1136 users online (191 members and 945 guests)  

Websleuths News

Cool Amazing Image: Eagle Snatches Crocodile From Riverbank

I guess this thread will be visited by Swampmama, I'd bet on that.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...opstories.html

The African fish eagle's diet usually consists of fish and small mammals, but that's not always the case.

An image shot by a safari guide shows the powerful bird snatching up a juvenile Nile crocodile from the banks of a river in Tanzania....

That's soooooooo cool!

That is amazing! I never thought about crocs or gators having to worry about danger from above like that.

But I do confess to having pics of my cats eating gator, but of course the gator they eat has been battered and fried and swiped of Mr. Swamp's dinner plate.
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

I often wonder if this is the reality of "Mothman" sightings. An eagle, owl or bat with a large animal hanging down as the fly up into the air could give the impression of a larger body with wings. Especially in the dark.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by SwampMama View Post
    That is amazing! I never thought about crocs or gators having to worry about danger from above like that.

But I do confess to having pics of my cats eating gator, but of course the gator they eat has been battered and fried and swiped of Mr. Swamp's dinner plate.
    BBM

That's not what the cats tell their friends;

"Yeah, so he's got us cornered in the backyard. So I sez split up and on three we'll attack him from all directions. This guy was 20 ft. if he was an inch. So I run at his mouth and jump on it and clamp it down. Then the other cats start clawing out his belly. He turns into a death roll and throws me off. He's coming at me with his jaws gaping open and I leap on his back and start clawing at his eyes. Finally I give a swipe with my paw and he's knocked unconscious. I jump down and we all finish clawing at him until he dies. Mom was so angry that we all were so bloody, but when she saw the alligator she patted our heads and said 'good kitties' and cooked him up and gave us all some."

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    I often wonder if this is the reality of "Mothman" sightings. An eagle, owl or bat with a large animal hanging down as the fly up into the air could give the impression of a larger body with wings. Especially in the dark.
    I'm not sure which would be more frightening?!

Quote Originally Posted by SwampMama View Post

I have never tried Gator, is it good ?

Tastes like chicken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just striving to be average.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    I'm not sure which would be more frightening?!

My poor little schnauzer Calvin got halfway scooped up out of thin air late one night, by an owl. Scared him to death and he would not go into our yard to pee without me by his side until we moved from that house. He was probably terrified!

PS Thank God for your hilarious sense of humor and your bright imagination, Steely!!!

abbie

Rest in Peace, Robbi 1980-2012

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    I guess this thread will be visited by Swampmama, I'd bet on that.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...opstories.html

The African fish eagle's diet usually consists of fish and small mammals, but that's not always the case.

An image shot by a safari guide shows the powerful bird snatching up a juvenile Nile crocodile from the banks of a river in Tanzania....

That's soooooooo cool!
    This is an amazing photo. I bet it was amazing to see in person.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.