Stupid Human Tricks aka swim with a tiger or alligator

Anyone who swims in fresh water in Florida (except perhaps for the coldest springs) "swims with alligators". The most popular lakes have warning signs.

As for rent-a-gator and rent-a-tiger-cub services, I'm opposed. I think zoos serve a function, but I prefer those that allow the animals to live in as natural a habitat as possible.

Anyone who swims in fresh water in Florida (except perhaps for the coldest springs) "swims with alligators". The most popular lakes have warning signs.

Yes, and I have done this (when I was 10). Not on purpose. Was very intimidating at the time watching the gator swoop up and grab my friends dog dragging him down. Dog never came back up and we wondered if we where next as we scrambled out of the swimming hole.

Can't see why anyone would purposely swim with something that has us on their food list.

Yes, and I have done this (when I was 10). Not on purpose. Was very intimidating at the time watching the gator swoop up and grab my friends dog dragging him down. Dog never came back up and we wondered if we where next as we scrambled out of the swimming hole.

Can't see why anyone would purposely swim with something that has us on their food list.

I'm so sorry you had that experience as a child, Sleuthster. That would haunt me without a doubt!

I too have gone swimming despite the warning signs. But only in North Florida and only as an adult. When I was a kid in South Florida, the rule was no swimming in fresh water, due to snakes and bacteria as well as gators.

But as an adult... Well, as you know, it gets hot down there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back