KS KS - Great Bend / Dundee area attacks on women, 1973-1976

morf13

Ver. Insider Golden State Killer & Zodiac Killer
Reaction score
Back in the mid 70's around the Great Bend/ Dundee area of Kansas, there were multiple women that were attacked while driving at night. The M.O. was similar in each case. A man would drive up behind them and flash his lights or blow his horn in an effort to get them to pull over. He would tell them that their rear tire was wobbling and about to fall off. He would offer to assist them by fixing it or by offering them a ride. Although there was some sexual element to the attcks (disrobing of one of the females),there was no rape or robbery. In at least one case, the man used a gun. There was also a sketch made of this guy. Anybody familiar with this case, or the M.O. ? Any addl details are appreciated,thanks

Attachments

• barton1.jpg
    barton1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 20
  • barton2.jpg
    barton2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 13
  • barton3.jpg
    barton3.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 13
  • barton4.jpg
    barton4.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 14
I should point out, that these cases happened in the state of Kansas

Thanks for this thread, morf13. I'm a native Kansan and was certainly living there and reading the newspapers during those years, and I can't remember ever hearing about these attacks, though I may have simply forgotten.

Thanks for the reply. I am hoping that somebody will remember these cases. I hope to find that an arrest was made.

At least I've remembered that one of my best friends would have been living near Great Bend in that time period - so I called him up and asked if he remembered them. He said he did, vaguely (and in the discussion I think I began to recall his telling me of them at the time - maybe!) but that he and his wife and child (my goddaughter actually) had moved back to our KS hometown before any resolvement of the cases had been made. Can't find anything online yet either re: arrest or no arrest; still looking.

At least I've remembered that one of my best friends would have been living near Great Bend in that time period - so I called him up and asked if he remembered them. He said he did, vaguely (and in the discussion I think I began to recall his telling me of them at the time - maybe!) but that he and his wife and child (my goddaughter actually) had moved back to our KS hometown before any resolvement of the cases had been made. Can't find anything online yet either re: arrest or no arrest; still looking.

Sounds good thanks for the info

Cant really find much more on this, may be a dead end

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong