McCanns were left alone from then on.

They admit they went for an early morning walk the next day, alone together. I would suggest that that was when they hid Madeleine's body better, perhaps burying it.

Indications are that the body may have been moved several times, also refrigerated or frozen at some point.

Bear in mind that the locals in PDL were very helpful to Kate and Gerry, offering them access to their properties and vehicles, including the local church and priest who has now distanced himself from the McCanns completely.

The only way they did this is if the whole group was involved .They would have found evidence, something .The biggest way i say that the whole group had to be involved is simply time thier wasn't enough time for them to be alone while they got rid of her they had other kids someone woulda noticed them .They needed the others help to dispose of her body and i just don't believe that all of them would have kept quiet as time has passed . Thier just wasn't enough time for the parents to have gotten rid of her on thier own..

They did find evidence. They found cadaverine.

If you read the April Jones thread a man has been arrested and charged with murder based (apparently) on the same sort of evidence - cadaverine yet no body.

:pullhair:

You can also not state "the parents didn't have time" as we now know that the Tapas 7 lied about the events of the evening.

There is no other way to frame it. They lied, and they were caught out, so they went scurrying back to the UK and their high priced lawyer friends, and now none of them can remember a thing.

Amazing.

I don't believe everyone was involved. I believe, like many of us, some people choose to believe the best of their friends. Would anyone of us want to admit we're friends with people who could harm - much less kill - a baby? It'd be difficult for me to fathom.

Regardless, if I am remembering correctly (and if I'm not someone will correct me) there was only one person of the group to state he saw Maddie after the daycare worker. This is suspect to me because it wasn't ever mentioned at his first interview when, presumably, events of the evening would be 'fresher'. So...I'm left with the 5:30 sighting which leaves roughly 3 hours.

It takes minutes to strangle or suffocate a human being. I, and Sapphire, have attempted to illustrate that tossing a bag into a nook, cranny, or dumpsite could take under an hour - even on foot - so how long is "enough" time?

As far as evidence goes...if every crime scene contained DNA, fingerprints, fibres, etc. we'd be able to clear away a whole lot of 'missing' kids cases.

The last person to allegedly sight Madeleine was David Payne, the possible child molester.

Another sweet little coincidence.

This is an example of the McCanns LIES. This visit was never in any timeline originally (even on Maddy's sticker book), nor mentioned by any of the Tapas 7 at all at the time.

:what: I hadn't heard that about David Payne. (Thanks for reminding me of his name!)

FTR: I don't unequivocally, without a doubt believe the McCann's did murder Maddie but I do wholeheartedly, absolutely think she was murdered by someone she knew. Whether it's the parents, or someone close to them, I just don't know.

All the coincidences that would have to occur in order to facilitate a stranger abduction just bends my mind too far. That being said I also vehemently reject the belief they're entirely innocent based simply on appearances or actions. MOO

I agree that if the parents killed her (or found her deceased), the body was probably hidden and/or disposed of much earlier in the evening, before the group went out for dinner. Who would think anything of a father carrying an apparently sleeping child down to the beach or along a pathway, for example? I do think that the most likely possibility is that her body is in the ocean now.

The response of the cadaver dogs to the car's trunk is puzzling to me; I find it hard to imagine that they moved the body into the car after hiding it somewhere earlier but I suppose it is possible. I wondered if the scent might have transferred from her body to the parents' clothes and the clothes were later put in the trunk?

Dogs are good at searching but are not magicians. If Madeleine was being carried, it would be much harder for them to find her scent and track where she was taken - it wouldn't be on the ground, as it would if she was walking, but would be in the air and easily blown away in the wind.

The photos of the area seem to show many places where a small child's body could be hidden. And certainly the McCann's had time.

Tink

I do wonder if the rush to set out a timeline for the evening was in part an attempt to distract investigators from the possibility of the parents hiding their daughter's body earlier in the evening. It seems to me to be a very odd thing that the Tapas group almost immediately sat down to write out a timeline of their comings and goings from the restaurant that evening. Why? If you think a child has been kidnapped (as Kate says she did immediately), why does it matter what the "baby-listening" schedule was? Why aren't you out there searching for the child? Clearly, since Gerry had so recently checked and found everything fine, the kidnapper had just a few minutes head start, right? So why were the people in the group sitting around discussing who checked at which apartments and when instead of heading out to search?

Even if they thought it would be helpful to police to give a time frame for the abduction, all that would actually matter would be what time Gerry (the last person to check before Kate) did his check.

It makes more sense if this was intended to be a distraction from the possibility that Madeleine had been long gone by the time her parents went to dinner.

Tink

I do wonder if the rush to set out a timeline for the evening was in part an attempt to distract investigators from the possibility of the parents hiding their daughter's body earlier in the evening. It seems to me to be a very odd thing that the Tapas group almost immediately sat down to write out a timeline of their comings and goings from the restaurant that evening. Why? If you think a child has been kidnapped (as Kate says she did immediately), why does it matter what the "baby-listening" schedule was? Why aren't you out there searching for the child? Clearly, since Gerry had so recently checked and found everything fine, the kidnapper had just a few minutes head start, right? So why were the people in the group sitting around discussing who checked at which apartments and when instead of heading out to search?

Even if they thought it would be helpful to police to give a time frame for the abduction, all that would actually matter would be what time Gerry (the last person to check before Kate) did his check.

It makes more sense if this was intended to be a distraction from the possibility that Madeleine had been long gone by the time her parents went to dinner.

Tink

Absolutely. God forbid the McCanns would actually stay in that evening with their children, which would have negated any need for complicated checks at all.

No, they were not going to miss out on their Tapas, crying distressed children or not.

Let alone the fact that one of the "checks" was a joke, with Madeleine allegedly already "taken" by the time Oldfield did his "check", during which he failed to actually check anything...

:banghead:

Only he didn't have 12 hours plus. The search for April began immediately and continued throughout the night.

You're assuming the McCann's et al have been honest and forthright in their interpretation of a timeline but if they are involved it would behoove them to manipulate it. In all cases of 'missing' children I automatically throw out any last seen time by a family member. It needs, really, to be an independent third party that establishes a corresponding timeline. The reason I say this is because research indicates parents to be responsible for somewhere between 60-80% of child homicides (depending on the study). It doesn't mean, of course, that all murdered children are killed by someone they love but it does help illustrate how truly rare stranger-to-stranger child homicides are. The rule of thumb is also that the younger the child the more likely there is familial involvement due to decreased opportunity to encounter 'outside' perpetrators.

IIRC the last independent witness to see Maddie was half past five (if I remember that too has been debated though). That opens the timeline, and the potential for parental involvement, exponentially. Within a 20 minute walk from my home I can think of at least a dozen spots I could stash a bag - a few are flytips locals would pay little interest to - some are heavily wooded; a culvert; abandoned industrial; skips; vacated buildings; etc.

April went missing at 7.30 in the evening - yes the search started then - but Bridger wasnt arrested until the following morning and then he could have travelled miles - butthe police have released very little about this case - we do not know what he has said or what evidence they have. We will have to wait on that the rest is just specualtion

I agree that if you think hard you can hide a body quickly - but at night when it is dark . Noone is mentioning the blood dogs the PJ had - why are the cadaver dogs the only ones that matter. The PJ also had hundreds of officers first light searching all of these places - with dogs as well

They did find evidence. They found cadaverine.

If you read the April Jones thread a man has been arrested and charged with murder based (apparently) on the same sort of evidence - cadaverine yet no body.

:pullhair:

You can also not state "the parents didn't have time" as we now know that the Tapas 7 lied about the events of the evening.

There is no other way to frame it. They lied, and they were caught out, so they went scurrying back to the UK and their high priced lawyer friends, and now none of them can remember a thing.

Amazing.

without opening the cadaverine saga here - yes the dogs alerted - but no evidence of Maddy - again the dogs allerted to the hire car - is that just a little mistake ? or did they transfer her weeks later .

I am not sure where you are getting your informtion about April but I have seen no release from the police about cadaver scents or anything yet

the mcanns are not magicians who can fool police forces , blood hounds, media moguls , etc etc

I don't believe everyone was involved. I believe, like many of us, some people choose to believe the best of their friends. Would anyone of us want to admit we're friends with people who could harm - much less kill - a baby? It'd be difficult for me to fathom.

Regardless, if I am remembering correctly (and if I'm not someone will correct me) there was only one person of the group to state he saw Maddie after the daycare worker. This is suspect to me because it wasn't ever mentioned at his first interview when, presumably, events of the evening would be 'fresher'. So...I'm left with the 5:30 sighting which leaves roughly 3 hours.

It takes minutes to strangle or suffocate a human being. I, and Sapphire, have attempted to illustrate that tossing a bag into a nook, cranny, or dumpsite could take under an hour - even on foot - so how long is "enough" time?

As far as evidence goes...if every crime scene contained DNA, fingerprints, fibres, etc. we'd be able to clear away a whole lot of 'missing' kids cases.

I agree it could take minutes - Gerry also has an alibi of playing tennis until about 7 - - tghere has never been any sightings of any of the mcanns leaving the falt with a bundle - on foot towards where ?

Anything is possible as we found in the abduction scenario but just cant see it - cant see how they then went through the whole charade of being freshly dressed - chatting to people , having drinks a meal - wjilst they had just either killed their daughter - put her in a bag and chucked the body in a dumpster or a stream -

April went missing at 7.30 in the evening - yes the search started then - but Bridger wasnt arrested until the following morning and then he could have travelled miles - butthe police have released very little about this case - we do not know what he has said or what evidence they have. We will have to wait on that the rest is just specualtion

I agree that if you think hard you can hide a body quickly - but at night when it is dark . Noone is mentioning the blood dogs the PJ had - why are the cadaver dogs the only ones that matter. The PJ also had hundreds of officers first light searching all of these places - with dogs as well
That's exactly why I mentioned the April Jones case though. Like in Portugal there was a concerted initial effort en masse yet no sign of a missing (or even murdered) child in those first few hours when they had the best chance of recovery. Despite a quick response, massive police presence, SAR dogs and teams, community searchers, etc.

To my mind it neither condemns nor exonerates the McCanns though.

I don't believe one must 'think hard' to hide a body personally. I doubt Casey Anthony put much thought in disposing Caylee just down the block from her home. I believe it was a convenient spot she knew not many people traversed and most importantly she got lucky. When the dumpsite was initially searched it was under water due to recent tropical storms. Caylee was left lying undiscovered for several more months with untold evidence destroyed during that time. Casey Anthony was acquitted much to the dismay and chagrin of many who'd spent years following Caylee's story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail