FL FL - Panama City - Is there a serial killer?

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Among the unsolved cases is the murder of Vivian Lee Edwards. The 32 year old woman was discovered missing from her Dolphin Drive residence on January 26, 1983. Blood was found inside the residence and in 1988 her body was found in a wooded area in Walton County, Florida.

Another woman, 19 year old Elizabeth Prescott went missing on April 30, 2004 from her apartment at Abalone Apartments, located at 522 N. Tyndall Parkway. She had been to Wal-Mart earlier and has not been seen or heard from since that date.

The unsolved cases go as far back as 1976 to the disappearance of Joanne Benner, a 21 year old female that went missing from her Titus Road residence on May 1, 1976, leaving behind two small children. Blood was found inside the residence.

http://pcstips.com/Unsolved.aspx?PageNum=1

The case that prompted me to start this thread is that of Pamela Ray, August 1992. Please read here for comments on her case: FEATURED FL - Pamela June Ray, 36, Panama City, Aug 1992 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I remember this case..They searched land in Walton county a few years ago for this lady..It belonged to two brothers.There was nothing found,but it was believed she was buried there.I do not remember the brothers names,and the only newspaper here is a small weekly publication..We are the to Bay County, where she is missing from.I wish I could remember more..Also if I remember correctly.some family members were present during the search.

This is an old article about the search,from the News Hearld.Thursday, March 23, 2000

'Ghost chasers'
drawn to police dig site
(Photo: Mindell Thompson traveled from Opp, Ala., on Wednesday to see the possible site of the body of her missing friend. News Herald Photo: Dana Miserez.)

TONY SIMMONS
The News Herald
DeFUNIAK SPRINGS - A police dig in a wooded area off Coy Ellis Road brought out the curious and the desperate Wednesday.

The curious drove past the spot where police had excavated potential evidence in the Pamela June Ray investigation and craned their necks to see a mound of red clay and sand through the light brush.

The desperate drove 50 miles from Opp, Ala., to walk the search area and peer into a hole in the ground and speculate whether this investigation was connected, somehow, to the disappearance of 17-year-old Kemberly Ramer from her father's home in Opp in August 1997.

According to Opp police investigator Mark Keiser, the women who drove from Opp were "chasing ghosts." No connections exist, he said.

"It would have been great if (Florida police) had called and said, 'We have y'all's victim,'" Keiser said. "I hate it, but this investigation has nothing to do with Kem."

Investigators with the Panama City Beach Police Department and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement excavated parts of this 400-acre wooded property near the Sandy Creek area after a cadaver dog indicated human remains might be buried here.

The police had come here hoping to find the remains of Ray, an Atlanta woman who vanished from the grounds of a Panama City Beach motel in 1992. She left behind her car, purse, keys and sleeping children. Police found no signs of a struggle.

About 30 yards from the current search site lies the spot where police discovered the remains of Donna Callahan in 1996. Callahan, then 29 and pregnant, had disappeared from a convenience store where she worked near Gulf Breeze on Aug. 6, 1989.

Her remains were found seven years later, when a prison inmate finally disclosed where she had been buried. Mark Riebe and his half-brother, William Alex Wells, are now serving life sentences in the Santa Rosa County Correctional Institution for her murder.

Riebe has been interviewed several times by Panama City Beach police regarding the Ray case.

About a quarter of a mile from the hole in the ground off Coy Ellis Road is a house where Riebe's mother lives. "No Trespassing" signs bar the gate. No one stirs in the yards. No lights shine from inside the home.

One mile from the hole in the ground is a yellow caution sign with the words, "Children Playing," but there are no children around the nearby homes.

Dead-end lanes, sand roads and washed out tracks that amount to little more than wagon trails lead nowhere into the woods all around. Down one trail is a clearing guarded by an empty deer stand; down another muddy rut is a doublewide trailer with no one home.

Somewhere in those woods, at a location undisclosed by the police, investigators continued searching and sifting the earth. A dog trained to sniff for human remains showed interest in a few sites and police carefully dug into those areas.

FDLE spokeswoman Lisa Lagergren said police could not say exactly what the digs had uncovered. Any evidence taken from the area will require weeks or months of study before it is identified.

"There had been a rumor about a body, but there's no bodies," Lagergren said. "There's nothing that you could say is definitely something."

Police will continue searching other parts of the property during the next few days, Lagergren said.

Nurselady- do you remember a few years ago- maybe 5-7, am middle aged woman on vacation went missing from Panama City? I saw fliers here in the wiregrass about her-can't remember her name probably in her 50s.

Nurselady- do you remember a few years ago- maybe 5-7, am middle aged woman on vacation went missing from Panama City? I saw fliers here in the wiregrass about her-can't remember her name probably in her 50s.

Yes,we have several people that has gone missing!

Oh yes,I remember this well..She just walked out in the sunset,to never be seen again!!

And I wouldn't be so fast to say it was due to her mental condition. Especially with the past disapearances in the area. It's quite possible her family has no idea about them.

Riebe & Wells were also investigated when Andrea Durham went missing from Ft. Walton Beach in 1990.

FL FL - Andrea D. Durham, 13, Fort Walton Beach, 1 Feb 1990

It no longer works for me, either. Sorry.

Here is her Charly Page link.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/biggers_pamela.html

I lived across the woods from the hotel she went missing from when she vanished. I was just talking about this case with my mom over last weekend. We were talking about the helicopters searching for her in the woods and how close to the tree tops they were (I was in bed and I woke up to my bed vibrating).

I think it's too coincidental that the evening she went missing was the same day that the ice cream shop opened near the front entrance of the hotel. This hotel is directly across the street from the entrance to the Navy/Coast Guard base.

For those of you who are up for some reading the last two articles on my blog have been about Pamela June Ray (abducted from Panama City Beach in 1992) and this most recent one on Mark Riebe. I not only spoke with Retired Special Agent Dennis Haley of the FDLE in depth for some details about Riebe's confessions that I don't believe are anywhere else online but also spoke with Riebe's daughter who has some chilling recollections. Here is a link for those who are interested: Mark Riebe: Sins of the Father

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back