761 users online (162 members and 599 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - George, 69, & Dorothy Fross, 67, murdered, Oil City, 7 Oct 2012

FRANKLIN -- Thirteen-year-old Z**** told police there was a reason he shot his grandparents to death. They spoke ill of his mother and that made him mad.

Proper, of 7 W. Seventh St., Oil City, was arraigned Tuesday at about 4:30 a.m. before District Judge Michael Snyder, of Franklin, on charges of criminal homicide.

http://www.goerie.com/article/201210...A-4%3A27-pm%29
    Evil don't look like anything...

It's hard to know how to feel about this one....one one side, we have an hormonally charged young person, defending what he perceives to be the "slighting" of his mom (which he didn't handle well, admittedly); on the other hand...two dead grandparents.

So sad, all around.
    Last edited by oh_gal; 10-10-2012 at 02:25 PM.

A little remorse would go a long way with some DA's.
    I can't find a hint of it in this story..
    Sad..

This is a horrible case! Did this young man have issues prior to these murders?

I read about this the other day.... IMO it sounds like a troubled kid. There was something callous about his actions. I understand the defending his mom thing but to KILL your grandparents over it?? Then the part about him taking a car.... I mean that is pretty ballsey for a 13 yr old. The story I read made it sound pre-meditated.
    The above post is as always MY OPINION ONLY!

I think most 13 year old boys act first and think later.
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't even comprehend the magnitude of what he's done.
    (Not defending him.)

I doubt it would even occur to most 13 year olds to KILL and then kill again, because of insults against his mother.

Keep in mind that we only have the killer's story. The victims are not hear to defend themselves. He could have made up the name-calling thinking it provided a suitable excuse.
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Jacy View Post
    This is a horrible case! Did this young man have issues prior to these murders?
    Sounds like it.

"She said he began acting out in school and was suspended for a short time, during which his parents cut off his access to TV and the Internet. She said the family began to worry when Zach started hanging out with teenagers who were several years older than him and who they suspected might be using drugs. His parents, she said, "tried everything," including consulting a counselor.

I don't know if it was pre-puberty," she said. "I don't know how he met these kids. He was running with some 19-year-olds."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz290ifew8K
    "
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.

This story is terrible,(I am not defending him what he did was wrong) and he should face the consequences of his actions. But these grandparents should have not called his mother a ----- in front of him. If infact they did. He seemed like an out of control teen who needed strict guidance and rules.

The article doesn't say the couple called their ex daughter in law a whore in front of him. The poor man lived his life, married in older age, terminally ill yet unloading groceries, then gets killed by a step grandkid before he could fulfill a last wish of walking his own daughter down the aisle. He was a retired jeweler. I wonder if some 19 year old put the little boy up to robbery (after getting him on drugs and booze) while the husband was at the store and the grandma caught him. How do you not know where and how a 13 year old meets adults to run with.

Quote Originally Posted by laura08 View Post
    This story is terrible,(I am not defending him what he did was wrong) and he should face the consequences of his actions. But these grandparents should have not called his mother a ----- in front of him. If infact they did. He seemed like an out of control teen who needed strict guidance and rules.
    He will face consequences for his actions. They will charge him as an adult, so he shouldn't be getting out at 18, if convicted.
    Just my opinion

http://www.indianagazette.com/news/p...cell,20574485/

A teenage inmate serving a term for the murders of his grandparents committed suicide in his cell at State Correctional Institution Pine Grove in White Township, prison officials said.

Zachary Proper, 15, was found hanging in his cell about 11 p.m. during a security check by corrections officers. Efforts by prison officials and paramedics failed to revive Proper, and he was pronounced dead at 11:48 p.m...

Proper pleaded guilty to two counts of third-degree murder and was ordered on Jan. 7 by Judge Oliver Lobaugh to serve two consecutive terms of 17.5 to 40 years in prison, for a sentence of 35 to 80 years.