CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursebeeme

Reaction score
Police say 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway went missing around 107th Avenue and Moore Street Friday afternoon.

She is 4-feet-8-inches tall with blond hair. She is wearing purple glasses and a black coat and boots. Police have not yet released a photo.

Westminster police sent out an emergency text alert advising residents to be on the lookout. An Amber Alert has not been issued.

Details behind the disappearance are not known at this time.
http://www.9news.com/news/article/293104/222/Police-search-for-missing-Westminster-girl
case map:
http://goo.gl/maps/DIhBs

timeline and media no discussion thread

thread #1
thread #2 thread #3

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186956"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

scanner thread: what happens in the scanner thread stays in the scanner thread

rules on RSOs
New Rules on Sex Offenders and Rumors - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Here is the thread on RSOs.

You can link to RSOs in the area. You cannot sleuth them other than what is listed on this thread. If you have a question about a particular case and a particular RSO and what can and cannot be posted in depth you can post your question for administration on this thread.

((please note: questioning of what can and cannot be posted and moderation questions should not be placed on the general discussion thread. I hope that helps. If anyone has a further question please pm a moderator or administrator.))

anyone live close to the Canadian border? Does Canada check for felons/missing children etc...when you go across the border?

anyone live close to the Canadian border? Does Canada check for felons/missing children etc...when you go across the border?

Don't know if they check for either. You do need ID for children and if traveling alone with a child, Canada is suppose to require a letter from the other parent granting permission. Have yet to be asked for that letter though, and I have crossed in 2 different spots in Michigan numerous times.

If I remember correctly you would need the childs birth certificate.

Anastasiya Bolton ‏@abolton9news
witt elem on "lock out" @westminsterpd requested no kids outside. parents can pick up kids w ID. no outside play 4 recess #jessicaridgeway

Any chance to link to the family's presser in the OP?

Holly, you can post the interview in the timeline/media thread. There is a link in the opening post

Copied over from previous thread:

This is how easy it is to get to Maine from the Denver area. I80 to Chicago, I90 to Massachusetts, I495 to I95. Dexter's a few miles off I95 -- kind of the middle of nowhere. Long drive but all interstate, and most of the way you can drive well over the speed limit.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...qLje-ylva2U7Oy-wTDEz7vDIGp5yPA&mra=ls&t=m&z=5

edited to add: As for why Maine? This is a common route for fugitives to take. I don't know why. Maybe they think they can hide out in the wilderness or something.

Some of them are just following the interstate to where it ends, figuring they'll cross into Canada and be free -- not realizing that "Canada" is a very large country with a good police force of its own. I'm sure the RCMP are all over this possibility.

If you keep following the Canadian highways after you cross over, you get to Halifax. Halifax airport has flights to just about anywhere. You can also get a variety of sea transportation here, and there are rumors that more than one child *advertiser censored* ring runs through Halifax.

The places where the possible sightings took place don't fit with heading to Canada, though. It sounds like the person must have some connection to the area -- family maybe.

Checking on the Wyoming case this has been reported. Note they are just looking into it at this point for a connection.

WESTMINSTER, Colo. — Authorities investigating the disappearance of a 10-year-old Colorado girl are looking into whether it could be linked to the abduction of a girl in Wyoming as they continue searching land and water near Jessica Ridgeway's home.

Police in the Denver suburb of Westminster are talking with investigators in Cody, Wyo., about 500 miles away, spokesman Trevor Materasso said Wednesday.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20121010/APA/310109837

Sounds like LE is more active than ever in looking for Jessica. I'm so pleased with that.

Anastasiya Bolton ‏@abolton9news
witt elem on "lock out" @westminsterpd requested no kids outside. parents can pick up kids w ID. no outside play 4 recess #jessicaridgeway

wow... This looks serious... Reminds me of EQ protocol should REAL EQ happen...

I am retired teacher from CA...

JMO

Your Passport or in the case of a child under 16 entering with a Birth Certificate it is swiped and everything and anything pops up on the computer pertaining to you. Even know how many times you cross in your vehicle or another. Any arrests etc. etc. Picture is taken of license plate of every car crossing. Trying to cross with a child with no I.D. will set off a huge red flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member